38 v 59

Clearances
16 v 36

Centre clearances
5 v 14

Tackles
40 v 60

36% of game time was in our hands.

Our forward line is completely undermanned as it is but when you have stats like that they don’t even have half a chance.

40 tackles is a joke. Reminds me of the 2000's

Taranto, Prestia, Hopper, Graham, Ross, Lynch, Balta, Gibcus - 8 of our best 22 out
Clarke, Bauer, Fawcett, Colina to add to that with Tresize only just returning.

You can't expect teams with effectively their entire 1st string midfield and half their 2nd out, their two key forwards and key backmen to just be playing as if nothing happened.

For mine, you've found out during this patch that HRS might be the replacement for McIntosh now. Brown, Miller and Young can be trusted to put in a good performance. May not be elite right now, but it's decent.

Maurice has what it takes. Campbell can play a good game at AFL standard. Same with Sonsie and Dow.

Lefau may be an absolute diamond in the rough.

I'm taking silver linings from this, because otherwise, I'd not bother watching at all.

And the times we did try and show aggression we did it in the dumbest way possible giving away dumb frees
Absolutely, I dunno if I blame the players either
Can sense the frustration from them but they have no real avenue to vent it

This is super depressing. Almost all of our best players this year have been senior players.

Brown, Sonsie, Young, Campbell, etc may end up as roll players, but there aren't too many small/mid sized players who become guns without showing more than they have in their first 2-3 years.

We'll be done again for awhile imo
Chin up sunshine it will turn

To any Freo lurkers ...

Years ago, probably circa 2010... I was at the Rocks in Sydney at a pub and got chatting to a Freo supporter - let's call him 'The Goose'.
Anyway, 'The Goose' got talking about AFL and I told him I'm a Richmond supporter. 'The Goose' couldn't hold back his laughter and thought that RFC was a joke. I reminded him that his team had won absolutely nothing.

Fast forward 14 years and we have 3 more flags, and the Goose's team still has NOTHING.

Whenever Freo inevitably crap their pants, which is a pretty regular occurrence, I think of 'The Goose' and how flipping ridiculously STUPID he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sonsie is good with the ball in hand, but his tackles get broken, is not great at winning contested possesion and is pretty slow. I think he can be your 5th or 6th midfielder but any higher than that and you're in trouble

Taranto, Prestia, Hopper, Graham, Ross, Lynch, Balta, Gibcus - 8 of our best 22 out
Clarke, Bauer, Fawcett, Colina to add to that with Tresize only just returning.

You can't expect teams with effectively their entire 1st string midfield and half their 2nd out, their two key forwards and key backmen to just be playing as if nothing happened.

For mine, you've found out during this patch that HRS might be the replacement for McIntosh now. Brown, Miller and Young can be trusted to put in a good performance. May not be elite right now, but it's decent.

Maurice has what it takes. Campbell can play a good game at AFL standard. Same with Sonsie and Dow.

Lefau may be an absolute diamond in the rough.

I'm taking silver linings from this, because otherwise, I'd not bother watching at all.
This is exactly what i was going to post

1714888209936.png

Sonsie needs to work his ass off an become a very good runner. His (achievable) ceiling is Lambert imo. High half forward with stints in the middle
Why don't we actually give him a proper stint in the middle like we did Dow and see what he can give us before trying to reinvent him? He can't show us what he is capable of at the level if he isn't played to his strengths.

Sonsie is good with the ball in hand, but his tackles get broken, is not great at winning contested possesion and is pretty slow. I think he can be your 5th or 6th midfielder but any higher than that and you're in trouble
Yeah, definitely showed some signs but he’s not going to be the answer to any of our problems
Think he will be a really handy outside mid but without the bigger contested and defensive boys he gets exposed

But it really was the same story amongst our entire midfield ground today
Just got to hope that these games ultimately help develop them over the long term

Thought Hugo had a really nice again, pops up all over the shop and at critical times
Almost at the point where we just back him in for the rest of the year and see what he can show us

Back