VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was going to ask if today's been his best game for us?

He doesn't rack up possessions but uses the ball well generally... and today he's gone past 20 disposals.
Liked his game today. Does some really nice things.
When he stacks on another 5-7 kgs he'll be even more effective inside amongst the men as he's just a boy in size.

Games like today have me bullish about our future in 2-3 years seeing players like him run around. Hasn't been a great year but a good way to finish.
One of our best team performances for the year. Knevitt, Dempsey, Mullin and Conway are definitely AFL quality. Just a question of how good they can be. I really liked what I saw from Riccardi and Kroger too. Definitely worth giving them time.

Good way to finish the year. Last qtr a bit pedestrian given a lot of sideways kicking in the backline to ice the game. Padded a lot of backmen possessions!

Hard to pick who was best but Dempsey 23 and 2 goals alongside Toby’s dominance after qtr time and Whyte best game for the year would be up there. Cooper looks better in the backline (he has been playing wing most of the year and was back today). Even if a handful of kick in possessions, it was an effective day. Knevitt another very very consistent effort. He has had a great finish to the year.

Hardie‘s best game for a while. Played well in 3 of the 4 qtrs. Simpson was better in the second half - on the wing

Guthrie managed in last qtr - did enough to be back next week for sure. Ted does his thing and Osca was good

Mullin certainly has speed - but didn’t really get much of it today…nor did Foster

VFL done - now lets see whether AFL keeps going tonight!

1692416899876.png

Made the snap decision to take 2 young children to the footy so didn't get there till quarter time.
Solid performance, some quick thoughts, Guth built into the game.. If we win tonight I'd expect him to play AFL next week, got going and he as a class above.
Toby has the goods but just needs a run injury free to build fitness now, is a red as red can be when he comes off for a spell.
Flynn I was really interested in, has something..most impressed with his effort, had multiple long hard chases and looks pretty tidy ball in hand to me.
Rico so light but has that something about him.
Knevitt will be a player as well, and Ollies brain is a step ahead at this level.
Hardie doesn't do much for me, Foster a big kid was limping late but stayed out there but could make a big jump over a summer or 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have Neale if you want an athletic ruckman. He was the most athletic Ruck in his draft class.

Its about age and transition. Very soon ..maybe from now on Neale will transition into afl. Very soon Blitz will be done and Sav will be gone.

You trade for now and draft for years to come. Our list needs to add at least one young ruck. It was mentioned by Pure (I think we might add Pike).Id prefer Goad but even if we went a shorter guy , someone 197-200 type who might play KP but help out in the ruck if required. Not one player in our VFL looks like that imo.

If we want a mid 20's type as a legit backup ..then Im not sure who we look at...it why I think it will be interesting whcih way we go.

Dempsey is a very smart player - hope he makes it next season.

Knevitt will be hard to match up on as he gains strength - his marking ability is special.

I doubted Riccardi at first but he could keep developing: Kade Simpson was a skinny kid and ended up playing 300 games - it does happen.

Hope they keep kroeger because our AFL back half is mediocre.

I mean you'd hope so for a first pick, but he just looks effortless

Hes got nothing on harley reid but hes not a bad player. Im sure we will try to get him in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back