List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I expect if North can get their hands on 6 we would probably accept 2 & 6. It'd be nice to get a little icing in the way of 15, 17 or 18 but realistically those two picks land McKercher and Curtin/Sanders and I could see us walking away happy with that.

I thought at the beginning it would take a top 5, a top 10 and another first. 2 & 6 is the equivalent of 5, 10 & 18 in points.

My view has slightly shifted.

I'm going to be fuming at slow burning Curtin

If Reid tears the comp a new one

While mckercher does decent inside/outside work.

And Curtin slow burns with 12 possesion a game

Mckercher + Curtin isn't really to attractive to me anymore given the nature of how slow burn Curtin will be.

The North board being adamant we don’t want Reid and it’s all a big bluff is hilarious

Norf supporters full of banter and bluster in November.:eek::oops:

Anyone reeeeally shocked to be here?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hopefully their grass cutting efforts with Reid ends up....well........like all their other attemps to improve their list.

lawnmower fail GIF

I'm going to be fuming at slow burning Curtin

If Reid tears the comp a new one

While mckercher does decent inside/outside work.

Mckercher + Curtin isn't really to attractive to me anymore given the nature of how slow burn Curtin will be.
I'm with you. I'd like to see us turn down 2 & 3 and throw our heads back laughing before ROB walks into the draft hall like Vince McMahon and we take Reid. I suspect we would accept 2 & 6 for 1 though. Maybe 2, 6 & 15 for 1 & 23 if we wanted to be bastards about it.

I'm with you. I'd like to see us turn down 2 & 3 and throw our heads back laughing before ROB walks into the draft hall like Vince McMahon and we take Reid. I suspect we would accept 2 & 6 for 1 though. Maybe 2, 6 & 15 for 1 & 23 if we wanted to be bastards about it.

vince mcmahon GIF

With Pick 1, West Coast select

Uh Oh Wrestling GIF by WWE

HARLEY REID

Walking In Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

mad australia GIF

North could

Trade 3 for 6 11
Trade 17 18 for 8

Offer us
2 6 15

Keep
1 3 11

That might get it done

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
I actually don't mind this & think it's a win/win for both clubs but only if we grabbed Mckercher at 2. Something like the following would be a good mix, grab a couple of KPP's, a pure mid, speed & kicking, a guy with huge upside & a nice crafty goalsneak. All things we need & compliments the last couple of drafts nicely.

2 - McKercher
6 - Curtin/O'Sullivan
15 - Charlie Edwards
23 - Delean/Freijah
37 - Zakostelsky or another KPP if gone.

North end up happy aswell & could go something like this. They also still have those 2 late first rounders to use aswell.

1- Reid
11 - Sanders

Last edited:
2,6,17 could be Reid for McKercher, Curtin and Hardemann/Tholstrop. I think it will be hard for ROB to say no to that (I probably still would though personally).

I’m not sure why Curtin is thought of as a slow burn? He has a ready made body - I think he’d come in as a solid half back flanker and grow into a key defender with more experience. Not the worst for us if it means Ginbey is a full time midfielder as a result (and Yeo midfield pinch hit in the off chance he’s not injured).

2,6,17 could be Reid for McKercher, Curtin and Hardemann/Tholstrop. I think it will be hard for ROB to say no to that (I probably still would though personally).

I’m not sure why Curtin is thought of as a slow burn? He has a ready made body - I think he’d come in as a solid half back flanker and grow into a key defender with more experience. Not the worst for us if it means Ginbey is a full time midfielder as a result (and Yeo midfield pinch hit in the off chance he’s not injured).

Think people just hate on Curtin because they have a deep fear the club would choose Curtin over Reid and that's simply not the case.

Pretty sure its the same guy saying "slow burn" over and over making it feel like everyone is saying it.

I actually don't mind this & think it's a win/win for both clubs but only if we grabbed Mckercher at 2. Something like the following would be a good mix, grab a couple of KPP's, a pure mid, speed & kicking, a guy with huge upside & a nice crafty goalsneak. All things we need & compliments the last couple of drafts nicely.

2 - McKercher
6 - Curtin/O'Sullivan
15 - Charlie Edwards
23 - Delean/Freijah
37 - Zakostelsky or another KPP if gone.

North end up happy aswell & could go something like this. They also still have those 2 late first rounders to use aswell.

1- Reid
3 - Curtin/O'sullivan
11 - Sanders
North won’t be choosing Curtin or O’Sullivan at 3…could very well get 1 at 11

Here’s what I can live with:

North trade 3 and 18 for 6 and 11 with Dees.

North offer us 2,6 AND F1. We accept.

WCE:
2 (McKercher)
6 (Curtin)
And we probably have pick 1 and 2 next year.

North left with 1,11,15,17 and no dignity.

JTR.
Im glad you could live with that but it’s not happening

That’s Likely 2, 1, 6

Last edited:
What is Curtin at the next level besides a slow burn? Ideally we get slow burn Curtin in 3 years at a reasonable discount after three years of development elsewhere.

Geelong could have cap space and be towards the bottom in 3 years.. they'll be in Harley's ear from day 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any love for:

WC: (End up with 2, 6, 17, 23, 37, 58, fluff)
Out 1,
In 2, 6, 17

NM: (End up with 1, 11, 15, 57, fluff)
Out 2, 3, 17, 18
In 1, 11

MEL: (End up with 3, 18, 42, fluff)
Out 6, 11
In 3, 18

McKercher, Curtin/O'Sullivan, Murphy, C.Edwards, ZZ?

Melbourne just traded to move up from 14 to 11. They do not rate anything past 14 apparently or have a target in mind.

They won't do that deal simply to make North and WC happy.

They are sensitive over there in the draft board. All because I said Nostradumbass to a Kangas Poster called Nostradumous.

That gives me a report and point.
Surprised anyone noticed, they all have him on ignore.

Not really wise to go talking shit on other boards though, they're mostly way more touchy than here.

Interesting update. Still feels like North are taking the piss especially asking for 23 back. Given what we've knocked back from Hawks and Melbourne now both those North offers are very, very underwhelming, feeling more likely we hold unless they seriously step things up.
Death by a thousand cuts!

Not entirely true. I and many others are open to something like

2, 6, 15/17/18
2, F1, 15/17/18
I’m sure you and others are and that’s absolutely fine, it’s a good offer. It’s easy to say 2, 6 and F1 won’t be offered and you’re almost certainly right but if you really want to break this trade down for North this trade period it looks like this:

OUT: 2, F1, Ben McKay
IN: 1, 11

They still take 1,11,15,17 to the draft. Why shouldn’t we exploit the charity they have been given? Reid’s worth a lot more to our club than just draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back