Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope you are referring to the Andrew Vlahov, Ricky grace, Scott fisher wildcats who played in the champions tournament in ?london? Back in the mid 90’s and lost to the ?rockets?

Edit: it’s actually on YouTube! Was so pumped for this to see how good we actually were agains the champs

I love that. The commentators loved how many nicknames we had in one team. I forget sometimes how big basketball was in oz in the early to mid 1990's. I still remember my basketball juniour team watching the game together.

I'll completely disagree I think Thybulle will be one playing till his mid 30's as he is such a great athlete. My points actually that a young athletic shot blocker could make an impact early in their career with the Boomers as that's all where missing. Im saying I think we have a special player developing here.

I think thybulle will be very good for the sixers this season.

They look a very strong roster too

Would love to watch a full strength Australian team
Sweet mother of God, can you imagine a full strength Australian team taking the court? We would have defence coming out the wazoo.

Makur Maker, Landale, Simmons, Ingles, Thybulle, White, Daniels, Green, Giddey, Mills, Exum, Cotton is a decent starting point

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Sweet mother of God, can you imagine a full strength Australian team taking the court? We would have defence coming out the wazoo.

Makur Maker, Landale, Simmons, Ingles, Thybulle, White, Daniels, Green, Giddey, Mills, Exum, Cotton is a decent starting point

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Will be interesting if Mills can get Simmons on board the boomers train.

Giddey 6 of 12 for three pointers so far this pre season. If Chip England can get his shot up to 35%+ it'll be massive for him as a player and the Boomers.
There’s alwYs Ben Simmons reliable 3 pointer
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I saw that, I don’t think he wa was legitimately having a shot but still not a good look. Poor guy has so much pressure on him to become a bonafide shooter.

and yet he appears to do nothing to achieve it.

His BROTHER is his shooting coach. C'mon, if he was serious, his brother is the last person he'd have hired.

and yet he appears to do nothing to achieve it.

His BROTHER is his shooting coach. C'mon, if he was serious, his brother is the last person he'd have hired.
I think I read that he keeps the wrong people around him, people that enable his behaviour.

Or Serbia and Jokic, or pretty much any baltic state as they are all loaded with genuine 7 foot bruisers who can can score at center.

Most people are going to struggle vs jokic. Current back to back MVP ...

Who else do the Baltic and Slav states have that play the 5?

They have to defend Simmons the other way too. He is capable of wcoeing 40+ on gobert

Chances are some c grade 7footer might struggle to keep up with him in transition for example.

I wasn't saying to play Ben at the 5 every min. Maker and Lansdale types can plug in too if you need size.

Giddey.
Daniels.
Green.
Thybulle.
Simmons.

What a timeline

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back