F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Continuing discussion from the other thread re: another team entering the fold.

Seems the current teams are all against it, and keep moving the goalposts for entry every time Andretti meet the conditions.

This comment stolen from a reddit thread sums it up:

Even though the original conditions of entry were in the Concorde agreement (that all the current teams signed) and the regulations allow up to 3 new teams to enter, suddenly 8 out of the 10 teams are against it? Bit of a joke really.
How funny that a competition appears to not want any competitors.

Fascinating. Wasn’t the side pod an issue in the porpoising?

I think Mercedes have always played it quite fine with the rake (relatively higher rear ride heights compared to the front ride heights of their rivals) and thus porpoising became an issue as they sought to eke out incremental performance gains to compensate for the reduced downforce from eliminating much of the sidepods.

I also think they are gambling on being able to make the concept a winner because their philosophy is its better to try something different and produce an unbeatable car than putter around in the tier below Red Bull.

Seems the current teams are all against it, and keep moving the goalposts for entry every time Andretti meet the conditions.

Even though the original conditions of entry were in the Concorde agreement (that all the current teams signed) and the regulations allow up to 3 new teams to enter, suddenly 8 out of the 10 teams are against it? Bit of a joke really.

More teams = more finger in the F1 pie = current teams taking measures to protect their interests

Wish we had the days of 24 cars again even if HRT, Manor and Virgin were utterly s**t.

Exactly what I said in the last thread, the teams won't allow it. They don't want to give up any of that sweet piece of pie.
Very frustrating

Alpine are the only one for it. Interesting since he's friends with Zac Brown. I'd be making redbull sell alpha tauri if they won't have more cars on the grid

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Interesting to see how badly Red Bull get hampered by their wind tunnel restrictions, particularly with the floor reg changes for 2023 which could make more of an impact than people realise (I still think the reg amendments in 2022 were bulls**t but anyways).

As an avid Alpine fan, keen to see them continue to improve and it looks like we've got a solid base.

Newey will probably just rough something up in his sketchbook and they'll go with that. And it will still work better than anyone else.

Exactly what I said in the last thread, the teams won't allow it. They don't want to give up any of that sweet piece of pie.
Very frustrating

Oh yeah understand that, which is what the $200 million entry fee was designed and agreed for, just frustrating that every time Andretti meets F1’s demands, they move the goalposts

Latest is now apparently $200 million isn’t enough and the teams want it to be $600-700 million instead

Such a joke considering that $200 million was the amount all the teams agreed to when they signed the Concorde agreement checks notes 2 years ago…..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah understand that, which is what the $200 million entry fee was designed and agreed for, just frustrating that every time Andretti meets F1’s demands, they move the goalposts

Latest is now apparently $200 million isn’t enough and the teams want it to be $600-700 million instead

Such a joke considering that $200 million was the amount all the teams agreed to when they signed the Concorde agreement checks notes 2 years ago…..
Incredible, an Andrew Benson article that doesn't mention Lewis Hamilton or opens with how Michael Masi "Incorrectly interpreted the rules" at Abu Dhabi 2021.

wonder if ferrari will manage to shoot themselves in the foot less this year. red bull, mercedes and themselves should all believe they can give us a title challenge
Finally worked out who Inaki Rueda reminded me of.

maxresdefault.jpg

(IYKYK...)

In that case, I'd be cheering on Hamilton before Russell.
I want Merc to be competitive but I’d love Hamilton to wipe Russell, they had a reasonably ‘professional’ relationship on camera last year but I think if they had a race winning car that would change pretty quickly. George has had his little taste of success beating Lewis and I don’t think he’d be able to handle getting his ass wiped now, Lewis whinging is just mind numbingly boring at this point but George having a meltdown would still be great quality content. These two are a ticking time bomb I reckon.

I want Merc to be competitive but I’d love Hamilton to wipe Russell, they had a reasonably ‘professional’ relationship on camera last year but I think if they had a race winning car that would change pretty quickly. George has had his little taste of success beating Lewis and I don’t think he’d be able to handle getting his ass wiped now, Lewis whinging is just mind numbingly boring at this point but George having a meltdown would still be great quality content. These two are a ticking time bomb I reckon.

There's always been a lot of talk about Alonso's perceived divisivness but there's also a Lewis Hamilton sized common denominator with all his teammates/on track rivals that aren't submissive Finns.

Now he's going to have to deal with all the extra crap that is needed to succeed in F1, which can't be taught in the lower formulas, like dealing with team politics/bias and driving against a number of drivers that are better than him.

I vaguely remember asking Skull Face how Piastri would go if he were racing against 20 other Piastris. I forgot his answer.

It'll be interesting to see how Webber guides him through that if needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back