Racing February Daily Punt - The Messiah Returns (Winx not Palcatino)

Remove this Banner Ad

just saying if you are including the milers why not the g1 mares WFA winner in I am a Star, surely better than impending, just counting whichever suits your argument or who you feel is overrated #accountability. there was never any hype on the milers incl i am a star or lasqueti spirit the resounding opinion was both are no good along with Impending and Divine Prophet. as far as i was concerned the only hype miler around was Comin' Through. still this crop of 3yo's has won 2 races of 4 against the older horses Star Turn the only real flop of the lot and he was beaten a head.

Not sure where you are getting 2 of 4 from - must be the same numerical system that generates your relative ranking of top horses :D

Ok I'll include I Am A Star and Lasqueti Spirit.

That means the younger generation have had 8 cracks at the older brigade this Autumn for zero wins :thumbsu: #stars

Their fantastic 0-8 record improves to 2-9 if you include the spring where they get huge weight allowances.

Haven't even included Attentions double failure in these figures.

#boomcrop
#besteva
#worldattheirfeet

Not sure where you are getting 2 of 4 from - must be the same numerical system that generates your relative ranking of top horses :D

Ok I'll include I Am A Star and Lasqueti Spirit.

That means the younger generation have had 8 cracks at the older brigade this Autumn for zero wins :thumbsu: #stars

Their fantastic 0-8 record improves to 2-9 if you include the spring where they get huge weight allowances.

Haven't even included Attentions double failure in these figures.

#boomcrop
#besteva
#worldattheirfeet

best depth crop of sprinters we've had for a fair while yes. the other horses you include have no relevance i don't think you could find anyone that regarded the milers that high. From memory i don't think i have them within 3-4L of any of the 5 sprinters, maybe 6 incl russian revolution. and if you think the 3kg extra over 1000/1100m would have stopped either EC or ST winning their wfa events then be my guest.

best depth crop of sprinters we've had for a fair while yes. the other horses you include have no relevance i don't think you could find anyone that regarded the milers that high. From memory i don't think i have them within 3-4L of any of the 5 sprinters, maybe 6 incl russian revolution. and if you think the 3kg extra over 1000/1100m would have stopped either EC or ST winning their wfa events then be my guest.

Heard it time and time again and time and time again they fail to deliver. People were saying EXACTLY THE SAME LAST YEAR after Exo and Press Statement's spring performances. At least Holler had managed to beat the older horses by now!

Given not a single one of this years #boomcrop hasn't been able to win in open company yet this Autumn the empirical evidence is on my side.

Looks like Attention will back up in the Aus Guineas - I was keen first glance (still 21's around) because I think all the 3YO milers are rubbish and this bloke wasn't beaten far against proper horses yesterday.

Anyone done the figures for the Futurity yet? I take it he was somewhat flattered by the tempo.

probably on par with the oregon's day the race previous. i won't be touching the form out of it tbh.

I see theres a 2yo in r2 bendigo today Garrard that boasts a half length second to the Blue Diamond winner Catchy and at its next run before being spelled, a second to the magicMillions winner and one of the Slipper faves in Houtzen.

Fair form.

Sat wide and still won easy. Cant hurt to throw a couple of bob at $201 for the Inglis Sires in a month.

Think that race may be a good form reference for the second tier 2yo races in melbourne. Weirs one that ran second was pretty impressive too. They ran good time as well.

From a couple of weeks ago they'll likely target the VRC Sires Produce (gr2) then go to Sydney to which I reckon would be the Inglis Sires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah ok, $10 out to $16.63 SP on betfair.

Going to be in Sydney for the weekend and have never been to Randwick, is it worth making it out?

When I was living in Canberra I made the trip up to Randwick 3 times. Twice before the renovations, of which one was a busy day (Black Caviar vs Hay List in the TJ is still the best racing memory I have) and another was the week after the Epsom, so a quiet one; then once after the renos in the first year of the Championships "carnival".

It's very different to Flemington - there's still some really good GA standing area along the straight, but there's nowhere near as much as at Flemington. The viewing is ok - better than Flemington, but not as good as Moonee Valley. The parade ring is also out the back now, so if you want to see the horses parade on a busy race day you're giving up the chance for a great spot near the winning post.

It's definitely worth a visit - and you say "is it worth making it out" like it's a long way. It's really not if you're staying somewhere near the CBD. From memory I think the cab from Ultimo was only around $18-19.

Even as spoiled as we are in Melbourne during the Autumn (or late Summer) and in the Spring, I still like to think that I'd make up up for a day of the Championships ever few years. I don't even like Sydney that much, but I really like visiting Randwick.

Ah ok, $10 out to $16.63 SP on betfair.

Going to be in Sydney for the weekend and have never been to Randwick, is it worth making it out?

If its on - yes.

One thing for sure, he's no Sheidel.

#sheicat

Actually he is - both have had their turn at winning a Group 1s in the last 12 months as these extremely moderate group of sprinters take turns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back