How long does Adam Simpsons have left?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been a non-stop party since that kick from Sheed floated through. They're all high as kites on themselves. "Eagles fans owe us" they're thinking.

Sheed is the perfect example.

Has climbed Everest, planted the flag himself. Now just can sit back and take the money.

The lack of hunger shown by the 2018 premiership players has been blatantly obvious.

50% tax.

Well they didn't and neither did any other club.

I can see the Eagles paying it in 2024 though. Investing in better SC people to get to the bottom of this ridiculous injury run.

And paying out Simo's contract. Which really should be exempt from a soft cap tax. Teams aren't gaining a massive advantage sacking under performing coaches under contract.
Clubs have paid it in the past. Essendon did last year with Rutten according to an article I looked up.

Lets put injuries aside and let's look who actually played on the weekend and they still lost to a bottom 6 side by 170

Shuey
Gaff
Barass
Duggan
Kelly
Allan
Yeo
Sheed
Darling

Sorry but "injuries" is BS and needs to be called out.

It's become the company line but it's BS.

Most players on that injury list are no good anyway

Last edited:
Lets put injuries aside and let's look who actually played on the weekend and they still lost to a bottom 6 side by 170

Shuey
Gaff
Barass
Duggan
Kelly
Allan
Yeo
Sheed
Darling

Sorry but "injuries" is BS and needs to be called out.

It's become the company line but it's BS.

Most players on that injury list are no good anyway

Injuries have contributed to the situation.

But so has several other factors. Many of them within the control of the players and club.

Last edited:
It's about who bends first. The club willing to pay out the last 2 years of his contract or simmo willing to meet the club half way. I get they have to dig their heels in publicly re; Simpson continuing to coach but it's only going to lead to embarrassment. A position becomes untenable after the last 2 yrs they've had. Even Carlton would have sacked him by now.

Last edited:
West Coast have always paid "Superann" to its star players, they typically get 1-2 years when they are well and truly done. Outsiders think its just poor player management but its a strategy to keep good players from leaving in their prime. We have only ever lost one Good player in their prime - Judd and maybe Gehrig ( He was Cooked by then end at WC ) so keeping players like Kennedy and Nic Nat over their careers has worked long term.
Gehrig was cooked? LOL bloke kicked a ton and was a powerhouse for a few years for the Saints. He may have been cooked as the player and role he played at WCE but wasn't cooked AS a player. Poor call.

I'm actually in support of Simpson and finding it pleasantly refreshing that he's backing himself so strongly and the club is backing him. Now whether that's all just to do with contracts and money etc who knows, but i'm liking seeing a club actually stick it to the norm of just sacking a coach because the media demand it.

Sacking Simpson now wouldnt make a difference. As long as he has the energy and drive i think it's great they're sticking with him (or he's sticking with himself). I think the kids are doing well under him. The issue is the up and down effort of senior players, and they wont be around much longer anyway.

For me the problem is at the top. Certain slimy businessmen at the top running the boys club they've created is where the problem is.

Point was made in the age footy podcast that the bombers once lost 30 players and their coach, and they still showed more get up and go than WC this year.

The Eagles are making a huge mistake by backing in Simpson now. It's frankly odd that the club can't accept that the coach has lost the playing group. Young players on the list would be getting itchy feet seeing the results get worse, you can't develop your game in a non-competitive team.

The club administration can no longer be trusted after such poor management in recent years. Simpson should take the decision out of their hands, and recommend a review of the football department.

Gehrig was cooked? LOL bloke kicked a ton and was a powerhouse for a few years for the Saints. He may have been cooked as the player and role he played at WCE but wasn't cooked AS a player. Poor call.

Maybe Gehrig was cooked at the time and his move to St Kilda reinvigorated the man and rejuvenated his passion.

Plus, reviving a potentially stuffy juncture.

Did his bump on Bryan Sheehan start his exit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this point it needs to be phrased differently: what does Adam Simpson have to do to lose his job?

He is taking this team into Fitzroy territory and Eagles fans seem fine with it.

Scary thing is that the Eagles will be worse in 2024. They about to embark on the biggest scorched earth rebuild in AFL history.

There’s no coach in history that could make this list competitive and I see no point in changing the coach now. Let Simmo take all the punishment and put a new coach in when the list looks like it can turn the corner.

Hindsight is great.. but doubling down on Tim Kelly and having a second crack probably wasn’t the right call.

Changing coaches will not change anything now.

The team sheets were wrong.

The injury list ( semi retired list) in r22 has blokes going for ops etc early.

The lack of effort (16-17 unanswered goals?).

Throwing a lot at getting Tim Kelly.

Simmo is carrying the can for a lot of others.

At this point it needs to be phrased differently: what does Adam Simpson have to do to lose his job?

He is taking this team into Fitzroy territory and Eagles fans seem fine with it.
The club management refusing to sack him so they don't have to make a payout that is included in the soft cap is the issue. Simpson looks to be extremely selfish and won't quit. If afl agreed the payout wouldn't be in the soft cap then they'd flick him end of this season i think

Chris Scott went 11 years between premierships

Adam Simpson has until 2029 to try to reverse the form slump!

Two of the worst sides in the competition have belted them by 100+ points. Simpson is a fraud.

Sydney
Adelaide
Carlton
Fremantle

Hmmm how dare you call Sydney and Carlton a bad side :p

Not sure it gets any better next week. Last time West Coast played Dogs, they lost by 101 at home. This time around it's in Melbourne. Dogs get off to a hot start again and it could get ugly quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back