Autopsy 2023 Round 1 DRAW. Ugly Blues still can't close out games

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That period of play where we were jogging around the full back line trying to look cool making simple errors and putting ourselves under pressure was pure embarrassment.

Whatever we worked on in preseason has just made our late game mental issues worse not better.

We need a team of psychologists- or maybe an exorcist at this point but the mental toughness needed to be a good team is just miles off.

You guys who are potting LOB for that last Blues play (when Harry slipped after the ball was kicked perfectly to him) are absolutely out of your goddamn minds. Time to go through the match thread and this one on an ignore spree and preemptively improve my 2023 BF experience
Opted to kick to a contest instead of an open man. Dumb footballer.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

LOB is still bad. Had McKay open on his own at the end and waited too long and missed the open target and kicked to a contest instead. Dumb footballer.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
He kicked it perfectly to the Carlton player who was as good as equidistant from two Richmond players. Unless you were there, or are sitting in the bunker with their ballyhooed "additional angles" you've got no clue what he was presented with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 8 spots are way too competitive to throw away a game like that. Teams around us like Freo, Dogs and Port will take advantage of that now.

I never want to see owies play another game. I'm sure he's a nice guy. Absolutely useless on the footy field. I don't hold it against him. He tries. He's just not an afl quality small forward. I don't care that durdin was out.. play another mid or do something random like play plow defensive forward. Literally almost anything else would be better

This.

His handball to Gov was under 11s stuff. He made two errors that cost us momentum and territory.

Hope Durds is fit next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

some real weird performances tonight. a lot of ying yangs

personally thought Saad was awful, Gov had some great moments and some stinkers, Acres has a lot of improvement in him.
jack martin, sheesh

It's like there is a competition going on here to see who can make the biggest over reaction.

In the pre game thread there were so many going on about how good the tigers were. They were $1.60 favorites. We should have won but we didn't lose.

No one tonight is the worst player in the league. Surely everyone knows that we'll get better than tonight.

P.S. BOLTON IS THE BIGGEST DUCKER IN THE LEAGUE.

That period of play where we were jogging around the full back line trying to look cool making simple errors and putting ourselves under pressure was pure embarrassment.

Whatever we worked on in preseason has just made our late game mental issues worse not better.

We need a team of psychologists- or maybe an exorcist at this point but the mental toughness needed to be a good team is just miles off.
We meltdown under pressure.

Back