List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Callum Jamiesons hair just screams Bondi Beach also. It would be a UN war crime for us not to include him in any trade .

I’ve just had a visit from the Feds asking me to desist from threatening the Warners with a stay at the nmfc gulag. Which of you scamps dobbed me in?

I’ve just had a visit from the Feds asking me to desist from threatening the Warners with a stay at the nmfc gulag. Which of you scamps dobbed me in?
The first rule of Sydney Trade club is you must discuss Eagles 3rd choice ruck in glowing terms. You failed the test. You must be extinguished. Its by order of Callum Jamieson

4. Sydney will be desperate to keep him. Doubt they go past $1.3m pa. If they lose him and Corey, the Club will ask your mob for Reid + a future 1st. If not Reid it would mean writing yourselves out of two years of drafts plus Ginbey.
I'm not an Eagles supporter, I just pop in here from time to time, but this did make me laugh.

This is not the NBA where you can trade a guy without his say so. Why would Harley want to move to Sydney exactly? He's a country kid who's settling in to a strange new city in Perth. After his first season you'd expect that he'll probably just be getting comfortable with his new surroundings and making new friends etc. Why the hell would he want to uproot himself all over again and move to another, even bigger and even stranger city?

Should we be trialling Bailey Williams as a KPD?
Jack Williams and Archer Reid are probably better RUCK/FWD prospects than him, and he’s clearly not a #1 ruckman, but I could see him being very effective spoiling, marking and roughing up the opposition’s KPF.

Bailey “Massive Windup and High Ball Drop” Williams in the backline? It’s a no from me dog.

His kicking, and the readiness with which he invites smother pressure, would be cannon fodder for nippy small forward types. He’d concede a truckload of turnover goals in that role I reckon.

The first rule of Sydney Trade club is you must discuss Eagles 3rd choice ruck in glowing terms. You failed the test. You must be extinguished. Its by order of Callum Jamieson

To be truthful, we are still massive fans of Sinkers and Ruck Jesus. Two more honest blue collar rucks you could not find. You guys do need a decent ruck. Instead of the Warners Ladhams could be available.

To be truthful, we are still massive fans of Sinkers and Ruck Jesus. Two more honest blue collar rucks you could not find. You guys do need a decent ruck. Instead of the Warners Ladhams could be available.
Not happening unless he grows beautiful blonde hair and becomes a sex symbol

All this talk on Buss, Warner x2 and trading Reid....WTF.

Buss OOC this year, our R2 should be exclusively reserved for him.

This does not impact our chase for Warner, the Chad variety next year. Who is OOC 2025 and will be offered somewhere of the region of 1.5M pa which I assume we can easily facilitate. My only question is when is Corey OOC?

We aim for Warner, then Sam Taylor is probably out of the conversation. Also worth noting the following players is OOC in 2025 that should be on our list to track, if not speaking to their management now and just seeing where their head is at:

Essendon - Zach Reid (Times in with his brother Arched Reid Contract talks too)
Freo - Neil Erasmus
GWS - Callum Brown & Lachlan Ash
Melbourne - Judd Mcvee
Lions - Tunstill

And dont forget we have own players we need to resign and who I think need to be a priority for 2025:

Oscar, Brady, Jake, Kelly, Hunt; then the rest

Chesser, Jaimeson, Hall, Livingstone, Sheed, Johnston, Darling, Petch, Cripps, Mcgovern, Bazzo and Cole

Clarke and his team has alot of scenarios to plan for, and depending what cards are dealt could really fast track the rebuild.

Not happening unless he grows beautiful blonde hair and becomes a sex symbol
Pete is a sex symbol. He has been sporting a pr0n moustache that has a life and yes…. Believe it folks! …intelligence. After copping a blow Pete’s mo is going through concussion protocols.

All this talk on Buss, Warner x2 and trading Reid....WTF.

Buss OOC this year, our R2 should be exclusively reserved for him.

This does not impact our chase for Warner, the Chad variety next year. Who is OOC 2025 and will be offered somewhere of the region of 1.5M pa which I assume we can easily facilitate. My only question is when is Corey OOC?

We aim for Warner, then Sam Taylor is probably out of the conversation. Also worth noting the following players is OOC in 2025 that should be on our list to track, if not speaking to their management now and just seeing where their head is at:

Essendon - Zach Reid (Times in with his brother Arched Reid Contract talks too)
Freo - Neil Erasmus
GWS - Callum Brown & Lachlan Ash
Melbourne - Judd Mcvee
Lions - Tunstill

And dont forget we have own players we need to resign and who I think need to be a priority for 2025:

Oscar, Brady, Jake, Kelly, Hunt; then the rest

Chesser, Jaimeson, Hall, Livingstone, Sheed, Johnston, Darling, Petch, Cripps, Mcgovern, Bazzo and Cole

Clarke and his team has alot of scenarios to plan for, and depending what cards are dealt could really fast track the rebuild.
Big thumbs down on that list you made. All absolute turds or dont fit our list profile

Angus Sheldrick
Alex Davies
Darcy Jones
Ryan Angwin
Ed Allan

Id like to make Alex Davies priority 1 myself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big thumbs down on that list you made. All absolute turds or dont fit our list profile

Angus Sheldrick
Alex Davies
Darcy Jones
Ryan Angwin
Ed Allan

Id like to make Alex Davies priority 1 myself
My list is exclusively players OOC - that would minimise any draft capital. I am not attached to any of them. I only included guys that could be worthy asking about due their contract status.

I did make a mistake on Sheldrick who comes OOC next year in 2025.

As for the other guys you mentioned;
Davies - 2024
Angwin - 2024
Jones - 2026
Allan - 2026

My list is exclusively players OOC - that would minimise any draft capital. I am not attached to any of them. I only included guys that could be worthy asking about due their contract status.

I did make a mistake on Sheldrick who comes OOC next year in 2025.

As for the other guys you mentioned;
Davies - 2024
Angwin - 2024
Jones - 2026
Allan - 2026
Oh sorry I missed that aspect

Davies for me should get the contract we offered Dev Robertson. 4 years etc. Feel he is better footballer whose just behind a very deep midfield

All good.

The point remains Clarke has a few targets that we should be talking through now, prioritising and figuring out who we target and go hard for, it will need to be creative to get a few of them in the door.

It will be interesting watch that's for sure.

I would imagine he's only nominated if we've told him we're taking him...
Yes that's what I thought when I saw it.

Yes. Tough tall hbf with some speed and go. Would immediately replace Rotham and/or Witherden.

Has versatility too. Can play forward even possibly pinch hit in midfield.

Is AFL standard. Not certain if others such as Murdoch are. Murdoch may turn out to be a Connor West.

I thought so, reading the Pies board about when he got let go, most said he has what it takes but got pushed out of a premiership side due to bad luck with his positions being covered by others.

Wasn't sure how we might use him though given his versatility. Probably not up forward but as a mid or defender it might be worth it.

I don't know anything about the other names being discussed, just know Ruscoe from Coast to Coast podcast and WAFL games.

Warner postpones talks on contract extension with Swans from the Age
“Both clubs would be negligent if they didn’t have a crack at him,” another well-placed WA football source said on the condition of anonymity.

Boy, we really needed an anonymous source for that gem, didn't we?

We are simply not in a position to trade out of the next 2 drafts as we'd then have had no real presence in 4 of the preceeding 7 drafts. The Kelly trade wiped out our draft hand in 19'/20' and acquiring Warner would do the same for 24'/25'. For a team tasked with such a monumental rebuild and with so many holes to fill, that's not healthy. You only have one shot at an "all in" trade for a superstar and we missed. Learn and move on.

Warner is a great player, but he's enjoyed a recent purple patch and at peak value. We already have the superstar mid to build around. There are many good players undervalued at other clubs or yet to be uncovered through the draft to round out our list.

Dawson put on a masterclass yesterday and was acquired for a fraction of what we paid for a substandard Kelly. That's the blueprint (as is the Cripps and Yeo trade). Even if they work out half as well, we are ahead of the rebuild curve.

1R: best available mid (FOS)
2R/F2: Buss
3R: still wish we didn't trade it out for Hall
FA: Cumming or Perryman
Junk picks: A.Davies, Erasmus

Versatile role players like Baker who fill a gap in our age profile should only be picked up in Hunt-like deals for late picks.

Keep tabs on Warner as FA approaches and as our list develops organically. I think outside class or an elite intecepting KPD will prove greater areas of need.

All this changes if we can accrue more draft capital but we have surely missed the boat (our senior and fringe players have no value) and it's not how we operate.

We are simply not in a position to trade out of the next 2 drafts as we'd then have had no real presence in 4 of the preceeding 7 drafts. The Kelly trade wiped out our draft hand in 19'/20' and acquiring Warner would do the same for 24'/25'. For a team tasked with such a monumental rebuild and with so many holes to fill, that's not healthy. You only have one shot at an "all in" trade for a superstar and we missed. Learn and move on.

Warner is a great player, but he's enjoyed a recent purple patch and at peak value. We already have the superstar mid to build around. There are many good players undervalued at other clubs or yet to be uncovered through the draft to round out our list.

Dawson put on a masterclass yesterday and was acquired for a fraction of what we paid for a substandard Kelly. That's the blueprint (as is the Cripps and Yeo trade). Even if they work out half as well, we are ahead of the rebuild curve.

1R: best available mid (FOS)
2R/F2: Buss
3R: still wish we didn't trade it out for Hall
FA: Cumming or Perryman
Junk picks: A.Davies, Erasmus

Versatile role players like Baker who fill a gap in our age profile should only be picked up in Hunt-like deals for late picks.

Keep tabs on Warner as FA approaches and as our list develops organically. I think outside class or an elite intecepting KPD will prove greater areas of need.

All this changes if we can accrue more draft capital but we have surely missed the boat (our senior and fringe players have no value) and it's not how we operate.
Warner is beyond a great player, he is a future Brownlow Medalist

I’d like us to have a crack at Erasmus but feel like Freo would be unreasonable given it’s us and he is contracted.

Would rather wait til he is out of contract next year. Can’t see him getting in front of Fyfe, Young, Brayshaw, Serong and Johnson so he will likely be in the same position next year.
Is Uranus still a ball butcher?

My concern with Warner, and yes I'm in the minority here, our midfield is absolutely stacked.

But what about defence? What about the ruck?

We need 2 x elite HBF. We need 2 x elite tall backs. We have none in development. Not H Edwards, nor Jamieson, and Buzzo, doesn't appear so either.

I feel very uneasy.

And here's another conundrum. The only way to get a Chad Warner is being down the bottom of the ladder to satisfy with draft picks.

Picking a player like this up, as the final jigsaw piece for the run at a premiership, costs an elite player and possibly a pick. We are talking O Allen, Gov (at his peak) a yeo (at his peak).

And here's another conundrum. The only way to get a Chad Warner is being down the bottom of the ladder to satisfy with draft picks.

Picking a player like this up, as the final jigsaw piece for the run at a premiership, costs an elite player and possibly a pick. We are talking O Allen, Gov (at his peak) a yeo (at his peak).
We only have to compete with Fremantle in terms of draft pick. That's an easy win for us. Our hand is stronger by a fair margin?

Back