List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

I look at it from the opposite angle, what would we pay to have a structural player like Lobb, our best tall forward, next season? We won't find that in another player on our list already, we need to buy that. If we had to pay pick #11 this year to get him for one season and then trade him for a second round pick next season then I think it's worth the output.

Lobb to the Dogs is making a direct competitor better and us worse, Freo and the Dogs will be fighting for the same place in the finals. We can't be making them better by giving away a player we genuinely need.

They need to bleed. Just like Geelong for Tim Kelly.

Just like Melbourne will try and do for Jackson, but he is out of contract.
Kelly was out of contract.

I'm with you regarding Lobb. No point settling early anyway given Melbourne will be watching.

We also need to get Jackson for pick #29.

It's a very clear proposition.

Find another club with a player like Lobb who will trade him under contract for pick #29.

When you get back empty handed, ask why Freo should.
Bombers got peter wright for a F4??
what pies pay for Darcy Cameron?

Lobb is a loss yes but Tab & Fyfe hopefully stay fit.. plus get games into Amiss & Tracey & maybe they get another forward

Bombers got peter wright for a F4??
what pies pay for Darcy Cameron?

Lobb is a loss yes but Tab & Fyfe hopefully stay fit.. plus get games into Amiss & Tracey & maybe they get another forward
Wright was a salary dump similar to Brodie

Peter Wright also could get a game in his last year at Gold Coast. Darcy Cameron had played one game.
Rory Lobb is our #1 tall forward.

You haven't found any players equal to Lobb yet.

I don’t want to say anything specific as it wouldn’t be appropriate for me to. Based on what I know I think he would be more likely to get in the s**t over here that he would be to be a useful player.

You can either believe me or not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t believe you have any actual knowledge of Quinton.

Lobb is a clearly, objectively, better option right now than either of those where when they were traded.
so dont take a pick in 20's for lobb keep him play him over amiss & treacy then they want to leave for game time?

we cant talk about it all day but till they trade him no one knows what freo will get
if they get a first im happy to be wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Wright also could get a game in his last year at Gold Coast. Darcy Cameron had played one game.
Rory Lobb is our #1 tall forward.

You haven't found any players equal to Lobb yet.
Ben Brown from North to Melbourne is in the ballpark of Lobb trade

so dont take a pick in 20's for lobb keep him play him over amiss & treacy then they want to leave for game time?

we cant talk about it all day but till they trade him no one knows what freo will get

Yes... Jye Amiss will flee from his multi year contract because he didn't get as much game time in his second season.
Josh Treacy might, but I think if he is good enough and Taberner is injured enough he will get a game. Lobb wasn't keeping him out of the game this year, Logue was keeping that spot warm.

Lobb will be gone at the end of next season.

Yes... Jye Amiss will flee from his multi year contract because he didn't get as much game time in his second season.
Josh Treacy might, but I think if he is good enough and Taberner is injured enough he will get a game. Lobb wasn't keeping him out of the game this year, Logue was keeping that spot warm.

Lobb will be gone at the end of next season.
meek & Tucker signed last year both want out?

If we are still in development mode playing Amiss and Treacy makes sense. We also should relegate Fyfe, Walters and Taberner.

Pretty sure Amiss and Treacy will get opportunities next season regardless of Lobb.

Haha just being real & actually valuing players for what they are worth
Here’s a fair trade, 15 for Lob + 50 when you use the points system it equates to about pick 22.
We get 50 from Melbourne as change from 13 and F1 for Jackson.
Freo out: F1,13, Lobb
Freo in: Jackson, 15
Melbourne out: Jackson, 50
Melbourne in: 13,F1
Bulldogs out: 15
Bulldogs in: Lobb, 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back