Game Day Hawks v Pies official practice game - Thursday March 2 @ 5:10pm - UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Lmao he played 60+ games for Freo before being traded for a first round pick to Norf where he played another 118 games. How you could regard a guy who managed over 180 games as “failing” at his first two clubs is completely baffling. Markov isn’t worthy to lick the boots of a player like Brown.
At least give Markov a season and see what he can do before sinking the boots in.
He's a Collingwood player now.
All power to him.

Lmao he played 60+ games for Freo before being traded for a first round pick to Norf where he played another 118 games. How you could regard a guy who managed over 180 games as “failing” at his first two clubs is completely baffling. Markov isn’t worthy to lick the boots of a player like Brown.
Stop being disingenuous. The meltdowns on this board were legion when we announced we were getting him. Spud. Dud. Useless and fat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True mate. Every player deserves a go without the put downs.
Markov needs a chance so let's get behind him.
Fly is no idiot.
I only watched the last half and was not watching closely but the few moments of Markov I liked. The argument he has only played 50-60 games needs to be balanced with the fact those games were mainly at Richmond in their prime. Lots of good AFL players would not get in that backline.
I certainly think he fits our game style whether that be a best 22 or depth I think he is a good pick up.
I have friends who support Tigers who really rated him and dont think he was given the opportunity he probably deserved. This is his last chance and he is basically a free hit.
I almost vomitted a few years ago when Buckley wanted Sinclair from Saints and now look at him! The club has seen something they like and McCrae likes him so I would be reasonably positive.

I only watched the last half and was not watching closely but the few moments of Markov I liked. The argument he has only played 50-60 games needs to be balanced with the fact those games were mainly at Richmond in their prime. Lots of good AFL players would not get in that backline.
I certainly think he fits our game style whether that be a best 22 or depth I think he is a good pick up.
I have friends who support Tigers who really rated him and dont think he was given the opportunity he probably deserved. This is his last chance and he is basically a free hit.
I almost vomitted a few years ago when Buckley wanted Sinclair from Saints and now look at him! The club has seen something they like and McCrae likes him so I would be reasonably positive.
Thats fair but you can be realistic. He is borderline AFL. He got a.spot on the list after we passed over him when Dean got injured. In the same way expectations for ND are very high they are low for Markov.

Bit underwhelmed by Frampton, early days I know but seems very laconic and not overly strong in a contest.
Don’t like defenders with no urgency
Murphy was good again thou I thought
Hill also and McStay had moments

murphy is the only tall defender we have who defends first , he maybe slower than Moore, not as good a mark as Howe but he plays every contest on its merits, when he is behind, he spoils. he does the basics better than the more established players. He is a lock for mine

Has Ronnie blown his foofer valve yet with Adams playing forward? Just can’t kick goals that guy…

Famous last words from a practice match……

I’ll give you a hint. The Teams balance is way off…..TA forward is an inherent problem. If they don’t solve it he will be useless when he rotates through the mids.

I’m also getting concerned about how many talls and how many plodders we have.

There is an unbalanced look to us. They need to work it out and fast. The first 4 rounds are against top 8 teams for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s played 51 games in 7 years. That’s well and truly spud territory. It’s truly astonishing that you’re even attempting to compare him to Brown (the supposed dual failure), who managed more games in 2.5 years in the system than Markov has in his 7 year career.

I was hoping to see Ryan instead of him. He looked ok in the 2 previous trial matches and then gets leapfrogged

Thats fair but you can be realistic. He is borderline AFL. He got a.spot on the list after we passed over him when Dean got injured. In the same way expectations for ND are very high they are low for Markov.
If Fly likes him we should be positive. Nothing else

All I'm gonna say is a big LOL at tagging in a practice match. What losers.

but exposed us to all other sides, we don’t look anywhere near as good as when Naicos doesn’t have space to use his skills. I personally would have left him in the midfield to work through it, he is going to get this every game this year. Better get use to it

Very last bloke added and only added due to an injury. They wanted a depth option.
So what. Depth players often become best 22.
Fly doesn't get players he thinks are not up to it.

Haven't read the whole thread so not sure it's been mentioned but I watched some of the game and saw an interview at one of the breaks with Bolton who was asked about how Nick Daicos will manage the tag. He said they had plans for helping him get free but we won't reveal them in a practise match.

This indicates to me we haven't gone into these matches trying to win the game as much as blow out the cobwebs. Hawks are in a very different position that us and would have more motivation to prove themselves even in preseason. Remember when Carlton won the Wizard cup in the 2000's then went on to finish dead last? I would predict hawks will be in the bottom few teams come season end.

Not concerned with the game at all to be honest. I'm worried about Lipinski especially as it was an innocuous tackle that did it. Hoping he doesn't need surgery and won't miss too many games but if he does need to have another reconstruction at least it's early to get him back for the back end of the season. De Goey looks super fit so hope he doesn't get weeks but if he does we will manage. I'm a bit bullish as to our chances round one. We held our own against the cats last year and I think we are on the way up and with their list changed will not be getting better and if anything having to transition with some of their younger players. The reigning premier's usually start the year strong but they may end up having a bit of a hangover season IMO

So what. Depth players often become best 22.
Fly doesn't get players he thinks are not up to it.

I think they wanted to add another line breaker and he was the best available. I think he looke ok - he'll probably get some games - hope he does well if the chance does arrive.

I think they wanted to add another line breaker and he was the best available. I think he looke ok - he'll probably get some games - hope he does well if the chance does arrive.
Many Tigers supporters love him.
Only positive things to say.
I say give him a chance before laying judgement.
I never criticise our own. He could prove to be a master stroke.
Fast with a big leap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back