VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Jye is equal leader after 8 games. I think he had better first half than second? But good effort so far

Of course in the girls Simpson has been recognised a couple of times now with rising star and vflw team of the year. Great

Not sure he got another vote?

Dempsey ended up with 14 votes I think. Waiting to see final count list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know nothing about the VFL

But i think it is great that they have the JJ Liston trophy going - used to be the best and fairest in the 1st division of the VFA - and it was allways quite a prestigious trophy to win

Ray Shaw ( who later became a Coll captain ) won it as a teenager - Big Bob Heard might have also have won it

So its good they have kept that JJ Liston name/trophy continuing

Marty Hore I reckon be a upgrade on Jed Bews in my view

Will GC win their first piece of silverware to accompany their wooden spoons

With the number of hardened bodies they stacked on their rookie list like stein anderson blakely etc plus their young talent they should beat a standalone side realistically.

🙄

Yes, GC was absolutely flunking in the VFL this season prior to Hardwick signing to coach to their senior team from next season - how about actually crediting those who were there from the start and led the way this season

🙄

Yes, GC was absolutely flunking in the VFL this season prior to Hardwick signing to coach to their senior team from next season - how about actually crediting those who were there from the start and led the way this season

Lol they are premiers because they have an expanded rookie list which means they can put an extra 3-4 mature bodies in their vfl team compared to other clubs (like us) and because they had a good injury run which meant most weeks they had 18-20 afl listed players.
Nothing to do with hardwick.

For those who are interested (or can't get enough footy), the WAFL grand final, featuring Cam Eardley and Jarrad Jansen, can be watched on the 7+ app at 5pm today AEST.

Good to see eardley and jansen win a flag.

Good to see eardley and jansen win a flag.
As mentioned in the post-match interview, Cam and his family have been through hell, with the suicide of his younger brother several years ago. So this win will mean even more for them.

They’re trying to use the tragedy to make a positive difference for other young men, which is admirable:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back