Prediction Changes v Hawks in Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t mind Roarke Smith and his endeavour , but I was just getting used to having genuine footballers rather than athletes in the side and Bev drops this.

West may have had a quiet time but he’s had some noisy ones too . He’s a footy player , a player of substance.

I’d hate to see him play in another guernsey .

I like Vandermeer too but he hasn’t lived up to early promise . He is one of Bev’s faves , an automatic captains pick when fit .

If you wanted to drop West on his performances playing SF in games where the ball has lived in our opponents backline...Sure. VDM has been far worse, but anyway...

J.F.C would you not bring in Garcia? The closest replacement with actual upside? Who we probably should be pumping games in to anyway? I don't want to rag on Roarke too much so I'll just say his upside is obviously nonexistent and he's not of much value at present either.

Unless there's some crazy move like Caleb moving to small forward hence West needing to make way, but that isn't happening.

I hope these melts create some kind of karmic energy which fires up the team but this is really just laughable.

West has hardly been setting the world on fire, but Roarke Smith in at this time of year is kind of surprising...

Still, its a fairly well-balanced team.

Bevo is just an arrogant campaigne. VDM and Roarke over West is a joke. West quiet games are more productive than VDM and Roarke good game. No selection intergrity. He is killing the culture. No wonder we underachieve. Go Hawks and Blues
Couldn't like this post enough. Except for the go Hawks and blues bit. I'd still like to see Carlton just miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t think it would be Rhylee West getting dropped that would tip me over thinking Bevo has lost it, but here we are.

Imagine if both Dunkley and West both request a trade. On the back of Lipinski going last year our midfield depth will be smashed.

Im not surprised that the mc have pulled West out of the side given he is a small forward who has kicked 2 goals in the last 6 weeks and hasn't scored at all for the last 3. You guys bang on a lot about selection integrity when it comes to players on the fringes of our list yet seem to have a massive blind spot for the same if it involves your personal favourites.

West was pretty good when he came into the side when it was close to its lowest ebb injury wise, but has tapered off quite a bit since he kicked 2, 3 and 2 goals between rounds 14 and 16 and is clearly back in the pack of the fringe dwellers fighting for a regular set in a side that is as close to full strength as its likely to ever be. He had his chance to nail down his spot and hasn't been able to. Its not Beveridge. Its West.

Last edited:
Hmm…. I wonder how many goals Wests replacement will kick , if we’re measuring output by this tally?

Apart from Weightman, Naugts Marra and Bont no-one kicks goals . West at least has historical form .

Im not surprised that the mc have pulled West out of the side given he is a small forward who has kicked 2 goals in the last 6 weeks and hasn't scored at all for the last 3. You guys bang on a lot about selection integrity when it comes to players on the fringes of our list yet seem to have a massive blind spot for for the same if it involves your personal favourites.

West was pretty good when he came into the side when it was close to its lowest ebb injury wise, but has tapered off quite a bit since he kicked 2, 3 and 2 goals between rounds 14 and 16 and is clearly back in the pack of the fringe dwellers fighting for a regular set in a side that is as close to full strength as its likely to ever be. He had his chance to nail down his spot and hasn't been able to. Its not Beveridge. Its West.

Typical Bevo apologist.

Im not surprised that the mc have pulled West out of the side given he is a small forward who has kicked 2 goals in the last 6 weeks and hasn't scored at all for the last 3. You guys bang on a lot about selection integrity when it comes to players on the fringes of our list yet seem to have a massive blind spot for for the same if it involves your personal favourites.

And I’m sure you have an explanation for VDMs 4 goals across his 8 games this year?

Maybe his VFL form to get him in right? I mean his 26 touches & 2 goals across his 3 games this year must have been special

Who else are we comparing him too if not the bloke in his spot?

And I’m sure you have an explanation for VDMs 4 goals across his 8 games this year?

Maybe his VFL form to get him in right? I mean his 26 touches & 2 goals across his 3 games this year must have been special
Nope he's not very special either.

They're much of a muchness as you would expect for guys on the fringes of our best side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back