How long does Adam Simpsons have left?

Remove this Banner Ad

They'll probably give Simmo through next year to see if (with a vaguely healthy list) can try to turn things around. Going with a game style that isn't stuck in 2018 might help things
Yeah, just wait until everyone is back from injuries, that strategy has been working well for the past few years.

They have waited far too long already.

Happy with simmo staying. You have to laugh though. Gary Lyon and Jon Ralph squealing on the couch this evening declaring WC an arrogant club cause simmo was gone earlier in the year and now he is staying. WTF ? As if they knew what the club has been thinking all the way through this saga. Even Eddie’s hotline to the WC board was faulty.

The right decision
Chris Scott was afforded 11 years between premierships, its only fair Adam gets the same time frame

Think most Eagles fans will be okay with this news as long as Treveor Nisbitt is moved on.

Not even really. Sure, Trev going wouldn't be awful but really I'm glad the club showed a spine in the face of continual reporting of what we as a club need to do.

For a club of our size and supposed power, there is rarely an overt show of it being flexed.

If we're going to beach the soft cap, hire more development coaches and fitness staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what will happen if the Eagles are 0-11 mid-season next year, on the bottom of the ladder and mostly uncompetitive with one terrible hiding after another?

I hope Damian Barratt reads this forum.

You've been talking s**t all year about Adam Simpson, right up to your (Possibly the worst) Sliding Doors segment about how he's gone for a certainty. Well again you've got no idea.

Good decision; well done Eagles.

Would have been a disgrace sacking him after the season without the opportunity to say goodbye to the fans.
He's a brilliant coach. Hasn't been able to get the most out of a young and inexperienced side. Doesn't help having a heap of players at the end of their career after winning a premiership.

I rate Simpson big time.

Sensible decision given the injury circumstances and the obvious support of the playing group. Long rebuild but they are a power club.

New coach arriving at ground zero would be on a hiding to nothing.

So pleased Vicmedia got yet another black eye. Just continually talk and write opinion as if it's fact and so often get it very wrong but never a retraction or apology. They all feed off each other and peddle each others rumours as if they are facts.

If Simpson was not contracted it might have been a different decision. But in any case, time will tell if it is the right decision to retain him.

Eagles aren't run by mugs, aside from the payout issue, West Coast know they are in for at least 3 more years of pain, and no prospective young coach who has ambitions to be a career coach would touch that job if Simmo was sacked with a barge pole.

It's actually a measured and really pragmatic decision by the Eagles to keep Simpson on as coach, even for the short-medium term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back