MMA-UFC UFC 284 - Makhachev v Volkanovski

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously think Islam gets it done in 1 round. If Volk somehow won, I'd be slinging a rope so hard it'd knock the moon out of orbit.

So who is going? Looks like Prelims start pretty early Perth time. My lad wants to be there for bloody everything, so looks like an early arrival for me
Set the alarm. Looks like early prelims start at 7am Perth time... Prelims 9am. Main card 11am. Basically you're looking at a 10:30am frothy.

Get there early and have a good time. Events in Aus are few and far between.

He also does a stack of work with Craig Jones right? A 99kg current bjj world silver medallist should be good preparation for the pure grappling side of things
Certainly doesn't hurt, but Jones and Islam are worlds apart as grapplers. He brings some good size and strength along with his ability, but Jones is not known for his top game, and won't be able to replicate the kind of top pressure that Islam brings.

Then again, not sure who they'd be able to bring in that isn't already a part of Islam's team.

UFC 284: "Australian superstar Alex Volkanovski touches down in Perth ahead of biggest career fight"

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

UFC 284: "Australian superstar Alex Volkanovski touches down in Perth ahead of biggest career fight"

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
Uncharacteristically good info provided from PerthNow there.

So who is going? Looks like Prelims start pretty early Perth time. My lad wants to be there for bloody everything, so looks like an early arrival for me
Ill be there for the first fight then going the chilli peppers at optus after. Long day!

7am arrival, 7.05am tray of beers for breakfast 😂

Ill be there for the first fight then going the chilli peppers at optus after. Long day!

7am arrival, 7.05am tray of beers for breakfast 😂
Will be interesting to see how many people are in the stadium for the first fights.

Will be interesting to see how many people are in the stadium for the first fights.
Been to 3 and its usually pretty full still but time difference for perth meaning such an early start will put a few off. We're going over in a group of 8 and half have already said 7am isnt happening lol. Ill be there from start to finish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking a guess, Rob will fight someone on the Izzy Periera card or right around it to act as a backup.

Absolutely, maybe Costa which I think Rob wins handily. Would be interesting to see what Khamzat is doing around that time.

I think the MW division is pretty exciting at the moment, assuming Khamzat stays up there which I think he should, plus Bo Nickal will be presenting for a title shot as soon as next year I'd think.

Watching Countdown now and I must say Islam's broken English makes him sound even scarier ha ha. Geez I'm going to be a nervous wreck on Sunday!
Bit of Rocky vs Drago about this one with the giant stoic Russian. :thumbsu:

I'll be there, I was under the impression the early prelims will start even earlier though...! I'd be happy with a 7am start. I'll definitely aim to be there for the 1st fight.

Bit of Rocky vs Drago about this one with the giant stoic Russian. :thumbsu:

I'll be there, I was under the impression the early prelims will start even earlier though...! I'd be happy with a 7am start. I'll definitely aim to be there for the 1st fight.
Yeh, 7am as long as the coffee shop is open, but I also had a feeling it was earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back