List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting Hopper, 44, 61 and 63 back. These picks will come in a lot once all Brisbane picks are removed by their 2 F/S bids
Maybe we will package them up and trade them to lions for a better pick and they use these for points for Fletchers son

Maybe we will package them up and trade them to lions for a better pick and they use these for points for Fletchers son

The draft rules really confuse me. I thought they specifically brought in a rule that meant you could only have as many active draft picks as senior list positions available. This was specifically to prevent clubs stockpiling later picks worth more points but less on the trade table. I’m pretty sure this was after Sydney matched a couple of high bids with a bunch of late picks after trading for later picks to increase points.

If still true I doubt Brisbane can stockpile many more active picks as their vacant senior list spots won’t be high enough (although I have no idea how many list spots they have free).

North Melbourne are also idiots for not selecting Daicos and forcing Collingwood to match the top bid he was worth. This probably added to JHF’s ego because he got the number 1 mantle and the stupid $10k bullshit introduced by the AFL for being the so-called best of the best. No wonder he thinks his s**t doesn’t stink and he can leave when he wants.

We are getting Hopper, 44, 61 and 63 back. These picks will come in a lot once all Brisbane picks are removed by their 2 F/S bids
Could be mistaken but didn’t think we would have that manny list spots to use draft picks if we get Taranto and Hopper

Sheds, Caddy Lambert frees up 3, Soldo frees one so 4 free spots

Taranto and Hopper take up 2

Pickett needs to be elevated off the rookie list so takes one

Stack needs to be elevated if he stays putting us at 0 main list spots

Martyn and RCD could free up two more but we don’t know if they are staying or going yet

Chances are probably one or two at max in the National season draft and a few rookie picks

Could see some moves depending on if the club still wants to keep RCD by putting him onto the rookie list and giving stack his spot on the main list or just using it to free up a spot on the main list

Last edited:
Could be mistaken but didn’t think we would have that manny list spots to use draft picks if we get Taranto and Hopper

Sheds, Caddy Lambert frees up 3, Soldo frees one so 4 free spots

Taranto and Hopper take up 2

Pickett needs to be elevated off the rookie list so takes one

Stack needs to be elevated if he stays putting us at 0 main list spots

Martyn and RCD could free up two more but we don’t know if they are staying or going yet

Chances are probably one or two at max in the pre season draft and a few rookie picks

I was just thinking about this…

Caddy, Edwards, Lambert gone

3 senior spots

Soldo trade cancels out Pickett upgrade.

Hopper and Taranto in leaves us with 1 senior spot.

Parker gone

2 rookie list spots free

Out of contract - Aarts, RCD, Martyn, Stack (rookie), Nyuon (rookie), Colina (Cat B)

I’m not sure on Bauer did we already sign on for 2023. I’m assuming rookie list.

I think Stack is likely gone as we won’t waste a senior list spot on him.

At a guess I’d say we keep Nyuon on rookie list, delist Martyn, rookie list Aarts and trade RCD. No idea on Colina not sure if relevant being cat b.

That would leave us with 4 senior list spots vacant and 1 rookie if Aarts/Bauer take the other ones.

Getting 44, 61 and 63 from GWS and another pick for RCD probably makes sense then depending on our recruiting plans for a back-up ruck. At least we can choose not to use all our picks if we don’t rate players high enough and use the rookie draft instead.

Part of me wants to keep Stack and RCD though which could be on the cards if no takers for RCD in trade.

Funnily enough picks 44, 61 & 63 equate to 598 points.
Pick 31 is 606 points & pick 32 is 584 points. The exact pick we're including in the deal. That's if we would trade up.

Funnily enough picks 44, 61 & 63 equate to 598 points.
Pick 31 is 606 points & pick 32 is 584 points. The exact pick we're including in the deal. That's if we would trade up.

The draft points don’t make a lot of sense as pick 31/32 has a lot more value than those picks. It’s pretty much 50/50 if clubs even use picks in the 60s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 senior spots

Parker gone

2 rookie list spots free

Out of contract - Aarts, RCD, Martyn, Stack (rookie), Nyuon (rookie), Colina (Cat B)

I’m not sure on Bauer did we already sign on for 2023. I’m assuming rookie list.

At a guess I’d say we keep Nyuon on rookie list, delist Martyn, rookie list Aarts and trade RCD. No idea on Colina not sure if relevant being cat b.

That would leave us with 4 senior list spots vacant and 1 rookie if Aarts/Bauer take the other ones.

Getting 44, 61 and 63 from GWS and another pick for RCD probably makes sense then depending on our recruiting plans for a back-up ruck. At least we can choose not to use all our picks if we don’t rate players high enough and use the rookie draft instead.

Part of me wants to keep Stack and RCD though which could be on the cards if no takers for RCD in trade.
Yeah think you have worked it out really well, it’s hard because as good as we are with some things as a club we don’t have anywhere to look up at the offical part of the list each player is on and how many years left they have on the rookie list if they are a rookie and that

Similar to all the confusion about where Cumbo actually sits on our list

I also like the idea of holding a free list spot and having a few guys train with us over the pre season to see if they have something to offer

3 senior spots

Parker gone

2 rookie list spots free

Players who nominate for the mid season draft also nominate contract length. Generally it’s 18 months, which I believe Bauer did.

Yeah think you have worked it out really well, it’s hard because as good as we are with some things as a club we don’t have anywhere to look up at the offical part of the list each player is on and how many years left they have on the rookie list if they are a rookie and that

Similar to all the confusion about where Cumbo actually sits on our list

I also like the idea of holding a free list spot and having a few guys train with us over the pre season to see if they have something to offer
Well there are other twists

all depends on which configuration you chose with senior list size 36,37,or 38

Grimes. Gibcus/Tarrant. Broad.
Rioli. Balta. Vlastuin.
Pickett. Taranto. McIntosh.
Cumberland. Lynch. Bolton.
Martin. Riewoldt. Rioli.
Nankervis. Hopper. Prestia.

Cotchin. Baker. Graham. Short. Miller/Ryan Sonsie. Ross...

Lets Go Dancing GIF by NBC

Can someone do some math for me the scum pies offloading Grundy as a salary dump they are paying 300 grand of mill contract they just resigned degoey on 800 and they just brought in Mcstay on 600 and and bobby hill on maybe 200 plus and they are getting frampton on 200 to 300 and fiorini on a backended contract so gc another salary dump and been linked to Tom Mitchell who would be on 800 plus so how the hell is it possible for them to fit all those players in the cap
I believe it has something to do with Collingwood wrongly believing they had actually acquired the prestigious Brown Brothers winery a few years ago, and have committed several million dollars each year to maintaining this venture.

But when it was recently brought to their attention that they had actually been paying the two very underwhelming Brown brothers on their playing list, and indeed not a very profitable and esteemed winery, they immediately cut both lads free, thus reducing their annual salary outlay significantly.

North Melbourne are also idiots for not selecting Daicos and forcing Collingwood to match the top bid he was worth. This probably added to JHF’s ego because he got the number 1 mantle and the stupid $10k bullshit introduced by the AFL for being the so-called best of the best. No wonder he thinks his s**t doesn’t stink and he can leave when he wants.
Totally agree with you Docko.

I had this discussion with a North supporter on one of their gobshyte threads and put that exact suggestion forward. The response I got back was how important they thought it was that he DID get the kudos of being #1 ... as if he'd aspire to greater things purely because of this supposed honour. Clearly they haven't done their research on past #1 picks vs others in the top 3 or 4.

The other sketchy defense they offered was that they wanted JHF to be the recipient of the $10k that NAB give to the #1 :tearsofjoy: As if that relatively paltry amount (which amounts to just a couple of fines for wrestling!) wouldn't be a piss in the ocean compared to his future earning potential.

One thing's for certain, JHF's next contract will be way more than $10k less than what it could've and should've been if he'd had the first year they predicted.

Last edited:
I'd say that was Eilish Sheerin, she is in her first AFL season at 29, having just been drafted by the Tiges for this season. She will probably be All Australian in her first year at this rate. She has a canny knack of controlling the ball when at ground level to her advantage before she takes possession and tears away. She is like D8 Dozer.

Yep, that’s her. 29yo? Wow … she’s a gun!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They've given up picks 18, 38, 48, 55, future second and future fourth so far without receiving Bowes, Henry or pick 7. Lets see how this period actually plays out for them before we say they killed it. And none of these guys have made it either, yes they have a lot of potential but it could be a spectacular fail too imo.
Ummm isnt that exactly what I said? - ".....they're killing it this trade period if they can turn pick 18 and $1.6mill in to pick 7, Bowes and Bruhn as well as adding Henry"

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back