How long does Adam Simpsons have left?

Remove this Banner Ad

I genuinely think they’d be better off getting 3 top 10 picks instead of just 1. Their list is devoid of talent.
3 picks in the 1st round would be nice.

Or even a couple of 1st and a 2nd would be good.

Harley Reid seems to be good. But if he does a JHF and bails out after one season, that wouldn't be good. The eagles would still get at least a couple of 1st rounders though

That's a good point but would need the whole club to get behind a rebuild and accept it's a five year plan.
All you got to do is look at the other WA club that had a 5 year rebuild.

Yep I am talking about the Fremantle Dockers 2016-21 rebuild.

The only difference was... Yes dockers copped crap for being 0-10 and 4-18 and smacked with injury in that 2016 season...

But dockers did some ok drafting and trading in 2016.

I didn't mind that dockers finished 14th with 8 wins and 14 losses in 2017 and 2018.

At least the dockers were offering hope and were competitive since that horror 2016 season.

Was the dockers 2016-21 rebuild flawed? Of course it was. But they got there In the end.

Eagles have got some good picks. But if I was them, I would try and trade in some WA talent aged 22-24. Don't even care if they are C graders. At least they will work hard and won't be injured.

Getting 5 or 6 kids in the draft is obvious too

As an aside, I think the first priority is turning over their whole list management and recruiting focus.

They’ve picked a lot of crap between Oscar Allan and now…

All you got to do is look at the other WA club that had a 5 year rebuild.

Yep I am talking about the Fremantle Dockers 2016-21 rebuild.

The only difference was... Yes dockers copped crap for being 0-10 and 4-18 and smacked with injury in that 2016 season...

But dockers did some ok drafting and trading in 2016.

I didn't mind that dockers finished 14th with 8 wins and 14 losses in 2017 and 2018.

At least the dockers were offering hope and were competitive since that horror 2016 season.

Was the dockers 2016-21 rebuild flawed? Of course it was. But they got there In the end.

Eagles have got some good picks. But if I was them, I would try and trade in some WA talent aged 22-24. Don't even care if they are C graders. At least they will work hard and won't be injured.

Getting 5 or 6 kids in the draft is obvious too
Need to build up the entire squad with a range of players and ages
It's a bloody mess.

Need to build up the entire squad with a range of players and ages
It's a bloody mess.
They could....

But they need a plan and stick with it.

Nailing this draft 1st off will help. Drafting 5-6 blokes aged 18-21 will help. 5 years down the track they will be 23-26 year Olds.

Depending on their drafting and trading. Again they can do both, draft 5 or 6 kids and trade in 2 or 3 players.

They should use a late pick on a mature ager 22-25 year old too.

I don't endorse tanking.

I know for a fact eagles fans have pride. They don't want the spoon or pick 1

West coast eagles fans would rather get 5-7 wins and finish 16th than get 0-2 wins and finish last.

He was "out there" before he got the Collingwood job

Plenty of assistants out there. Just need to get the right one
Nah, I’d back a premiership coach over an untried assistant any day of the week. Anyone with half a brain would do the same…

Good thing the Eagles Board are smart; they will bounce back pretty quick.

Nah, I’d back a premiership coach over an untried assistant any day of the week. Anyone with half a brain would do the same…

Good thing the Eagles Board are smart; they will bounce back pretty quick.
Except your own club just backed Mitchell (untried) over Clarko (4 flags)..

Has your own club not got half a brain?

So you would also rather have Mick Malthouse than Craig MacRae?

You are talking absolute s**t obviously.

There is also the issue that Simpson could be entirely burnt out which appears to be the case
He's now just holding them to ransom for $$$ .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely think they’d be better off getting 3 top 10 picks instead of just 1. Their list is devoid of talent.
Plus he is a flight risk after 2 years
McGovern and Kelly both in the top 5 paid players in the comp.

Injuries should not be allowed to excuse so many poor management decisions.
McGovern has done nothing since 2018. Club needs him gone asap.

With the Eagles list being as bad as what it is, taking Reid at this point is almost negligent.

Trade that pick and get 3 first rounders, boost the overall talent level on the payroll
Came here to say the same thing. They've got to trade pick 1. It would be irresponsible not to!

I wonder if they should go after Don Pyke. Not sure giving an untried coach a rabble of a list like this is a good idea, but neither is keeping Simmo after the weekend.
100%, they would want someone experienced to go over the full list. Keeping Simmo on surely would not be good for his mental health.

Like the AFL imposed soft cap wasnt the cause and other teams did things similar.

So everyery team was forced to bank that money. Not just one team.
Surely they just pay the tax. It will barely put a dent in the bank account. Doing nothing will hurt revenue in the future more than an upfront payment.

Seems like the culture and mindset is based on the fact that the club is flush with cash and its time to cash in.

Gaff, Shuey, NicNat, McGovern and Simpson all have this attitude.
It's been a non-stop party since that kick from Sheed floated through. They're all high as kites on themselves. "Eagles fans owe us" they're thinking.

Surely they just pay the tax. It will barely put a dent in the bank account. Doing nothing will hurt revenue in the future more than an upfront payment.

50% tax.

Well they didn't and neither did any other club.

I can see the Eagles paying it in 2024 though. Investing in better SC people to get to the bottom of this ridiculous injury run.

And paying out Simo's contract. Which really should be exempt from a soft cap tax. Teams aren't gaining a massive advantage sacking under performing coaches under contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back