Autopsy 2023 Round 1 DRAW. Ugly Blues still can't close out games

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

willy wonka and the chocolate factory tantrum GIF

I think that was on Harry , he slipped, it happens, of course he could of taken another option but gee still harsh
The comms at the ground claim H was open earlier. Hit that target and it’s over. Reverse the ball through Motlop and it’s over. Acres takes the mark and we get another life. LOB looked like a junior with a bag of lollies.

Are you joking? He still hit Harry after the tool fell over at a crucial moment.

His fumble caused the defenders to close and Harry had to move around to maintain narrowing space.

Buckley is right.

We should have lost by four goals and didn't.

Defence was great.

Attack and midfield, not so much.

Sums it up. Thought our defence was elite tonight. Midfielders let them down. 66 i50s conceded is absolutely appalling. Bottom-4 stuff. Without our defence, that was a 5+ goal loss.

Cripps didn't turn up until the last quarter. Not great at all.

Saad and McGovern were terrible tonight.
I mean, you’re allowed to form your own opinion but Cripps was enormous in the last and had good moments in every quarter except the 3rd.

Saad was good, he got caught once but went at 94% DE with 430MG.. not ‘terrible’ by any measure.

Gov had 9 intercept possessions, 542MG. I daresay the end result has played into your estimations. Yes, Gov dropped a mark late but he was far from terrible.

So explain to us all what our game plan is then...

Short kicks and medium speed ball movement to our twin towers.

Richmond shut it down after quarter time save for a couple of minutes in the third and we had no answer on stopping them playing their preferred style

Melts are too much.

1. We were horrible so was Richmond lucky to get 2 points.
2. It’s one game of 23 the world doesn’t end. It doesn’t mean finals isn’t going to happen or whatever other melts
3. Yep looked bad, but it was 1 game that overall was of poor quality. Let’s see if there is a pattern in 3 weeks of that before we give up on the world.

Also H fell over, LOB still hit him. Let’s not pot the kid and players, you could pick any player in the match and say they had a moment they could have done better and won the match (Carlton or Richmond)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coach. Sign. Shut it down.

LOB: Lololololol let's go for a huge run and turnover.

They should burn that sign straight away. When we made the decision to stop playing we lost the game. So many chances to slingshot forward and we refused to go forward ended up in a turnover in our back half anyway.

Yet you think LOB hitting Harry in the forward pocket was our problem?

Martin is rubbish.
Plays a great quarter every 6 weeks. Problem is he plays 5-6 games s a year so we are seduced by his potential. 800k for a quarter of footy. Gee thanks man.

It’s funny how few of us are mentioning Fish. He didn’t touch the ball in the second half. Not once.

At least Martin bodied the ball a couple of times. Fish vanished off the face of the Earth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Both awful.
So easy for Richmond to rebound all night, no idea what our medium/small forwards were doing.

Back