Game Day Bevo's Dogs V Fly's Pies Marvel 7.50 tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t take our chances and they did….. have to convert when you have the opportunity. Marra missed too many, Bont missed two easy chances, then the ones earlier as well.

Umpiring doesn’t help but Collingwood have been much better that quarter and took their chances. The forward handball is killing us

Can’t play 4 qtrs, can’t defend transition footy. Can’t kick, typical bulldogs footy.

No answers from the players or the coach.

I’m sure the rhetoric “we’ll learn from it” Bevo response will surface in the post match conference.

Lots of players out there with minimal impact

Bailey Smith, one tackle. Drop or delist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very tough quarter with both Collingwood and umpires. We can’t win flag this year. There can be no ‘getting on a run’ in finals. We might win one? Get Cleary, Garcia, Raak etc in the team for rest of year. Dureay, McNeill, Hannan, McComb, won’t be in our next premiership team.

Bald ump helped the pies a few times that qtr, but the lack of fight in some of our players when chips are down is pretty clear.
We just don’t have the desperation and will required to be the team that can beat the best.

I can’t believe how poor our senior players are when faced with a good team getting on top. They just submit and allow quarters like that with six goals, and then at the other end we can’t hit a barn door from three yards.

It’s exhausting to watch.

Bevo just tells them to play one way. Win contested ball, bomb it long, hope we score. Push all our half backs up, good teams then score out the back with counter play. Its school level coaching. Our senior players cant do much if thats the way we play.

There have been so many holding/dropping the ball/throwing decisions not paid against Collingwood it’s been ridiculous what they get away with, plus they are scragging a lot and allowed to do that also, yet if we lay a hand on them it’s a free kick.

The discrepancy in how the game has been umpired has been terrible. Notwithstanding that, Collingwood have been the better team, particularly that quarter, but if we take our chances we are only one or two goals down, so we have ourselves to blame also.

Collingwood are a good team and, failing an unlikely victory from us, I would much rather them win the flag than any other contender. Who else is there? Melbourne? Brisbane? Give me a break. I hope Collingwood crap all over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back