Moved Thread Brad Ottens - is he remembered as a Tiger or Cat?

How is Brad Ottens remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Once you miss finals your era finishes.

Ask Hardwick for an apology.

Ok Jack The GodBotherer…..but weren’t you one of the clowns revelling in the so called 16 year Geelong dynasty? That includes 2015 - a year in which they missed the finals?

i-thought-so-kate-mckinnon.gif

I voted Richmond. Surprised I'm the only one so far!l

EDIT: The result is understandable, given the three premierships, but I just think yellow and black and when I think of Brad Ottens.
he did an interview on the Geelong website some time ago and when he opened the door he had a Richmond beanie on and he had pictures of him as a tiger on display (in addition to his geelong stuff). So i guess he self-identifies as both a tigers and cats player.:shrug:

Ok Jack The GodBotherer…..but weren’t you one of the clowns revelling in the so called 16 year Geelong dynasty? That includes 2015 - a year in which they missed the finals?

i-thought-so-kate-mckinnon.gif
No but nice try.

Once you miss finals your era finishes.

Ask Hardwick for an apology.
How do you explain Geelong never going back to back at all then? So by your own admission, Geelong never had an era? Fantastic stuff and analysis. Now you will try and correct re finals, but, you know, you raised that whole flag thing, sooooo, ok, Geelong never actually had an era. And will never be compared with teams like Brisbane, Hawthorn or Richmond. I can live with this. Keep going Simple Jack, smash that butterfly with the hammer.....

Carter isn’t the president anymore and hasn’t been since the end of 2020. That admittedly silly idea went with him.
He's still talking about it. Poor old fella.

Not sure if this is an incredibly subtle and very well positioned thread to once again start up the inevitable Geelong v Richmond comparison of premiership sides/era/dominance etc. but that's what its done.

In answer to the actual question Ottens will be remembered as a Cat.

He played a phenomenal season up forward circa about 2001 where I seem to recall he was AA and formed a pretty potent duo with Richo for awhile while he had more mobility. Once he put on more weight to play more ruck the fit in our forward line wasn't quite there combined with injuries starting to bite.

From memory he did not have a great period for the Tigers immediately prior to being traded to the Cats which was riddled with injury including falling off a ladder and getting impaled on a garden stake at one point.

When Wallace came on board and flagged a full rebuild he was supposedly a required player but the extent to which the club actually thought that versus getting in the extra two picks I'll never be sure. The media around the trade burned most of the good will when he left but was very much probably sacrificed.

Historically he will never be kindly considered by Tigers fans because ultimately the two first rounders we got for him went on absolute spuds (which is to be expected when the recruitment team at the time consisted of one part timer).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. Where was richmond during 2007-2011? Down the bottom of the ladder getting spanked :$
Must of been like that 44 year draught Geelong had when they didn't win a flag. Richmond never even had a stretch that long.

How do you explain Geelong never going back to back at all then? So by your own admission, Geelong never had an era? Fantastic stuff and analysis. Now you will try and correct re finals, but, you know, you raised that whole flag thing, sooooo, ok, Geelong never actually had an era. And will never be compared with teams like Brisbane, Hawthorn or Richmond. I can live with this. Keep going Simple Jack, smash that butterfly with the hammer.....
Talk about deflection. 🤦

Must of been like that 44 year draught Geelong had when they didn't win a flag. Richmond never even had a stretch that long.
True, I guess the tigers not making finals and finishing 9th several years in a row is looked on more fondly than Geelong making finals and grand finals durring their drought.

Back