List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

That was my understanding too. His camp was looking for a "safe home" that would be able to manage his MH struggles with compassion & we were the option for him to return to Melbourne./ . We had some interest but didn't really push it

"He added that Richmond "explored all options" around Jesse Hogan after the forward's management approached Richmond over a potential move.

However, Hogan will continue his career at Greater Western Sydney after he was exchanged for pick 54 on Wednesday."

----

he was clearly "gettable" - we either didn't want it, or didn't do a good enough job to get the deal done. There is no in-between. These are the opportunities that make or break clubs.

......pick 54. what. a. steal.
I was saying at the time we should get Hogan, too.

What a bugger.

I'm super confident he will make it. Has all the attributes, just needs the mature body.

you lost me at "all the attributes". He clearly hasn't got "them all"

He lacks competitiveness unless he is playing at VFL level. His one good AFL game was against a VFL level backline as Adelaide were super undermanned down there. Doesn't appear to have the strength or aggression to hit packs and batter and bruise other ruckman. Not a very good tackler. Doesn't get the ball unless its kicked directly to him

to say he has "all the attributes" is one of the most homer comments i've ever read.

Best case scenario, what player do you see him being "like"? Kurt Tippett?

you lost me at "all the attributes". He clearly hasn't got "them all"

He lacks competitiveness unless he is playing at VFL level. His one good AFL game was against a VFL level backline as Adelaide were super undermanned down there. Doesn't appear to have the strength or aggression to hit packs and batter and bruise other ruckman. Not a very good tackler. Doesn't get the ball unless its kicked directly to him

to say he has "all the attributes" is one of the most homer comments i've ever read.

Best case scenario, what player do you see him being "like"? Kurt Tippett?
BS. He's got plenty of campaigner in him. He doesn't doesn't have the body to do it over and over again.

He finds the ball plenty when playing as a ruckman in the VFL. He will do the same at AFL level when he is ready. He is a ruckman, not a key forward. I see him similar player to Oscar McInerney but with a higher ceiling.

Samson is and always was a long term prospect.

BS. He's got plenty of campaigner in him. He doesn't doesn't have the body to do it over and over again.

He finds the ball plenty when playing as a ruckman in the VFL. He will do the same at AFL level when he is ready. He is a ruckman, not a key forward. I see him similar player to Oscar McInerney but with a higher ceiling.

Samson is and always was a long term prospect.

ah. in the VFL

Yeah, not interested in VFL players.

Naish & RCD were elite in the VFL. He reminds me of a tall version of both those blokes. And i say that as someone who was a defender of both of them . But, unfortuantely, i had to accept my opinion on them was wrongly placed.

I hope you are right - we need a player in Samson's position to step up. I just don't see it. I always compare him to Ty & quite honestly, Ty always showed far more upside than Ryan has at the same age.

Samson needs 1 more pre season, 2 kilos and a bit more core strength and he might be right. He honestly needs to take a huge step forward by the end of 2025 otherwise I don’t think he’s cutting it.
Delilah just needs another 6 games in a row.

Zuhaar would be a huge threat alongside Balta and Lynch. I think we should be in his ear, especially if Dusty is planning on leaving or retiring.

If Zuurhar leaves, it’ll be to a contender, not another team down the bottom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Zurhaar decent player but not the right move to get him imo.

We should only go after legit stars, or solid players not getting a game that cost nothing, than go to the draft with picks to get high talent.

Twitter they saying that too
Yeah was mentioned West Coast might be tempted to split their 1st pick and give us a late 1st rounder for him.
West Coast would prefer to get him in the preseason draft for free but Baker would feel more comfortable leaving if we get something for him.

It's good that someone in the media actually did the work on this.
It only works out better for us if West Coast and Freo are falling over each other to get Baker. 4 top 20 picks would be amazing. Preferably a couple of those would be top 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back