Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time Mason Cox kicks a goal he runs straight through and bumps the player on the mark and then acts like he's been accosted. Really annoys me.

Every time Mason Cox kicks a goal he runs straight through and bumps the player on the mark and then acts like he's been accosted. Really annoys me.
That's what a decade at a big Victorian club will do to you - "but sir, he didn't move out of the way and genuflect as I came through. Surely that's a free kick!"

Have no issues that McStay left, he gave it his all at the Lions but I just have to say, couldn’t care less that he is missing out now!
So good to hear Fages acknowledge McStay's misfortune in missing the GF through injury and empathise with him after his great service to the Lions. I couldn't even remotely imagine a coach like Bevo doing that with say Dunkley...pure class by Fages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dees board is quite the read. Apparently this year's grand final is s**t because the best team isn't playing in it. Geez those cheeseboard eating flogs are delusional.

It would honestly live in my head rent free for the rest of my life if the Lions lost two games the way Melbourne did this finals series.

They had Collingwood on toast and couldn’t convert at all. Same for Carlton.

That’s what happens when you don’t have a forward line though. It’s been the main weakness for the dees all year so they can’t act that surprised.

It would honestly live in my head rent free for the rest of my life if the Lions lost two games the way Melbourne did this finals series.

They had Collingwood on toast and couldn’t convert at all. Same for Carlton.

That’s what happens when you don’t have a forward line though. It’s been the main weakness for the dees all year so they can’t act that surprised.

Its a feature of their style of play too - they want to control and dominate time in forward half and aren't too fussed about bombing it in because it generally gets deeper and is harder for the oppo to rebound. If they turn around and try change their method they'll undermine their defence. They tend to put it wider too leading to a lot of low percentage shots.

It actually reminds me a lot of our approach in 2019/20, except we also had the players in the front half to score out of it.

You could also normally just go and buy a few key pieces to complete a forward line, but when you have a midfield all on big dollars and 7 year contracts that aren't playing cause they are smashing gear, well let's just say it hurts when it comes to recruiting.

A lot of tactics-philes seem to have forgotten there’s more to the game than just defensive mechanisms. Still gotta put a score on the board.

I swear some of them would be happy to cancel the grand final each year and let Champion Data devise an algorithm to decide the premier.

A lot of tactics-philes seem to have forgotten there’s more to the game than just defensive mechanisms. Still gotta put a score on the board.

It would be so good if we won (duh) by putting up a big score. Would be really funny to see if any teams tried to copy our approach but without the forward half cattle.

Certainly I'd love to have 1-2 less games a year where oppo teams just flood back on us and try bore me to death.

AFL hands struggling Roos three first-round picks in compensation call

North Melbourne will receive three end of first round draft picks over the next two years, the AFL has confirmed.

In addition to the three draft picks, the Roos have also been given two additional rookie list spots for next season.

The Kangaroos will not receive any extra assistance regarding Next Generation Academy prospect Ryley Sanders.

North Melbourne will receive three end of first round draft picks over the next two years, the AFL has confirmed.

In addition to the three draft picks, the Roos have also been given two additional rookie list spots for next season.

The Kangaroos will not receive any extra assistance regarding Next Generation Academy prospect Ryley Sanders.
pretty ridiculous when you consider the pittance we received

i do not know why north melbourne arent just told to pack their bags and move, merge or fold

Very funny that the AFL is claiming that the 2024 picks are reviewable, but if they can be traded and will stay valid. Ultimate outcome = more TRADEZ in what is expected to be a very boring trade period.

i do not know why north melbourne arent just told to pack their bags and move, merge or fold
That’s how I feel too.

I know North fans are pissed off about the outcome particularly losing access to Sanders which they shouldn’t be entitled to anyway.

Too many clubs in Melbourne, do us a favour and move to Tassie or merge with the Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back