List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

If we get 2,3,6 a future first from demons and norf sure I’ll give up Reid and darling, lol not sure what they are thinking with this spiel
The way Gossage changed his tune and has also mentioned Live trading next yrs 1st its more likely that. Mark my words this about getting Curtin/Collard because of where they are now sitting in this draft and not about Harley..

They are stringing us along like Home & Away storyline.

Also I sorta get how Darling could be convinced to go to Melbourne for a couple of years (a team that needs him and where would be some chance of getting another flag) but North? Not sure "as s**t as the Eagles but with way less fans and s**t facilities" is gonna cut it.

If the offers for pick 1 so far haven’t been sufficient can someone at the west explain how us adding Darling to pick 1 helps change our mind?

It’s like they’re writing their stories in crayon and getting a monkey to translate

Agreed

If Darlings on the table as a separate deal it actually makes complete sense (especially for Melbourne)

But as a "sweetener" for pick 1? ROB Better have another job lined up or his retirement package ready

Pfft s**t facilities?

You obviously took some acid and haven’t come out of your trip yet and still think we’re in the 90’s……

They’ve redeveloped it you dead beat.
Finally got that double adaptor so they can plug in the lights at the same time as the one treadmill hey?

Nice.

Only good reason I could come up with for us offering Pick 44 for Brockman is that we have another target lined up to take in the PSD...

But it's probably because we are softcooks at the trade table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What hurts the most is that on occasion my brain forgets that most media these days is clickbait bullshit, and I see a tweet like that and get interested only to click back into gear and realise it's all just total bullshit.

So few places where you can get the truth these days, will stick to getting my information from reliable sources like the Joe Rogan Experience and Russell Brand's youtube channell.

Pfft s**t facilities?

You obviously took some acid and haven’t come out of your trip yet and still think we’re in the 90’s……

They’ve redeveloped it you dead beat.

We're fully aware of it mate, we did bankroll the majority of it after all.

Am I the only one that’s seriously pissed off this is taking so long?

We offer a future 3rd, they knock it back so then we offer pick 44 this year to which they want more.

It’s a player in a bottom 4 side that was dropped multiple times in 2023 and was originally a pick in the 40’s.

We have the first pick in the PSD. We should have told them to * off days ago and told them the offer stands until the deadlline next week.

Clubs pull this s*t with us because we are too nice. It’s the same reason North are ****** playing games with a Reid offer.

They most likely believe if they wait we will get desperate and accept unders.

You know how you fix that? Publicly say you’re taking Reid.
They probably want to deal with freo

Do u really wanna offload a potential 300 gamer/2nd highest goal kicker? And you want to given them our second pick?
No? I want them to give us pick 11
IF JD wanted to chase another flag. I wouldn’t begrudge him for that and we can get games into JWilliams and Maric. This article is rubbish. Let’s not give it any air time.

Don't see why we don't just get Reid and then a combo of WA guys with the later picks, Zakolevski, Sanchez, & possibly Moir from SA, and get NGA Hine-Bastion. We already adding Brockman and Flynn, so at worst getting 3 top 22 players in with those 2 and Reid. We can always load up next year and do a gold coast and trade for 3 or 4 first rounders with our first pick likely to be top 3 next year. Vic media thinks we are desperate to get heaps of kids ignoring the fact we have already taken about 10 in last few drafts and majority are looking to be first 22 players. Worst case scenario Reid leaves after 3 years and we load up again on more top picks.
How the hell is hine-bastion an NGA? His parents are real estate agents in Vic park so I assume he grew up there. Not exactly a location where you don't get opportunities to play footy.

Only good reason I could come up with for us offering Pick 44 for Brockman is that we have another target lined up to take in the PSD...

But it's probably because we are softcooks at the trade table.

I keep reading this comment.

Who the hell could we POSSIBLY be saving our PSD selection for? It's a rarity to even have 1 PSD target, and that's Brockman.

From what I understand the PSD isn't even a real thing, it's "forum" where occasionally delisted player or others out of contract enter a draft pool.

It's quite often there is zero picks in a PSD. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back