Toast Ross Lyon returns to St.Kilda #UnfinishedBusiness

Happy?

• Yes

Votes: 225 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard something about Ratts over the weekend that I won't share here but if true probably a big reason as to why it all went to s**t in the last couple months before his sacking.

I agree with most of what you've said though. I think we will undoubtedly improve it's just a question of if that's enough to become a great club again or not.
What is the point of saying the above,.? why say that at all if you don't or cannot say it ot on a forum. seriosuly what is the point. just to make us forumites to ask you questions? or "look at me" if you cannot say it why bother to put it on here.

What is the point of saying the above,.? why say that at all if you don't or cannot say it ot on a forum. seriosuly what is the point. just to make us forumites to ask you questions? or "look at me" if you cannot say it why bother to put it on here.
Lol bit of an overreaction

I heard a rumour about why he suggests stuff but can't go into details. I can't say why he can't on here.

On Harvey, except for his most recent stay (where other objectives clearly got in the way), the midfield has always progressed under him. Dal's best year was when Harvey was our midfield coach (2011). Collingwood have always developed mids. I'm confident everything is where we need it to be except for forwards coach, which might be the most important.

On Harvey, except for his most recent stay (where other objectives clearly got in the way), the midfield has always progressed under him. Dal's best year was when Harvey was our midfield coach (2011). Collingwood have always developed mids. I'm confident everything is where we need it to be except for forwards coach, which might be the most important.

RTB has spoken to Adam Schnieder, not sure what progressed from that. But he could be a good option for a forward line coach.

Jarryn Geary now at Eaglehawk in Bendigo

I'm happy he didn't start as a coach with us straight away, the club needs some fresh air and new voices.

You could argue that the Poowong boy cane along a fair bit under him

On SM-F711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So unprofessional, the stuff I heard about him in the off season leads me to believe we are making a huge mistake

Heard something about Ratts over the weekend that I won't share here but if true probably a big reason as to why it all went to s**t in the last couple months before his sacking.

I agree with most of what you've said though. I think we will undoubtedly improve it's just a question of if that's enough to become a great club again or not.

Blimey it's RTB and Ratts now in the line of fire now.

Anything positive to report?

Blimey it's RTB and Ratts now in the line of fire now.

Anything positive to report?

No, but I heard it all too, but unfortunately can't say

friends telling GIF

No, but I heard it all too, but unfortunately can't say

friends telling GIF

Way too early doors to be having a go at RTB

The stuff about Ratten should be in the "Ratten Sacked" thread as its not relevant here. I will instruct the mods to move these posts to their correct threads. Then I will be enforcing the overly critical forum rules on any posts which I don't like.

Am I doing it right George?

I don’t need to see the review, it’ll just fuel the media agenda as well.

I’m more than comfortable with the decisions Andrew Bassat has made, the longer he’s at the club the more hope I have of strong commitment to doing what’s necessary.

If a billionaire with a strong commercial presence and background is being questioned, what hope does anyone have?

He’s brought in all the right people to assist Ross, it’s up to the staff and players to do their job now, the board gets a tick from me.

I don’t need to see the review, it’ll just fuel the media agenda as well.

I’m more than comfortable with the decisions Andrew Bassat has made, the longer he’s at the club the more hope I have of strong commitment to doing what’s necessary.

If a billionaire with a strong commercial presence and background is being questioned, what hope does anyone have?

He’s brought in all the right people to assist Ross, it’s up to the staff and players to do their job now, the board gets a tick from me.
I want to see it. I want to see what the club used to sack a coach 6 or whatever weeks after giving him at extension.

Why does Bassat all of a sudden have a rock solid reputation? He was on the board that hired Richo. He was on the board that extended Richo. He was involved in sacking Richo, hiring Ratten and extending Ratten.
I’ve been asking the question on him for a couple of years now and that won’t stop until he proves me wrong.

But maybe this time he’s got it right? His track record at the club isn’t good.

Why has nobody on the board stood down after years of bad decision making? Mistake after mistake and not one person is being held accountable, aside from Ratten - who was sacked after the club admitted they didn’t give him the support they should have.

I want to see it. I want to see what the club used to sack a coach 6 or whatever weeks after giving him at extension.

Why does Bassat all of a sudden have a rock solid reputation? He was on the board that hired Richo. He was on the board that extended Richo. He was involved in sacking Richo, hiring Ratten and extending Ratten.
I’ve been asking the question on him for a couple of years now and that won’t stop until he proves me wrong.

But maybe this time he’s got it right? His track record at the club isn’t good.

Why has nobody on the board stood down after years of bad decision making? Mistake after mistake and not one person is being held accountable, aside from Ratten - who was sacked after the club admitted they didn’t give him the support they should have.
In any organisation, if you don't give an employee the support they require to succeed, then of course you sack them.
That's pretty standard practice mate. I don't see why you have your knickers in a knot about it.

In any organisation, if you don't give an employee the support they require to succeed, then of course you sack them.
That's pretty standard practice mate. I don't see why you have your knickers in a knot about it.
I can understand wanting to see an explanation. I think the counter argument is whether a public explanation would be counter-productive.

Back