Which way for the pies?

Remove this Banner Ad

What place is ‘spot on’ genius? You really have no clue about maths f me 🤣. Can’t even ask a proper question

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You're the one who said 'the odds could be 100% spot on next year'. Not me.

I've calculated there is a 0.000153% chance that the odds you posted are 'spot on' come the end of the 2023 season.

A probable 6th or 7th place finish?

Where can I get better than even money about Collingwood NOT finishing 6th or 7th?

Um with anybody that provides the bet lol.

You're the one who said 'the odds could be 100% spot on next year'. Not me.

I've calculated there is a 0.000153% chance that the odds you posted are 'spot on' come the end of the 2023 season.

I’ll keep it simple so you can get it. Pies right now are considered the 6th strongest team in 2023. Hence a 6th place finish for them is the most likely option.

If you did a separate bet on each of collingwoods possible ladder positions from 1-18 you’ll find 6th would have the shortest odds from Sportsbet, this is done so you can’t arbitrage bets for guaranteed wins or better odds. Maybe other bookies have it differently but I’m giving you Sportsbet odds. I think they are all similar anyway.

So hard to predict what any team will do the following year. There is so much that goes into team performance, more than most people on BF give credit to. Such as the things clubs do to make people believe in themselves (I wish I knew what they were, but they exist). A team that looks average or thereabouts on paper but believes in their own abilities, believes in their teammates and believes in the plans set by their coaches can achieve above and beyond what the everyday BF pundit could possibly predict. This was Collingwood in 2022.

If we still have this belief, then we can improve because we have managed to improve our playing list overall IMO. Yes, Grundy is gone and Henry as well, but we have Cox & Cameron as a ruck combo, and they do well enough together, they are capable and competitive and that's all you need from a ruck. And, we have plenty of small to mid-range forwards to cover Henry's loss. I wanted to keep Henry as I think he has a lot of up-side, but s**t happens. Grundy did not play for most of 2022 and Henry did not play from Round 15 or something, so we have shown we can mix it with the best without them. We have added Tom Mitchell which will help our clearance issues, McStay should help out Mihocek in the KPF slots and maybe Frampton (who is 200cm) can hold a key defensive position to help out Moore. If this translates, then it improves the team. There are ifs here of course. It is probable though.

If Pendles, Sidey & Howe who are the oldies we rely on can maintain their level then we lose nothing there and we are just hoping that the young guys step up a gear to enable real improvement to occur which is the real big unknown. Also, can JDG finally realise his potential as a regular high-performer and become the next Dusty? He has the ability to, but it is up to him. I think there is more than enough positives here to suggest that we can hold our Top 4 position in 2023 and have another shot at the title.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back