Moved Thread Brad Ottens - is he remembered as a Tiger or Cat?

How is Brad Ottens remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

True, I guess the tigers not making finals and finishing 9th several years in a row is looked on more fondly than Geelong making finals and grand finals durring their drought.
Just for the locals, can you produce me the years of the in a row claim? And yeah, everyone remembers 2nd place. Funny how Geelong supporters can bring up Richmond ladder positions over the years, yet, i can't recall an actual single year result for you guys in the 70's, 80's or 90's. But i do know Bombers first flag broke a 44 year draught. My stance is supported by facts. I will wait for you to produce yours. Over to you (but hey, apparently, you're in OUR heads.....)

Just for the locals, can you produce me the years of the in a row claim? And yeah, everyone remembers 2nd place. Funny how Geelong supporters can bring up Richmond ladder positions over the years, yet, i can't recall an actual single year result for you guys in the 70's, 80's or 90's. But i do know Bombers first flag broke a 44 year draught. My stance is supported by facts. I will wait for you to produce yours. Over to you (but hey, apparently, you're in OUR heads.....)
Not in a row but plenty of 9th finishes in your drought

Not in a row but plenty of 9th finishes in your drought

Ahhhhh, so not in a row now. But tell me, because i am interested in the number 9 now. Was Richmond finishing 9th anything like when Geelong finished 9th in the years 1982, 1983, 1986 and and 1988 in your 44 year draught. Gee wizz, talk about Geeninth in the 80's......you guys were worse than us in the 90's.

Season Summary

Ahhhhh, so not in a row now. But tell me, because i am interested in the number 9 now. Was Richmond finishing 9th anything like when Geelong finished 9th in the years 1982, 1983, 1986 and and 1988 in your 44 year draught. Gee wizz, talk about Geeninth in the 80's......
Missing my point entirely , at no time were you making finals let alone grand finals in your drought

hence why you lot lost your minds when you finished 9th and we’re microwaving memberships , spitting on your coach and dumping manure on the club’s doorstep

Missing my point entirely , at no time were you making finals let alone grand finals in your drought

hence why you lot lost your minds when you finished 9th and we’re microwaving memberships and dumping manure on the club’s doorstep
So, how is it Richmond is the second most successful club behind Hawthorn premiership wise in the last 50 years? And again, Geelongs 9th record in the 80's was worse than Richmonds in the 90's in your LONGER flagless draught. Do tell.

So, how is it Richmond is the second most successful club behind Hawthorn premiership wise in the last 50 years? And again, Geelongs 9th record in the 80's was worse than Richmonds in the 90's in your LONGER flagless draught. Do tell.
You’re really struggling to understand aren’t you? Even when I have spelt it out for you

Brad had a great career spanning two clubs and not only did he play 100 games for both Richmond and Geelong, he was coincidentally the 1000th player to pull on the jumper for each club. Source - AFL Tables.

How is Brad remembered by the football public?
Tiger or Cat?
As a Cat IMO.
While his best individual year was with the Tigers in 01 when he formed the media coined "Twin Towers" with Richo and made his only AA team, that was one season, and he had more success obviously at the Cats with the premierships, and not only that, it has the benefit of recency bias as a Cat, and was already known and established when he got there.

Looking at his career, he was a better forward as a Tiger, and a better ruck at Geelong.

I still probably think most neutral's remember him as a Cat, given how long ago he played for us.

You’re really struggling to understand aren’t you? Even when I have spelt it out for you
No, no, no, you're being proven incorrect factually with your own arguments. So, good ol Geeninth hey. Four 9th finishes in the 80's during your flagless run of 44 years. Tigers had 2 in the 90's during our run of 37 years.
I mean fancy supporting what, the second oldest team in the league for a measly 10 flag return. And you are the 9th kings. This couldn't get any funnier.

No, no, no, you're being proven incorrect factually with your own arguments. So, good ol Geeninth hey. Four 9th finishes in the 80's during your flagless run of 44 years. Tigers had 2 in the 90's during our run of 37 years.
I mean fancy supporting what, the second oldest team in the league for a measly 10 flag return. And you are the 9th kings. This couldn't get any funnier.
6 from 1994

3 in the 2000’s

So 6 >>>4 right?

Try to provide the facts before your rants with your own clubs history first

Last edited:
Funny, i was gonna bring him up, but, with school holidays and all, i doubt the Geelong school kids posting here would know their history too well.

Geelong has some of the best educational estalishments in the state whereas Kennett closed Richmond Tech and Andrews gave them their very own drug den.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He desperately wants to be remembered as a Tiger but sadly for him he is dead to us. He is gone but not remembered “forg” Ottens.

One astonishing thing he did somehow manage to achieve in his playing career though, that you would have thought to actually be impossible had he not achieved it….

Was actually picked in the AA team whilst playing for Richmond but never whilst playing for Geelong. o_O Would never happen these days, Geelong use certain AA selection as part of their recruitment pitch to players from other clubs.
Good thoughts. Said categorically he was staying then went . Rang the Bell for Geelong in a final against us .

6 from 1994

3 in the 2000’s

So 6 >>>4 right?

Try to provide the facts before your rants with your own clubs history first
4 in the 90’s, so that makes us equal with Geelong in the 80’s. Ok. Got it. Well done.
I’ll give you a better number 13>>>>10. Guess which one is Richmond, guess which won is Geelong. And it’s the only number that matters.

Geelong, foundation club.

Tigers, blow ins.

That will never, ever change, everything you listed can.
So, everything was going smoothly in your 2 team comp, then all these other blow ins like Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood etc blew in the comp. Ok, well thought out argument.

Geelong, foundation club.

Tigers, blow ins.

That will never, ever change, everything you listed can.

There you are Herne Hill Hammer, I’m still waiting to hear why Richmond were not worthy of being a foundation club according to you.

They gave the Cats an 11/12 year head start and still have won 3 more flags than them.

You must be 12 years old with your lack of comprehension skills and shifting the goal posts
Geelong, 4 9ths in the 80’s, Richmond 4 in the 90’s. It’s a draw. Our private parts are the same size it seens….oh, who am I kidding, I support a big 4 club. My appendage will never be minnow size.

There you are Herne Hill Hammer, I’m still waiting to hear why Richmond were not worthy of being a foundation club.

They gave the Cats an 11/12 year head start and still have won 3 more flags than them.
He’s probably a racist and still blames immgrants takin all der juuubs.

Geelong has some of the best educational estalishments in the state whereas Kennett closed Richmond Tech and Andrews gave them their very own drug den.
Yes, all Richmond supporters live in Richmond. I can see your higher education is paying off.

Yes, all Richmond supporters live in Richmond. I can see your higher education is paying off.
Do you need a higher education to include the 2000’s in your warped reality?

Maybe it can actually help you comprehend what my actual point was instead on focusing on the 9th finishes which you still don’t include all the data in your sad attempt to troll

Tbh I remember him as a human :)

But seriously, how many of these are you going to do? Lol.

Pretty unanimous regardless -

1673503987157.png

/endthread.

Back