Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Already too late to start a full rebuild imo, we will still be building when the Devils come in and take all the draft picks, it could set us back years, to get the good players you have to look like you are going somewhere in an upward direction.
thanks for seeing it how it is.

Already too late to start a full rebuild imo, we will still be building when the Devils come in and take all the draft picks, it could set us back years, to get the good players you have to look like you are going somewhere in an upward direction.
2024 draft and Fa
2025 draft and fa
2026 draft and fa
2027 COMPROMISED
Plenty of opportunities much more than sides currently in top 8 who’s best will be pushing >30 in 2028 and they’ll have fa top ups at pointy end ,,,so you’ve fkd up your analysis

if we started to focus on rebuilding 100% post 2021 we would be in a great spot. We could have had 3 top 3 picks between that time and when the devils came in. We could have been well and truly placed to avoid the pain their introduction will surely do to the draft.

But.....

Still not too late - we commit to rebuilding now, we can still get 3 x top 3 picks between now and then. It sucks, but its what we need to do 100%. Use the system the way it was made to be used.

if we started to focus on rebuilding 100% post 2021 we would be in a great spot. We could have had 3 top 3 picks between that time and when the devils came in. We could have been well and truly placed to avoid the pain their introduction will surely do to the draft.

But.....

Still not too late - we commit to rebuilding now, we can still get 3 x top 3 picks between now and then. It sucks, but its what we need to do 100%. Use the system the way it was made to be used.

Chances are we get a couple of top 3 picks over the next year or two whether we want them or not but I don't want to go on the full bottom out rebuild it takes years to complete and is often unsuccessful as many teams have found out. Without injuries we still have the core of a reasonably good team there is plenty to build on.

I want us to be a club that always plays to our best ability, never give in and win every game you can, that's what build the culture you need to win flags, Carlton are a great example of what tanking creates, years of misery.

Young Guns Squad for games against Vic Metro & Vic Country over the next 2 weeks. These players are eligible for the MSD

1713336415094.png

2024 draft and Fa
2025 draft and fa
2026 draft and fa
2027 COMPROMISED
Plenty of opportunities much more than sides currently in top 8 who’s best will be pushing >30 in 2028 and they’ll have fa top ups at pointy end ,,,so you’ve fkd up your analysis
I didn't do any analysis it was just my opinion after watching nearly 60 years of football.

I don't think things are as grim or desperate in the long term as our current predicament shows.

team's from recent state game VFL v SAFL. Anybody worth a look as i'm not familiar with VFL much now apart from our games?

team's from recent state game VFL v SAFL. Anybody worth a look as i'm not familiar with VFL much now apart from our games?

Am surprised mutaz not there , I’d like him on our list

I wasn’t a fan, but he’s actually improved further this year. I think his biggest issue is he’s an uncontested player and would easily be accounted for in the big league.
I’ve watched him closely he def makes a good contest but yea can separate and intercept , I like that he handles the ball nice and clean and neat kick too , reckon he’s a certainty to be drafted this time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently McBean goes ok.

Apparently McBean goes ok.
Not even the best forward at Glenelg

Lachlan Hosie is the best forward not in the AFL ... big game player ... kicked four snags in the state game on the weekend ... 6 last year for Glenelg in the SANFL grand final ... and multiple SANFL goal kicking winner.

Just having turned 27 he is the same age as Marlion was when we took him ... and was taken by North in the same MSD draft in 2019 ... kicked 20 in ten games in VFL and 2 on debut as a 22 year old but delisted after the first year of COVID.

A medium forward at 6FT 2 (190cm) and at the height of his powers he is capable of playing immediately ... at worst he takes us to a VFL premiership this year ... at best he could kick 30 a season in the AFL for a couple of years.

Bauer is a backman ... Kosi is a backman ... Miller is a backman ... Balta is a backman and Fawcett has faarked his back and Lefau is a rugby player ... I am just going out on a limb and suggesting that maybe we should consider drafting a Forward to play forward!

You are not going to find a gun KPF in the MSD but we could add an actual natural forward (61 goals last year at 70% efficiency) who is ready to play now when the only true marking forward on our list is again out for the season

Not even the best forward at Glenelg

Lachlan Hosie is the best forward not in the AFL ... big game player ... kicked four snags in the state game on the weekend ... 6 last year for Glenelg in the SANFL grand final ... and multiple SANFL goal kicking winner.

Just having turned 27 he is the same age as Marlion was when we took him ... and was taken by North in the same MSD draft in 2019 ... kicked 20 in ten games in VFL and 2 on debut as a 22 year old but delisted after the first year of COVID.

A medium forward at 6FT 2 (190cm) and at the height of his powers he is capable of playing immediately ... at worst he takes us to a VFL premiership this year ... at best he could kick 30 a season in the AFL for a couple of years.

Bauer is a backman ... Kosi is a backman ... Miller is a backman ... Balta is a backman and Fawcett has faarked his back and Lefau is a rugby player ... I am just going out on a limb and suggesting that maybe we should consider drafting a Forward to play forward!

You are not going to find a gun KPF in the MSD but we could add an actual natural forward (61 goals last year at 70% efficiency) who is ready to play now when the only true marking forward on our list is again out for the season
Looks good for sure, he’ll be on quite a few clubs radars I’d say

Chances are we get a couple of top 3 picks over the next year or two whether we want them or not but I don't want to go on the full bottom out rebuild it takes years to complete and is often unsuccessful as many teams have found out. Without injuries we still have the core of a reasonably good team there is plenty to build on.

I want us to be a club that always plays to our best ability, never give in and win every game you can, that's what build the culture you need to win flags, Carlton are a great example of what tanking creates, years of misery.

I want to be a club that wins flags.

A team that always wants to compete tends to finish 9th. A lot.

I want to be a club that wins flags.

A team that always wants to compete tends to finish 9th. A lot.
We already are a club that wins flags and we never actually finished 9th that often, what worries me is the long break between flag eras where we lose our fairweather supporters and turn into a basket case, no need to bottom out to win flags and anyone at Richmond that doesn't want to compete should not be there.

A number of clubs tried hard to win the spoon to boost there draft potential, not many if any of them had any success with the players they taught not to compete, think Melbourne and Carlton with endless rebuilds, a professional always wants to win, losing is for losers.

Picking someone who elevates our performance in season 2024 is not necessarily in our best interest .
Forget worrying about contriving to get early draft picks let that happen naturally if it happens, pick the best there is and do our best to win every game, anything else should not be accepted at Tigerland.

edit... Hold on do you mean look to players for the future rather than draft for the now, if so I agree with that, we need players that will form the basis of our next flag in 2 to 3 years

Last edited:
Gold Coast started compromising drafts in 2010, the year Dimma came on board. Definitely enough time for a full rebuild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back