Game Day Hawks v Pies official practice game - Thursday March 2 @ 5:10pm - UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Markov is already in the top 30% of AFL/VFL players for the number of games he has played so he is no spud either.
He’s played 51 games in 7 years. That’s well and truly spud territory. It’s truly astonishing that you’re even attempting to compare him to Brown (the supposed dual failure), who managed more games in 2.5 years in the system than Markov has in his 7 year career.

Size (or lack of it) had no negative impact on us last year. In fact we bullied Geelong for long periods of play the two times we played them last year and they were rattled.

Would argue it was our manic attack and pressure that allowed us to break them open not contested bullying as such.

Hawks showed many teams are going to bring a similar gamestyle we employed we will need that contested side to improve so we don't go backwards imo.

Leigh Brown failed at two clubs before being an important cog in our premiership team.
No 5 draft pick. Played 21 games in his 1st season and never played less than 21 in the next 7 seasons. He had one down season at NM with 9 games then played 23, 19, 23 in 3 seasons at the Pies. He was essentially the same player at Collingwood the he was in the first 8 seasons but got team success at a big club. 246 games. He never failed was never a star

Markov is backup. 51 games in 6 years. He is fringe AFL level. Handy if we get injuries.

From the non usuals in terms of younger players….Reef showed why they like him as a forward target …he’s actually quite good overhead in the air and on the lead.
That mark coming from three deep in the last on D50, dare I say it had a bit of the Ollie Henry’s about it.
I think he can add some potency inside 50 as he is an awkward match up for opposition with his size as he’s not just an overhead player, he’s a ground level player who is tall overhead.
Fingers crossed he can have an improved season where he makes his mark even if he is in and out of the side.
He certainly has potential. His biggest weakness at the moment is decision making with ball in hand. Too slow and at times poor.

He is young so hopefully improve with experience and confidence.

No 5 draft pick. Played 21 games in his 1st season and never played less than 21 in the next 7 seasons. He had one down season at NM with 9 games then played 23, 19, 23 in 3 seasons at the Pies. He was essentially the same player at Collingwood the he was in the first 8 seasons but got team success at a big club. 246 games. He never failed was never a star

Markov is backup. 51 games in 6 years. He is fringe AFL level. Handy if we get injuries.
Yes a 246 game AFL failure. Probably puts him in the top 10% of players to ever play the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh was reasonable.

Nick was OK given tag on him. Will be a learning curve.
I just found it funny that they chose to tag Nick while Jordy ran riot tbh. Also, who tags in a practice match 😂

Some thoughts after watching replay….

Scodog10 - I’m def in the camp that Adams/Mitchell 50/50 fwd gives us a better look than gini. It’s how we will set up going into the first few rounds and I thought Adams was dangerous.

Defensively we were horrendous at stopping the easy out. All down to work rate. Not sure this is fixed by “practice match work rate”….my major issue.

Stoppage…again plenty of first hand fumbles….reduce this and our losses are mitigated.

Can’t play JDG and Naicos in middle together as both as one and done….

Apart from that; liked what I saw from a lot of it.
Score irrelevant. Umps have some work to do on basic calls. Counted 4 goals that were really at the scale of wtf?!?

Glad naicos was tagged…he needs to learn from what opp will do and our coaches need to learn about how to break it….probably the single biggest lesson (and stupidity from opp) f on tonight.

Hill was great…but I’m sure Gini will walk back i to his spot in round 3 😂😂

Some thoughts after watching replay….

Scodog10 - I’m def in the camp that Adams/Mitchell 50/50 fwd gives us a better look than gini. It’s how we will set up going into the first few rounds and I thought Adams was dangerous.

Defensively we were horrendous at stopping the easy out. All down to work rate. Not sure this is fixed by “practice match work rate”….my major issue.

Stoppage…again plenty of first hand fumbles….reduce this and our losses are mitigated.

Can’t play JDG and Naicos in middle together as both as one and done….

Apart from that; liked what I saw from a lot of it.
Score irrelevant. Umps have some work to do on basic calls. Counted 4 goals that were really at the scale of wtf?!?

Glad naicos was tagged…he needs to learn from what opp will do and our coaches need to learn about how to break it….probably the single biggest lesson (and stupidity from opp) f on tonight.

Hill was great…but I’m sure Gini will walk back i to his spot in round 3 😂😂

I think we miss Ginni, Adams can rotate off the bench and be fresh legs.

Last edited:
I just found it funny that they chose to tag Nick while Jordy ran riot tbh. Also, who tags in a practice match 😂
It’s a window into Clarko’s deranged mind. Will end up being sacked by North within three years.

He’s played 51 games in 7 years. That’s well and truly spud territory. It’s truly astonishing that you’re even attempting to compare him to Brown (the supposed dual failure), who managed more games in 2.5 years in the system than Markov has in his 7 year career.
He ain’t anywhere near our best side on this display.
Can give him a pass on gamestyle…..but that stupid loopy kick out to the wing lost me.

Much prefer…..really anyone else…over this. Big miss from the coaching team to thinks he’s anywhere near our team atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back