World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group D - (France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not in their current state. Climare is pretty ordinary. Plus their team is atrocious. Even Qatar would thrash them.

Aus / NZ in June/July is perfect . 3 stadiums in NZ and 7 in Australia.
June July? I think October would be perfect and ideal to host in Australia and New Zealand

Not in their current state. Climare is pretty ordinary. Plus their team is atrocious. Even Qatar would thrash them.

Aus / NZ in June/July is perfect . 3 stadiums in NZ and 7 in Australia.
How likely would FIFA give it to a cross-confederation bid? Egypt/Greece/Saudi Arabia is a bizarre one.

How likely would FIFA give it to a cross-confederation bid? Egypt/Greece/Saudi Arabia is a bizarre one.

That one is a pipe dream. Qatar hosting this year rules out AFC nations for '26 & '30 so not sure why they are bidding.

Cross confederation wont be an issue. Coordination between the hosts is the main concern (not an issue for Aus/NZ).

Don't think it's right that climate could rule a country or region from hosting the world cup.

It's not ideal but it's something that's going to happen at most every couple of decades, so just a matter of sucking it up and accepting a tournament mid season.

Yes but there was a lot of complaints from Europe and US about time differences then

* them. It isn't the Euro's as much as the European countries would like it to be nor is it the American Cup. It is the World Cup and as such everyone every now and again has to suffer through s**t time differences.

Don't think it's right that climate could rule a country or region from hosting the world cup.

It's not ideal but it's something that's going to happen at most every couple of decades, so just a matter of sucking it up and accepting a tournament mid season.
Agree with this. It shouldn’t rule anywhere out. The leagues around the world could’ve made more effort to accommodate the World Cup in this slot but chose not to. Lots of issues with this World Cup but timings not one of them.

* them. It isn't the Euro's as much as the European countries would like it to be nor is it the American Cup. It is the World Cup and as such everyone every now and again has to suffer through s**t time differences.
4 of the last 5 WC's have been at perfect times for Europe. Qatar, Russia and RSA have time zones that are 3 hours ahead or less and then 2006 was held in Germany. Hell 1998 was France as well. Brazil is only 3 hours behind for 2014 as well. Europe have had it good (and that works for me now)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imo will be hard to see a cup hosted by two or more countries in different confederations so it will likely rule out any Australia and NZ combined bids. In saying that though, reckon one day the OFC will dissolve and will be incorporated into the AFC, possibly renamed too (AOFC? Asia-Oceania Football Confederation).

Antartica 2042 bid incoming.

2am is a brutal kick off time, especially during the week.

I want to get up, whether I do or not is another matter entirely.
have a newborn , you wont have an issue getting up

in 2006 we had a 6 months old, amazing how quick you can do a nappy change in half time after a feed in the first half

0600 here in The Phon.

Kickoff is 2200.

What time do the beers start though?.

Hmmmm.....might have a cone and ponder.....

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO AUSSIES!!!!! :D

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

*edit = just had my daily blessing from the monks here from the local temple. I asked for a good result tonight :D

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back