Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 2: Electric Portaloo

Who is your most hated set of twins in the AFL?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
b79nr8w.gif

Goodness me, I missed my chance to take over the thread with unprecedented shitposting. Damn people in my life wanting to spend time with me, and we don't even half a power out! What's up with that?

lol some crazy on my facebook going on about how the SA power outage is agenda 21 at play to move everyone out so it will become a giant nuclear waste dump

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of my Crows supporting 'mates' were making jokes about how the power failure reminds them of Ports failure to make finals.
It doesn't work when everyone cheers when the power comes back on you idiots...

Yay to waking up with power restored. Big tick to the SES crews......thankyou.
Saw the pics of fallen powerlines and wondered how strong the weather or how strong the steel used?
Whole state out because of 1 downed power feed in the Pt Augusta area ? Oh well it is what it is.
To add to my confusion i'm reading that renewables are the problem o_O.
For those whose need for electricity is a matter of life or death let's hope this 'event' is learnt from and not repeated.
Whatever the reason/excuse for privatising electricity and the circular argument of debt/state bank... blah blah blah
imo it was a mistake. The infrastructure and control of power water & communications is critical to our defence and security.
As such they should be owned and controlled by the people for the people.

Yay to waking up with power restored. Big tick to the SES crews......thankyou.
Saw the pics of fallen powerlines and wondered how strong the weather or how strong the steel used?
Whole state out because of 1 downed power feed in the Pt Augusta area ? Oh well it is what it is.
To add to my confusion i'm reading that renewables are the problem o_O.
For those whose need for electricity is a matter of life or death let's hope this 'event' is learnt from and not repeated.
Whatever the reason/excuse for privatising electricity and the circular argument of debt/state bank... blah blah blah
imo it was a mistake. The infrastructure and control of power water & communications is critical to our defence and security.
As such they should be owned and controlled by the people for the people.

I've done work for Electranet. I asked them why they are upgrading all the power stations when I was up at Morgan/Whyalla Pipeline. They haven't reached Port Augusta yet, because they are working from the interconnector to the national grid at Mt Gambier back.

The problem is that the government didn't bother to upgrade the infrastructure for 50 years. It has a life span of 25 years.

Renewables are the problem because they don't provide enough electricity for the capital expense and again, that money could have went into upgrading the network earlier.

But who is going to vote for a government spending money on stuff you won't even see?

Those high electricity prices you pay...that's to pay for all the stuff that should have been done right around the time the Labor government ****ed up the state with the State Bank collapse...surprise surprise, 25 years ago.

I appreciate everybody else's dilemma, and trust everyone is OK. But just imagine going through an event like last night with an autistic teenager in the house. My 16 year old son couldn't understand why the computer wasn't working. Neither was his electric organ, nor his mobile phone. So the poor kid had a total meltdown. Needless to say, we were delighted when the power was restored at 7.30pm.

Crows board be like "Lol big Looting and Thieving night down at Alberton herps derp ......... power just came on here at Elizabeth Downs"
Seems to be an aweful lot of them at Huntfield Heights as well (Hackham west reimaged). Dress code, Kmart crers clobber.

In fairness it is why I will always have a gas oven, bbq, and preferably a landline phone.
My power came back on about 2115. Fired up the laptop to remote in to work to check the damage but no internet connection. Reboot the router, still no connection. Check the landline, dead. Mobile phone worked just fine.

Mine came on around 8:30. Didn't bother me at all. Cooked on the weber and had power for my laptop to watch movies through my cars duel battery system. Just ran a cable from the car to the family room lel.

Oh, hey, torch! You know, I could've really done with your help last night. Seriously. Where ya' been? Playing hide and seek. Well, aren't you just the hiding champion of the free f@%king world. Guess what. I'm buying a new torch today. A million times brighter than your cheap, two-buck variety store plastic ass. You can light up the bat-signal with this mutha f@%kah. How ya' like me now? Bitch.

I appreciate everybody else's dilemma, and trust everyone is OK. But just imagine going through an event like last night with an autistic teenager in the house. My 16 year old son couldn't understand why the computer wasn't working. Neither was his electric organ, nor his mobile phone. So the poor kid had a total meltdown. Needless to say, we were delighted when the power was restored at 7.30pm.
I could not be more sympathetic to you and your family. Under my roof we have our own challenges in the special needs category.
By the sounds of your post (my bold) your son has a wealth of love n support.

SO what was the total time for the greater Adelaide region? 4? 5 hours? Harden up peeps

Couple of years ago here in Brisbane we had no power for 36 hours (in my suburb, 8kms from CBD). For others it was 4-5 days.

Government jumped in with some emergency cash, but I think it was minimum 72 hours without power before you got anything.

SO what was the total time for the greater Adelaide region? 4? 5 hours? Harden up peeps

Couple of years ago here in Brisbane we had no power for 36 hours (in my suburb, 8kms from CBD). For others it was 4-5 days.

Government jumped in with some emergency cash, but I think it was minimum 72 hours without power before you got anything.

It was the entire state not just the entire Adelaide metro area and some people still have no power.

If you want to engage in some sort of pissing contest you have come to the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back