Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Easter to the Daicos boys!! ✝️ 🐣
🎵… CHRISTOS ANESTI MAAAAASSSSSS!!!…🎵

I swear re, if I was like my old woman re, she’s an old Greek lady, super religious and all re, I’d sleep on the stone floor in the church re, and have an idol looking like Nick Daicos re. F’n great re. What a champ.

It might have been different live but watching from home it came across as a bit of a strange atmosphere in the last quarter with both sets of supporters somewhat subdued with a nervous energy I thought.

With McCreery suddenly subbed out and Carlton on top I was fearful in the second it wasn't going to be our night but I was made a fool.

Always great to beat Carlton, even better when it was seen by most as no better than a 50/50 chance and made all the more sweeter when their million dollar big men kick 6 between them.

In the end we deserved it more and the result was the correct one.

Felt the fourth quarter tactics were different this week. They didn’t at any stage try and shut the game and defend a small lead. They kept attacking ( albeit largely unsuccessfully given the amount of inside 50s) and kept the ball moving all the way to the siren
Have to agree. Voss coached well and at times had us put of position, but Fly etc were able to work solutions and take control several times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lcimg-216ef996-8148-4b3b-9c38-74ce3642c540.jpeg

Some things in footy amaze me:
  • Sam Reid is still on an AFL list
  • Essendon fans like Jake Stringer
  • Dustin Martin can speak
And:
  • How susceptible the media are to Carlton hype.
Open your eyes and see. Carlton are just not that good. And we still are. Believe.

Go the reigning premiers!

THE DESPERATION IS GREAT!!!

I despise the snotty-nosed Maher. The glee in his voice any tine collingwoods loses, gets scored against or anything anytime-collingwood drives me mad.

He is the. Used biased caller around. He makes me ill. This result is all the more special for offended it will cause this muppet.

Yes, I really don’t like him, nor his club.

That was friggen amazing.One of the the best wins I can remember.And doing it against Carlton made it all the sweeter.😀And Nick Daicos was can you say?Absolute legend in the making.Thank God for the seed of Peter Daicos.What a legend he is too.😀

Some things in footy amaze me:
  • Sam Reid is still on an AFL list
  • Essendon fans like Jake Stringer
  • Dustin Martin can speak
And:
  • How susceptible the media are to Carlton hype.
Open your eyes and see. Carlton are just not that good. And we still are. Believe.

Go the reigning premiers!
Sam Reid hasn’t retired??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back