VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably one of the better games this year. Disposal is usually pretty rubbish with lots of turnovers, but this was very different. Maybe Guthrie helps with that. Conway was great after the first quarter, good amount of hit outs to advantage. Strong over head, even does well with the ground ball and follow up efforts. Once he gets more fitness and his body holds up....boy oh boy Wowee.

We have Neale if you want an athletic ruckman. He was the most athletic Ruck in his draft class.
We'll have a good look at him tonight in the ruck.
I agree with a lot you say but Neale isn't a natural Rickman, nor is he a natural forward... he's a better forward of the two but he that in-betweener like Rory Lobb.

Anyone who watched, did they think Kroeger did enough to warrant an extension?
I missed the first quarter but I wouldn't complain if they gave him another year just to see what he can do with a fit body. I thought he looked pretty good, especially so given how much he's missed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Conway go in the ruck duel?? Was he ontop in the hitouts?? Seemed from the stat sheet he did well around the ground and contests.
First qtr I was a bit worried as he got beaten in the ruck. Flynn was really good in the tap.

But Toby dominated after qtr time. He is very good on the ground

Riccardi has shown some real promise over the last few weeks.
Big summer in the gym and he could develop into a handy player
Miers MK2 in time

Go Catters

Little Ricco oozes something... gonna be good for us in 2025.
Can become Miers mk2… runs hard.. good skills ..very quick… needs to get bigger body but give him 2 more preseasons and it’ will come..
and I’m happy for it to take that long
Go Catters

I agree with a lot you say but Neale isn't a natural Rickman, nor is he a natural forward... he's a better forward of the two but he that in-betweener like Rory Lobb.
It feels like he's got the skills of a wingman in the body of a ruckman. He just doesn't look anywhere near physical enough to be competitive in the ruck or up forward. But he's quick, agile, great below his knees, a great kick and can run all day.

I don't know what the answer is going to be with him but I suspect it will take a lot of development. I wouldn't expect him to play that many games next year. But there's a chance he could be a serious player with his skill set too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back