• Tylar Young

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 16 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I want the old Ross back , built like a tank
Not the built like a dweeb 2023 version.
nah, i prefer the slimmer version probably 21/22/23/24th player picked but as sure as night follows day he is there for excellent cover for injury/suspension/resting of cotch, hopper, vlastuin, graham, taranto, pickett, prestia and co.

“I think Hopper, Dustin and Short will all play next week,” Hardwick said.

Rfc website....

Yep, they asked Dimma in the post game presser and that’s when he said he expects them all back.

I wasn’t overly disappointed with the Pies game given our outs and their current form. I won’t be shattered if we lose if it’s a quality game this week … but i will be very disappointed if we don’t play really well given we will be as close to full strength as you can probably expect to be all season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wanted JVR at Richmond months out from the draft and couldnt believe we passed on him at the time
Hope Brown does well and becomes a gun player and the recruiters get proven correct

But JVR at Richmond post Jack would have been good.

But lets all hope Bauer , Ryan & Bradtke are success and we dont need JVR

At the moment Jack Ross is just a ‘nothing’ player. He got decent stats on the weekend and kicked a nice goal, albeit if the game was alive I’d have rated it higher.

But for whatever reason, nothing seems to happen when he gets the ball. And if he ever does try to make something happen he seems to turn it over for an oppo goal.

I think he’s got a future and I think he will be a decent enough player as he continues to develop and gain confidence. But right now he feels like our version of Seb Ross … he’s just there on the field… just vanilla in everything they do.

I wanted JVR at Richmond months out from the draft and couldnt believe we passed on him at the time
Hope Brown does well and becomes a gun player and the recruiters get proven correct

Shame that Brown broke his wrist late in the pre season
Looked really good in that practice game he played and probably would of been in the side currently especially with Broads suspension

Here’s hoping he has continued to keep fit as his wrist heals and picks up where he left off

He was pick-19. So most other clubs overlooked him also, so I’m not overly critical of the club on this pick. KPP are very very hit and miss - Griffiths was 19. CCJ around 20. And looking back at phantom drafts leading into 2021, despite kicking goals late in the underage season, it reports that many clubs saw him as a future KPD, not forward - given we picked up Gibcus maybe we were the same and thought his future was down back?

We did get a very promising KPF/Ruck in Ryan at around 40, so every other club overlooked him twice…. so I’m very happy with our key position stocks overall given our lack of quality draft picks.

Our drafting would be the envy of almost every other club - a finals team for the best part of a decade and a recent dynasty, yet still we have a list with plenty of quality 26yo’s and younger.

Yes - had the luxury to forego an All Australian Player in Stengle !

nah, i prefer the slimmer version probably 21/22/23/24th player picked but as sure as night follows day he is there for excellent cover for injury/suspension/resting of cotch, hopper, vlastuin, graham, taranto, pickett, prestia and co.
When you look at his stats and allow for limited game time he has already passed Cotchin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grimes Young Vlastuin
Baker Balta Rioli
Mcintosh Bolton Pickett
MRJ Lynch Graham
Ryan Cumbo Clarke

Nankervis Martin Taranto

Prestia Hopper, Sonsie, Cotchin

Outs: Ross, Riewoldt, Mansell, Ralphsmith

Need some speed and quality ball use in the middle. Bolton, Martin and Sonsie all in alongside, hopper and prestia. Struggle to fit cotch in the middle.

Grimes Young Vlastuin
Baker Balta Rioli
Mcintosh Bolton Pickett
MRJ Lynch Graham
Ryan Cumbo Clarke

Nankervis Martin Taranto

Prestia Hopper, Sonsie, Cotchin

Outs: Ross, Riewoldt, Mansell, Ralphsmith

Need some speed and quality ball use in the middle. Bolton, Martin and Sonsie all in alongside, hopper and prestia. Struggle to fit cotch in the middle.

Why have the 4 mids on the bench then? Surely you would only need one of Hopper, Prestia, Cotch if that's our starting 18 and you want to go faster?

All the changes won't matter to last weeks side, reality we can't beat a top side if Prestia, Taranto and Lynch play as badly as they all did. People want to move all the fringe players around, but if your best players are all terrible on the night, then its not going to make much of a difference.

We have a very good run of games coming up after Melbourne all the way to the bye. Bulldogs is simply a must win, Sydney would be huge for us to beat and looks 50/50.

Who knows, if we took JVR maybe Melbourne takes Sonsie or begins a domino effect that he goes somewhere else before our pick.

Why have the 4 mids on the bench then? Surely you would only need one of Hopper, Prestia, Cotch if that's our starting 18 and you want to go faster?

All the changes won't matter to last weeks side, reality we can't beat a top side if Prestia, Taranto and Lynch play as badly as they all did. People want to move all the fringe players around, but if your best players are all terrible on the night, then its not going to make much of a difference.

We have a very good run of games coming up after Melbourne all the way to the bye. Bulldogs is simply a must win, Sydney would be huge for us to beat and looks 50/50.
Won't need much luck to beat us

Back