Carlton Must Sack Pagan Asap

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet Carlton have still been more successful than the pies over the last 50 years ..go figure :)

How about the last 5 years!!!

It's a shame to follow a club where you have to go back 50 years to find enjoyment!!!

Anyway, i thinks us Pies supporters are just more interested and excited about the present and future then to worry about the 'good old days'

And BEE stop sending me yellow cards, my birthdays in December!!!:D

Everyone's got a price. From what I'm hearing we are not going to be paying just a little more than others but for the right person we'll pay a lot more than they'd get anywhere else.

Money wont necessarily get you the talent though, and as someone else said if they do come for the money alone you dont always want them. Fair enough if its an amicable trade with a player wanting to leave and club happy to trade but doing it by poaching or just waving dosh around isnt a certainty.

I agree in many ways.

Recruitment and development is key.

I reckon Brad Scott has been crucial in developing Collingwood's kids.

That and Alan Richardson.

On the recruitment side Derek Hine has done a fair job.

We'll get the pick of the crop, we'll be throwing around more $ than anyone else.

And that has been Carlton's attitude for more than 40 years.

You have to wonder if the threat of insolvency and the subsequent bailout by benefactors has had any effect at all on the culture of the place or will they go out spending like drunken sailors again?

Why would Carlton sack Pagan? He is doing exactly what they want - losing every game.
They are not paying him for his coaching ability anymore - they are paying him to take the heat while they tank for a priority number one pick.

Carlton need to act quickly and sack pagan and get in the queue for a new coach. with essendon also looking to lose sheedy we cannot afford to be 4th in the queue and end up with whoever is leftover at the end of the coaching merry-go round

how come carlton accept mediocrity while two clubs with zero real success in the last 40 years take action to rectify their clubs situation ?

Time has come for Carlton to sack - i would be interested to see other carlton views

Harvey or Guy McKenna are my preferences

there are more than 3 assistants out there that could be suitable for the club.

what melbourne or freo want/need in a coach, may not be what carlton want/need in a coach- as they say horses for courses.

what happens if the club who appoints a coach 1st ends up making a mistake?

not sure what is worse, accepting mediocrity or blindly reacting to decisions made by other clubs.

My guess is that Laidley will be re-signed this week or next.

Coaches are overrated. Recruitment staff > Coaches.

I'd have Development coaches before Recruitment staff. Development is the key to any up and coming football side, just ask Collingwood and Hawthorn, we wouldn't be as better placed as we are now without the assistance of Alan Richardson and Brad Scott. They are, without doubt, the most influential people in the inner sanctum at Collingwood.

Back on topic, Pagan will see the season out IMO.

I'd have Development coaches before Recruitment staff. Development is the key to any up and coming football side, just ask Collingwood and Hawthorn, we wouldn't be as better placed as we are now without the assistance of Alan Richardson and Brad Scott. They are, without doubt, the most influential people in the inner sanctum at Collingwood.

Back on topic, Pagan will see the season out IMO.

No point developing those that don't have the talent to make it!!!

Recruiting>Development

Remember Denis still thinks he's the man to coach Carlton!

WeekInPicture1.png

CMON Carlton tell me I'm the man!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't sack him, he's built the team and they are playing footy the right way. He's teaching them well and they will be a force over the next 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back