Gary Ablett Jnr - is he remembered as a Cat or Sun?

How is Gary Ablett Jnr remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What does Leigh Matthews agree with you in this thread?

And if you never heard of Dempsey or Parkin then you shouldn’t heard of Matthews as a player either.

Leigh Matthew’s words are not gospel or an argument ender. He is just another bloke with opinions. Just like Kevin Sheedy has his opinions.
The only one on that list I hadn't heard of was Croswell and I am 32.
Don't think many Bombers fans are too keen on Sheedy's opinions of late given his influence on the board.

What is it with these either / or qs? How about both / and?

He's a Cat, he should've won at least 3 Brownlows at Geelong and injury robbed him of another one at the Suns in 2014. i have no doubt he should be a 5-time winner. He won two flags as a Cat and that makes the difference.
Brent Macaffer ruined Ablett’s career. Would’ve won the 2014 Brownlow in a landslide and probably another later on.

Brent Macaffer ruined Ablett’s career. Would’ve won the 2014 Brownlow in a landslide and probably another later on.
Worse still… elevated Matt Priddis to Brownlow Medallist status. Denied two players (GAJ, Fyfe) becoming triple Brownlow Medallists in slightly different universes.

Worse still… elevated Matt Priddis to Brownlow Medallist status. Denied two players (GAJ, Fyfe) becoming triple Brownlow Medallists in slightly different universes.
I think Fyfe won that and they rigged it at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That each new gen of players/teams would beat the last, some people on here don’t want to accept that and have a problem with me when I point it out. Chris Scott also agreed with this point of view, I think I’m taking their words over people on here.

I have heard of older players like Matthews cause he is in GOAT contention. I also know the Tigers legends like Royce Hart, KB, Dyer etc.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree with teams that the now beating the past and the future beating the now. It’s like that in all sports.

As with who is the best player all time is impossible for anyone to say unless someone has seen everyone. It’s just opions.

In my case I would take KB, Keith Greg over Matthews. (I seen all three play).

The only one on that list I hadn't heard of was Croswell and I am 32.
Don't think many Bombers fans are too keen on Sheedy's opinions of late given his influence on the board.
and not many Tigers fans want him back.

Guess he’ll be remembered as Giant.

Best n fairest named after him will se his immortality.

I laughed at this at first but honestly I'll remember him as a Sun since I watched more footy while he was there and saw him personally tear North up more as a Sun.

Yes I agree Mitchell Lewis Hodge and Birchall Smith and Gunston all written off as Hawthorn players after their travels. 😂

They left Hawthorn in pursuit of the next phase of their life post football :). No harm in that, as they were not chasing money!
While some you don't want to see join your arch enemy straight after (Buddy and... Smith argh :p). no big deal.

They left Hawthorn in pursuit of the next phase of their life post football :). No harm in that, as they were not chasing money!
While some you don't want to see join your arch enemy straight after (Buddy and... Smith argh :p). no big deal.
Well they weren’t getting offered a contract that was good enough so I think they did chase the money…technically.

Dumb question, the real question is will Paul Chapman be remembered as a Cat or Essendon player
Wanganeen? Essendon to me and I blame this painful Bomber fan I grew up with. "Wanganeeeeen" or "Wangas"
He was almost at Falcon level.
jack nicholson shut up GIF

Wanganeen? Essendon to me and I blame this painful Bomber fan I grew up with. "Wanganeeeeen" or "Wangas"
He was almost at Falcon level.
jack nicholson shut up GIF
He was my favourite player as a kid, so bias in stride, either club could call him their own. He achieved similar levels of success at both clubs but played longer at PA and was Captain, and also being a native over there the pendulum probably swings that way.

That being said, each state would have a bias depending on who you asked.

Back