List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf is this s**t? Has Hardwick taken over the channel 7 social media account or something!
Top 10 pick for a guy barely B22!

Well he did finish 2nd in the Richmond club B&F in 2021. He played 22 games in 21 and 20 this year. And he is under contract for next season.

If Logue was similar this place would be demanding pick #1

Fagan and the Hawthorn connection was significant - luring Hodge there and the flow-on effects.
Not much of a destination in the few years before that was it?
Nope. That's the whole bit about it being a reasonably well run club. No-one wants to go to a club that they think is flakey.

Didn't he have glandular fever this season? If so, it hangs around for a while.
Yep! It's a right bastard too sometimes. I got it right after coming home from 10 weeks at Singleton so was as fit as I've ever been and it took me out completely for 3 months. Couldn't get off the couch, didn't have the energy to change the channel on the remote. Lost about 15kgs and had to have a liver function test every second day. Rough. The fact that he's playing at all if he had anything close to that this year is amazing. Just have to hope he bounces back from it. Nasty shit.

Do you think we will use Jackson as a ruck?
No idea. I assume he will replace Lobb's minutes, mostly because I think Darcy is a #1 ruck who can rest forward, but isn't a forward.

My post is responding to the video justifying a million dollar annual contract for Jackson based on him being the competition's 3rd best ruck.

J

Had a crappy season did our Darcy.
Soft at the contest, couldn't take a mark and was pushed around in the ruck too easily.
Dogga was all over him at optus.

In the match earlier in the year when we beat Melbourne at the G, Darcy was brilliant against both Gawn and Jackson. Even Lobb was desperate and did great follow up work.

When Sean Darcy has an injury free season he will suddenly be the AA ruck and our side will win many extra games. Hopefully that's next season, the year after he will be a restricted free agent and two seasons as the AA ruck mean he will be offered big money. I'd like to sign him to an extension next season right around when Jackson (who isn't playing in the ruck) is getting involved in play more and media figures are looking for stories that aren't "WC loses 7th game in a row" - so they start talking about Darcy going home to Victoria end of next year. Getting the big fella worked up and signing on.

I'd even casually mention near Sumich that clubs are asking Freo about trading him a year early so get that ball rolling.

J

Had a crappy season did our Darcy.
Soft at the contest, couldn't take a mark and was pushed around in the ruck too easily.
Dogga was all over him at optus.
Darcy was playing sore and tired in the back half of the season, it happens when you are shouldering 85% of the ruck duties. With Jackson coming in that will drop to 65-70% and he’ll play a lot better. He barely spent anytime resting forward either as he was in the bench when not in the ruck.
I’m backing the big guy to have a much better 2022 and spend more time forward with a decent chop out from Jackson in the ruck.

Are we buying Jayden Hunt as a free agent from Melbourne for a faster wing option?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why should we do any club a favor?

Acres can go to the draft. Seriously a late F3 is useless to us.
Not saying it's a favour, but if the club thinks the bloke is worth peanuts and didn't want to pay him then perhaps that's exactly what he's worth?

Just being realistic, because it's also why I think Freo should fight hard to get something big for Lobb.

I hate the JJK comparison but man Treacy gets a lot of stick here for a 2nd season KPP who isn't pick one.

Treacy had better stats in his first year than JJK did in any of his first 3 years.

Not that I think he's going to be anywhere near as good, but as KPFs go his trajectory is super promising thus far, especially for someone picked so late. Huge misread by us this year not giving him a few games especially early on when he was kicking bags at Peel.
Yeah I was more just making a point that key forwards don't need to be sitting on peoples heads every week, and that Treacy has shown plenty for a kid that was 19 until the end of his last (very interrupted) season.

I think people are missing the point re: Jackson. What has made Geelong so effective this year (beside having a bunch of gun players on suspiciously low wages) isn't their rucks (obviously), but their setup. This set up is only allowed by having Blicavs and Hawkins, with a ruck (usually Stanley).

We don't have a Blicavs currently. Jackson is being brought in to be that, and I'd argue projects to be a superior version. Darcy is clearly better than Stanley and Lobb is not as good as Hawkins.

Odds are we're losing Lobb, definitely regards long term. Shame but that's footy. Not too worried as we're clearly developing Treacy as a Fwd/Ruck in the WAFL, and he is also projecting very well (he's just turned 20!). He also provides a level of defensive pressure that's rare for a tall. Unlikely to reach Hawkins' level, but he'll be a more than handy 2nd tall.

We're getting set up to have height and marking power across the field. We looked a million bucks this year when we had aerial dominance in the first half of the season.

I think the plan is sound and we're being aggressive in getting the best component parts to carry it out. I like it.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hate the JJK comparison but man Treacy gets a lot of stick here for a 2nd season KPP who isn't pick one.

Treacy had better stats in his first year than JJK did in any of his first 3 years.

Not that I think he's going to be anywhere near as good, but as KPFs go his trajectory is super promising thus far, especially for someone picked so late. Huge misread by us this year not giving him a few games especially early on when he was kicking bags at Peel.
Yeah love Treacy. Think ny buddy's going to be a fantastic player for us and the enforcer who ensures that no one ****s with Amiss.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back