Autopsy Freo outclassed by the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

• Taberner
  • Henry
  • Hughes

All three can hand in their jumpers as far as I'm concerned and head back to Perth tonight, don't bother coming to training either. All three continue with insipid performances and get selected every week. Disgrace to the jumper, disgrace to the badge, disgrace to the fans.
Lol. Taberner's been our only tall forward capable of getting more than one mark a game. Hughes is limited but has been ok.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Honestly ...

We didn't deserve to lose by 45 but I don't see how we turn this around.

If the forward line doesn't get it exactly how we want it we have nothing. That's the problem with our team - a massive lack of forward talent. We have to play perfect football to eek out goals which only happens when there's no pressure.

Honestly reckon if we swap forward lines with Adelaide for that game we see the exact same result.

Had to take last weeks win over a very ordinary side that was crippled with injuries with a pinch of salt. It was a training ground scratchie whose form line hasn't held up as was shown today. Dead fish!

Good
Clearance work: Darcy and Serong had their best game's this year and even O'Meara was reading it early. Adelaide adjusted as the game went on and evened it up.
Clark, Hughes, Cox were okay and stuck it out

Bad
Play from kick-ins: One of many examples of our slow as molasses style, we gave them 100m of free territory every time we kicked a behind. Conversely when the Crows kicked a point we slow it down, provide no overlap and then just kick and hope for a 50/50.

Very Ugly
He usually has 1-2 stinkers a season but that's the worst game I've seen Pearce play. Cost us at least 5 goals on his own. Hopefully that's out of the system, but captaincy seems to be weighing on him.
Ditto for Henry, dude looks mentally gone. Overthinks everything and chooses the wrong option 90% of the time. Just a sorry sight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels like that was a meek performance. I can kind of see how we were out-bustled by Saints and North, but Adelaide just did as they pleased.

Oh well.

This is the way.

p.s. Don't tell anyone, but I'm as jealous as hell of the Crows forwards. They'll fly past a lot of average teams this year.

The forwardline and midfield connection is fundamentally broken. I can’t see whose fault it is but it’s insane we have so many clear breaks and nothing comes of it
I would love to know what assessment opposition teams make of our forward line when scouting us. Do they just look at each other in astonishment, dumbfounded by how collectively clueless we are in the arts of making space, leading, getting to dangerous spots, etc?

Team selection is rubbish. Throwing away conventional football wisdom to try to be too cute and focusing on defense at the expense of actually winning the ball and kicking goals.

Plan is rubbish. Playing too slow, not going direct. Forward line set up atrocious with no one leading at the ball half the time. Pressed up way too high.

List management is rubbish. Not going to go on about that here but you all know what I'm talking about. How many naturally good forwards do we have?

Just generally rubbish. Coach, players with a few exceptions all playing like they are on heroin.

How can you throw that out against Hughes today?

I came in to give him a shout out before he inevitably got lined up for the boot as per usual. But I was hoping on today even the haters would leave him for a week.
He was better than ok today but in reality to be a better side we need to move on from him.

Might just be the whole phone seeing as we don't even have membership cards anymore.

JaggedWaterloggedHoneycreeper-max-1mb.gif

Not going to get distracted by the defence playing like a bunch of Auskickers, they've got credit in the bank and it's the one part of our game that's held up consistently under Longmuir. Adelaide are quality going forward too.

The bigger is we were again beaten up around the ball. Adding insult to injury, despite our midfield struggling we still got it inside 50 as many times as Adelaide and yet could barely manage 10 goals. It's the same fundamental flaws that keep appearing and yet there seems to be no desire to change anything. I appreciate we are light on forward quality but I'm convinced that if the players at least stopped all flying for the same ball/getting in each others way/started leading to create space, we'd be more threatening even with a makeshift front 6.

If we're a better offensive side we probably still don't win today because of the aforementioned Auskicker defending syndrome but still...the game wouldn't have been over at half time. It's easier to pile on the goals when you know that the opposition can barely throw a punch back at you.

The team is devoid of confidence and look utterly confused at times. There's very little leadership and even the Captain's spot in the side is shaky. Our coaches have seemingly done little to fix the primary issue with the side that hamstrung us at times last year while the rest of the competition have caught on how to nullify plan A.

kid goth GIF by South Park

I need a beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back