List Mgmt. 2016 Draft/Trade/Free Agency Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been talk about Tom Boyd being encouraged to take a pay cut in order to "take the pressure off him" and to allow the Bulldogs to recruit someone like Hurley. I wasn't aware that could be done once a contract was lodged with the AFL. Is there a possibility in us asking some of our players to do that?

That would make an interesting conversation. "Hey, Tom. We think you'll be so much happier on 400k than a million. We're all about your welfare. So we'd like you to agree to change the terms of your deal. No pressure. Ps: the club President will personally write it for you. No pressure. In fact he's already done so and is waiting in the next room
Seriously, no pressure. We want to take the pressure we created via our ineptitude off you. No pressure. "

Don't think we'll have the huge warchest that a lot are saying- Hanners, Parker etc long term contracts would've been factored in for the increase in salary cap.

But after couple retirements last year and now this year, and if Mitchell goes- I'd imagine we'd have enough for a handy replacement on decent money and not have 2 many dramas with out of contract players next season.

Adding another high quality player or 2 via the draft would be huge, we will have pick 18 and another first rounder for Mitchell, if he goes. (Not that i want him to go). Having already 2 of the best players out of the last 2 drafts means the future will stay bright.

you've changed your tune

Not really. When you can get elite talent you do it. That said I don't want to go from let's say pick 18 to 8-9, that would be pointless. The top 5-6 is elite then it evens out. If we can get Freo's pick go for it.

hill to freo, mitchell to hawthorn, we swap 1st rounders with freo, with maybe some more pick swaps.
Can't we just send Mitchell and our 15-18 to Freo for their pick three, and they can trade the 15-18 pick to Hawthorn for Hill (which is what he's worth).

Basically, is there any way of doing this trade that does not help Hawthorn?

Can't we just send Mitchell and our 15-18 to Freo for their pick three, and they can trade the 15-18 pick to Hawthorn for Hill (which is what he's worth).

Basically, is there any way of doing this trade that does not help Hawthorn?
Freo also need orchestrate a trade for mcarthy who i think gws will play hard ball with

Freo also need orchestrate a trade for mcarthy who i think gws will play hard ball with
GWS has no currency with McCarthy. He's gone. They can play all the hardball they like, but all it means is they have a player taking up cap space who's over in W.A. playing WAFL. Playing hardball just f**** with a young man and costs them cap space. They will trade him to Freo for peanuts if it'll get him off their books.

still another year for mcarthy. No doubt gws will not want to start a reputation as ones to be bent over, they will tell freo we want first pick or we will leave him to continue to train with south freo for another 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back