Moved Thread Brad Ottens - is he remembered as a Tiger or Cat?

How is Brad Ottens remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ottens should be given more respect than he's been shown here. Easily in the running for 3rd best ruck behind big cox & sandy during that time but most importantly a big game player who as in valuable in our finals runs.

We've basically spent the entire time after his retirement to replace him as was his importance. And in some respects we still are.

Some pretty stiff competition there.

Whilst Cox and Sandy dominated All Australian selection during that time, through Ottens career you also had Matthew Primus (who won 2 AA's himself), Brendan Lade (likewise), Peter Everitt (likewise) and there were other AA's like Luke Darcy and Michael Gardiner as well as lesser names like Jeff White and Mark Jamar.

Then you also had Adam Goodes win AA and Brownlow as a ruck also.

(Ottens was also a good player who as you say was important in finals but he was never an AA ruck (once as a forward at Richmond) but admittedly, injuries restricted him at times).

Kinda, you guys have us covered for wooden spoons in the modern era. True greats!

We have you covered everywhere you name it.

Don’t remember Ottens as a tiger as he retired when I was 7 so Cats for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t ever forget Gareth Andrews either. :)
Funny, i was gonna bring him up, but, with school holidays and all, i doubt the Geelong school kids posting here would know their history too well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What better chance to teach them some things about the shameful history of their football club though? ;)
🤣. Shameful like their overall finals record against?

Kinda, you guys have us covered for wooden spoons in the modern era. True greats!
We got you covered for everything, Flags, memberships, crowd sizes, head to head finals record. So yeah minnow, we really do.

We got you covered for everything, Flags, memberships, crowd sizes, head to head finals record. So yeah minnow, we really do.
Whats the current win/lose ratio in finals of the current era again?

It was you who took offence to my original comment and posted the deflection.

You're welcome.
Where was the offence? I agreed with you. It was your follow up post which showed were the tears were. So, no, actually, you are welcome.

Well, credit where credit is due, they did outscore us in one finals series in 1995, right in the middle of our 30 year reset. One of 11 finals series in which they have met us. :tearsofjoy:
Requoted for truth. Amen brother. That’s the reality of it all.

Whats the current win/lose ratio in finals of the current era again?
Poor old Colin Carter, he’s desperate for those 1800’s VFA flags to count so they can try and sit with the actual big clubs. Talk about a chip on the shoulder.

Denial, not just a river in Egypt. You’re going well son, keep on going. This is fantastic.
Once you miss finals your era finishes.

Ask Hardwick for an apology.

Back