VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance that Shannon Neale can fill a KPD/F position in the near future?
He is big, kicks well and moves quite well for a 202cm player.

Absolutely he can, had a great season in the vfl as a KPF. Reckon that’s part of the reason Sav has gone back. He will be cherry ripe to take over from
Hawk in a year or a two.

Absolutely he can, had a great season in the vfl as a KPF. Reckon that’s part of the reason Sav has gone back. He will be cherry ripe to take over from
Hawk in a year or a two.
He should get quite a few games next year. I can see him playing with hawke and Jezza with the latter playing more up the ground. Would need to lose Rohan for that to happen and would loose that pressure.

But Neale should play 6-10 games next year I reckon. He looks like a character and also a good developing football.

Today was good for him dempsey and Stephen’s in terms of finishing off with a good game going into pre season (and in between they should have fun supporting the main afl squad win a flag!)

If that was dahls last game in the hoops as i suspect well done to him. His attitude and his form since being dropped back to the vfl has been great. Would be happy to keep him on as a vfl listed player next year.

I think it's time to sack the coach move him on, been at the cub long enough get some fresh blood in
Yep, it is no good when the coach spends too much time at the cub.
I prefer Weihenstephaner myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dempsey showing he can rack up the possessions as well as taking a mark. Not sure what position he’ll end up? Presumably wing/hff?

Love the look of Neale. He’s developing nicely. One more season will probably do it for Hawkins and Neale can slot in.
Those two look every bit AFL players. Very exciting.

Those two look every bit AFL players. Very exciting.

Another positive is that it was really only a few years ago that our young player depth looked pretty barren. Since then we’ve added a host of kids that can actually play the game. With Close, Holmes, Stengle, Henry, Parfitt, Miers, Z.Guthrie, DeKoning all young and playing in the senior side and then Neale, Stephens, Dempsey and Conway all looking like good prospects in the VFL my fears of a crash look increasingly unlikely. Even Willis and Knevitt have shown a few signs that they too might make it.

Another positive is that it was really only a few years ago that our young player depth looked pretty barren. Since then we’ve added a host of kids that can actually play the game. With Close, Holmes, Stengle, Henry, Parfitt, Miers, Z.Guthrie, DeKoning all young and playing in the senior side and then Neale, Stephens, Dempsey and Conway all looking like good prospects in the VFL my fears of a crash look increasingly unlikely. Even Willis and Knevitt have shown a few signs that they too might make it.
Yes I reckon I saw 5 minutes of Willis and he has something to work with.

Entirely agree. And if SOS ever gets a decent run at it, he's good enough (and young enough) to be an important part of the longer-term future as well.

IWWT.

Saw the same. Not surprised really as the only ones possible (Dempsey, Shannon, Frank, Stephens) missed half a dozen games with afl (inc emergencies) and all had a handful of quite games. so really they each had half a dozen games which were top 40 like? I think we will find we see coaches votes that Dempsey might end up as best for Geelong (he would have got 10 again I reckon last week on top of a couple of other 10’s early) with maybe Shannon and Frank also polling a couple of times.

On the top 40 the only AFL players featuring that I could see are pretty established ones who played a lot of vfl this year

But as we have said a lot I hope they change the vfl list strategy next year and attract 1 or 2 mature bodies who are top 40 vfl players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back