Autopsy 2023 Round 1 DRAW. Ugly Blues still can't close out games

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably. I was bummed on the Thursday evening like everyone else, but then I started thinking about the fingertip that Newman got on Lynch's goal out of the ruck, and that fantastic piece of goal-keeping by Young to deny Lynch a goal off the ground, after the ball had carried the pair of them, and Young was on a hiding to nothing going back towards the goal line. Desperate acts that ended up saving us from defeat.
What about them knocking our shot through for a rushed behind after the half time siren?

Expecting McGovern to kill the ball. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen all our guys go up and then have no one at the fall. It’s easy to see why our players don’t trust each other and second guess, with efforts like that from McGov. Even Weitering sat back and watched. Really poor from all, not just one.

Nah, Weiters was a victim of Taranto running interference for Lynch. Smart play by Timmy. He didn't block, per se, didn't instigate contact, he just passed through the space between Weiters and Lynch as Lynch started his run, and it left Weiters unable to make up the ground.

Probably a good piece of vision to show our forwards and mids. Something we're historically poor at, guys are going for the ball or watching their teammates go for the ball, very little in the way of subtle support.

Nah, Weiters was a victim of Taranto running interference for Lynch. Smart play by Timmy. He didn't block, per se, didn't instigate contact, he just passed through the space between Weiters and Lynch as Lynch started his run, and it left Weiters unable to make up the ground.

Probably a good piece of vision to show our forwards and mids. Something we're historically poor at, guys are going for the ball or watching their teammates go for the ball, very little in the way of subtle support.
No accident H won the Coleman when Eddie was still playing. Was a genius at it

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah Motlop really should’ve gone back and started a chip-around. I also don’t necessarily have an issue with what LOB did - in terms of taking on Rioli. He had fresh legs and it showed, he burned him and I think that was smart, as the sub. Just think that the execution was wrong. Needed to kick it to McKay far earlier.

Here’s the vision at LOB’s second-last bounce:
View attachment 1635177

And at his last bounce:
View attachment 1635178

Just needed to kick it sooner and we potentially ice the game. Ah well, it’s done now, hopefully we learn. But I would like to see them making the right choices by now, rather than making the same mistakes over and over.
Problem is, Harry's running away from him. He's a fair leg on him, but kicking a 75m bullet pass is probably a bit beyond him.

Spot on.

LOB punched the kick in harder than people realise, not necessarily a bad thing, but it needed to be pinpoint if your going to, and it wasn't.

The footage, I believe, is on the previous page. Harry slipped over, and the kick still ******* hit him. The dictionary definition for 'pinpoint' is linked, and if that kick could've been any more precise I do not know how.

One would think a poster with the words 'lace out' in their moniker would hit their target, but alas.

The footage, I believe, is on the previous page. Harry slipped over, and the kick still ******* hit him. The dictionary definition for 'pinpoint' is linked, and if that kick could've been any more precise I do not know how.

One would think a poster with the words 'lace out' in their moniker would hit their target, but alas.
Exactly. Harry slipped, he was on his knees and the ball touched and went through his fingers. On his feet, the ball was an easy chest mark.

This is incorrect.

If LOB had straightened up and kicked to H after a couple of bounces Harry would have marked uncontested within scoring range and been able to take 30sec off the clock.

Instead he holds on to the footy and makes H sprint an extra 30-40m after playing 120 mins of footy.

It's no wonder he fell over, he would have been absolutely stuffed after sprinting half the length of the field to provide an option for LOB.
FWIW, on Fox Footy last night Eddie Betts thought LOB should have kicked the ball earlier as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 days later and still on about LOB & Harry FFS

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

Back