List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not really too concerned about our Ruck stocks , Nank is pretty durable and Ryan will be ready next year and we have support from Miller , Biggy , Noah Balta. We could grab Max Knobel if we have a late pick that has potential (based on a draft watcher on Pre Bullus)

We could also grab as a Rookie

Patrik Balta

15/3/1999, 204cm, 110kg, ruck
baltaca4b7aa6d9d5ce79a57a96ed1e04eae0.png

Would be cool to have Trent knobels kid at tigerland

I had zero interest in watching AFLW when it first started - was happy it was launched and understood the benefits, just had no interest. Then Richmond joined and I’d check the scores to see if we won. Then last season I started watching a bit of the Tigers as Conti is a star. Now this year I find myself when I remember taping the Tiger games on the IQ box to watch back later.

Don’t watch any other games and don’t really even know the ladder, but really enjoy watching the Tiger girls play. I don’t know many names, but Conti keeps getting better. One of the girls off half back starred agains the Eagles … skilful and tough and dominated. And McKenzie is physically going to play like Dusty in years to come.

The standard has improved a lot and I’ll keep following the Tigers and will definitely watch our finals. I respect if people have no interest in watching, but there’s no need to ridicule it as all sports have to start somewhere and AFLW has come a very long way in just a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd say that was Eilish Sheerin, she is in her first AFL season at 29, having just been drafted by the Tiges for this season. She will probably be All Australian in her first year at this rate. She has a canny knack of controlling the ball when at ground level to her advantage before she takes possession and tears away. She is like D8 Dozer.

The AFL is angry that JHF is making a mockery of their equalisation attempts so have blocked it out of spite, so a likely finalist can’t pillage a bottom team.

Can anyone even believe we have rules in relation to trading and drafting that are not black and white ..?!??!!!

It’s like when Sydney got Buddy - completely within the rules of the day - and the AFL were so angry he didn’t go to GWS they stopped them trading for 2-years and removed COLA. How does that even happen .??

Joke league

The standard has improved a lot and I’ll keep following the Tigers and will definitely watch our finals. I respect if people have no interest in watching, but there’s no need to ridicule it as all sports have to start somewhere and AFLW has come a very long way in just a few years.
The standard has a long way to go but I love that they go in hard. Whatever sport you’re watching you want it to be competitive and the AFLW has less bruise free footy than the men’s.

Some of those Sunday afternoon Marvel games would send you to sleep.
The AFL is angry that JHF is making a mockery of their equalisation attempts so have blocked it out of spite, so a likely finalist can’t pillage a bottom team.

Can anyone even believe we have rules in relation to trading and drafting that are not black and white ..?!??!!!

It’s like when Sydney got Buddy - completely within the rules of the day - and the AFL were so angry he didn’t go to GWS they stopped them trading for 2-years and removed COLA. How does that even happen .??

Got no sympathy for Port or JHF in this instance, but your point is spot on.

Gws pick 44 would be handy.

Get a kpp and a ruck ideally

Combined mocked drafts;

View attachment 1530297
Was a story about Brayden George on the AFL site today. Seems the right sort of kid to bring into your system.

Not that any of this year’s kids are relevant to us unfortunately. Can’t have it all.

Im not really too concerned about our Ruck stocks , Nank is pretty durable and Ryan will be ready next year and we have support from Miller , Biggy , Noah Balta. We could grab Max Knobel if we have a late pick that has potential (based on a draft watcher on Pre Bullus)

We could also grab as a Rookie

Patrik Balta

15/3/1999, 204cm, 110kg, ruck
baltaca4b7aa6d9d5ce79a57a96ed1e04eae0.png
Have a look at a kid named Phoenix Foster

I had zero interest in watching AFLW when it first started - was happy it was launched and understood the benefits, just had no interest. Then Richmond joined and I’d check the scores to see if we won. Then last season I started watching a bit of the Tigers as Conti is a star. Now this year I find myself when I remember taping the Tiger games on the IQ box to watch back later.

Don’t watch any other games and don’t really even know the ladder, but really enjoy watching the Tiger girls play. I don’t know many names, but Conti keeps getting better. One of the girls off half back starred agains the Eagles … skilful and tough and dominated. And McKenzie is physically going to play like Dusty in years to come.

Eilish Sheerin - gun

Yeah I have only really watched this season, but have 2 girls under the age of 5 and live round the corner from Lathlain park so why not head along 👍🏻

agree

First year for me

Standard isnt great, but its Richmond, I want them to win !

If the offer is to be No 1 ruck then I'd take it.

WHY LIVE IN WEST SYDNEY?

Great sports culture

Greater Western Sydney is one of the best places to get involved with sports. There’s no shortage of local teams to get behind, including a number of National Rugby League (NRL) and Australian Football League (AFL) teams including the Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers and GWS Giants, and if you’re a football (a.k.a. soccer) fan – the Western Sydney Wanderers.

Also, if you want to capture a little nostalgia from the 2000 Olympics, make sure to stop by Sydney Olympic Park. While you’re here, explore the bike trails of Bicentennial Park or the Aquatic Centre and celebrate the triumphs of some of Australia’s greatest swimming legends. The choice is yours!

Multiculturalism

Greater Western Sydney has some of the most multicultural and linguistically diverse suburbs in the country. With an influx of international students at Western Sydney University, the region has become a melting pot of different races and religions. One event to get excited for is Harmony Week, which runs from 15 to 21 March each year. Harmony Week offers an opportunity to celebrate multiculturalism in Australia. Diversity Fest is also an important event at Western Sydney University. With one-third of WSU’s students coming from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and one-fifth of students born overseas, Diversity Fest is a chance for everyone to come together and connect through diverse experiences and perspectives.

Gorgeous sunny weather

Western Sydney enjoys a sunny climate with mild winters and hot summers. If you’re someone who gravitates to consistently warm weather, this region is ideal for you. All year-round, it’s mostly sunny with very little rainfall here, so you can partake in heaps of outdoor activities while soaking up the sun. Whether it’s picnicking, winery tours, lawn bowls or barbecues, make sure to fill up your social calendar and enjoy the clear blue skies.

A chance to connect with nature

As we previously mentioned, Western Sydney has excellent weather, which provides you with ample opportunity to appreciate and reconnect with nature. The leafy suburbs are surrounded by an abundance of natural bushlands, parklands, hiking trails, farms and national parks.

If you’re looking for some scenic picnic spots, visit The Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan, Bungarribee Park, Parramatta Park or even Weir Reserve. However, if you want to discover some breathtaking waterfalls and campsites, check out the Blue Mountains and all the bountiful biodiversity it has to offer.

Foodie hot spots

It’s no secret Parramatta has become a popular food precinct in Sydney, offering a wide variety of fusion Middle Eastern, Southeast Asian and Taiwanese food. Parramatta is home to the legendary Eat Street, which has many excellent cafes, bars and restaurants along the strip. This lively strip is decorated with fairy lights and offers alfresco seating, making it a popular spot during the Summer.

If you’re looking for incredible Indian food in Parramatta, definitely check out Harris Park. Cabramatta, if you’re looking for Vietnamese fusion and Auburn for Middle Eastern cuisine. Additionally, every Friday in Centenary Square, the Farmer’s Market comes alive, offering the very best seasonal produce, the perfect place for you to pick up your groceries for the week.

A bustling bar scene

As well as being a popular food spot, Parramatta’s nightlife is booming as they have some of the best bars in the state and even in Australia. If you’re looking for a vibrant bar unlike no other, visit Coco Cubano, as this Cuban inspired bar will have you feeling like you just stepped into downtown Havana. For something a little more luxurious, check out Nick & Nora’s or Alex&Co, as both venues have an extensive champagne collection. For cocktail specials and great live music, head to Bar 30, but, if you’re after something more low key, check out Uncle Kurt’s, a New-York inspired dive-bar, a hidden gem tucked away under a Parramatta car park.

The arts are alive and thriving

Art lovers will be in absolute bliss when living in Greater Western Sydney, as the region’s art scene is rich and diverse, with many artists from all walks of life living here. If you’re a student wanting to discover world-class pieces, Western Sydney University has an endless collection consisting of paintings, works on paper, mixed media, sculpture and ceramics.

But if you’re after some boundary-pushing live theatre, make sure you swing by the Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre and the Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre in Penrith. These performance hubs also offer concession prices, making it a great cost-effective weekend activity for students.

Rich history

Western Sydney has a range of interesting historic sites filled with Aboriginal history and heritage. Not far from Elizabeth Farm – Australia’s oldest intact European building, you can find the Baludarri Wetlands, a small area of greenery named after a Darug teenager who lived in Parramatta when European colonists arrived and served as the translator for Governor Phillip.

The Western Sydney Parklands are situated in the Deerubbin and Gandangara Local Aboriginal Land Councils – the Traditional Custodians of this land. It’s part of the Country of the inland Darug people, whose territory lies from the Blue Mountains to the coast.

The Parklands feature gorgeous rural and agricultural lands, natural bushlands with historical sites and artefacts that tell the story of survival and resilience of the Darug people during British settlement.

Fun on the water

Ok, so there may not be a whole lot of surfing going on in the western region, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t still hit the waves. The Greater Western Sydney is fortunate to have heaps of extraordinary water parks such as Raging Waters Sydney and Aquatopia, for you to experience a vast range of water sports, activities and rides.

Also, there’s a massive list of free waterparks, including Blacktown Showground Precinct Water Play Park, Nurragingy Reserve and Plough and Harrow, located in the Western Sydney Parklands. Particularly useful if you’re someone looking for a fun, action-packed day on a budget.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a story about Brayden George on the AFL site today. Seems the right sort of kid to bring into your system.

Not that any of this year’s kids are relevant to us unfortunately. Can’t have it all.
I dont think there is any chance he would still be on the board when we have a pick even though he will be out for 12 months with a knee injury
but if he was the kid had massive wraps and was touted as a top 10-15 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back