List Mgmt. Jason Carter First Kimberly Zone player

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a ridiculous amount of talent in the Kimberley region. Just think, if we had access to academy rules earlier we could have matched bids for both SPS and Cedric Cox this coming draft and have plenty of change left over! Carter looks like he could be amazing on the outside and there will be plenty of other talents coming through in the mix. It's not all short speedsters either as Hamling was also from that way. I think the incredible speed they play the game up there really helps foster great skills and intuitive decision making (great attributes for AFL players).

I'm hoping they allow Daniel Cox (Cedric's brother and participant on the Recruit) to be a Cat B rookie selection this year. Having Francis Watson and Daniel Cox on our list, Jason Carter training with us and guys like Ian Hill (Stephen and Brad's cousin who could potentially be better than all of them - from Northam I think so not academy eligible unfortunately) in our sights is all pretty exciting for the future. And the multicultural talent looks pretty fine as well.

There is a ridiculous amount of talent in the Kimberley region. Just think, if we had access to academy rules earlier we could have matched bids for both SPS and Cedric Cox this coming draft and have plenty of change left over! Carter looks like he could be amazing on the outside and there will be plenty of other talents coming through in the mix. It's not all short speedsters either as Hamling was also from that way. I think the incredible speed they play the game up there really helps foster great skills and intuitive decision making (great attributes for AFL players).

I'm hoping they allow Daniel Cox (Cedric's brother and participant on the Recruit) to be a Cat B rookie selection this year. Having Francis Watson and Daniel Cox on our list, Jason Carter training with us and guys like Ian Hill (Stephen and Brad's cousin who could potentially be better than all of them - from Northam I think so not academy eligible unfortunately) in our sights is all pretty exciting for the future. And the multicultural talent looks pretty fine as well.
What a great post. Thanks for the insight :)

What a great post. Thanks for the insight :)
No problem. If anyone wants to check out some of the footy from up North, SBS televise some of the games from the West Kimberley Football League. They also cover the NT league (includes Tiwi Islands where some very big AFL names have come from). Every Tuesday night at 9:30pm on NITV.

A few of us here watched the WKFL Grand Final a few weeks back but it isn't available on SBS On Demand. It is available on Vimeo but is pay per view. The 2015 Grand Final is here: http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/774280771827/west-kimberley-football-league-grand-fin - Daniel Cox featured prominently in that game.

I haven't seen the EKFL (East Kimberley Football League) games televised/online. But it is similar to the WKFL and NTFL. A lot of impressive skills but not so many impressive bodies on display - can only imagine how good they'd be with the right diet and fitness regimes.

As for the youngsters, WA has won the AFL Kickstart championships (u15s indigenous development program) for the past 6 years I think. WA also won the multicultural version (Diversity Championships) this year. It's pretty hard to find footage of these competitions unfortunately but the talent pool is clearly deep for our academy.

Hopefully with our new academy we'll get to see some more from all these talent sources either online or through SBS etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back