Streaming Stranger Things - Netflix Original *SPOILERS*

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeepers.

We did only in years 10 and 12, and a different culture. Less emphasis on having a date, more about your mates and maybe sneaking a few 440 Woodstock cans in the suit jacket inside pockets.

Will having a complete stranger ask him to dance just so everybody had a nice romantic ending was lol.

Sent from mTalk

I don't exactly know what the difference is then...outside of the last 5 mins the rest of the dance looked like what we did...everybody dancing...and then the pash songs came on at the end of the night; the smokers out down the back hiding from teachers carrying torches, and well tbh, pre mix drinks weren't really around until my last year when UDLs and Island Coolers started to appear.

A floor full of people dancing in girl-boy couple just never happened, the whole having a date to the prom just never felt like the thing it does in American TV and movies.

Sent from mTalk

I didn't think they'd be able to back up the first season without getting too gimmicky. It was never going to match it, but this season went beyond my expectations.

It's all been said already, Billy was too one dimensional, Bob's death was predictable.

I thought Steve was going to die in the upside down, sacrificing himself for the kids.

Also, * Netflix doing season dumps. I always feel like I have to rush to finish their shows rather than really soaking it up.

I ...

Also, **** Netflix doing season dumps. I always feel like I have to rush to finish their shows rather than really soaking it up.

Same, in order to avoid spoilers and be able to talk about it before people move on to the next thing.

Sent from mTalk

I didn't think they'd be able to back up the first season without getting too gimmicky. It was never going to match it, but this season went beyond my expectations.

It's all been said already, Billy was too one dimensional, Bob's death was predictable.

I thought Steve was going to die in the upside down, sacrificing himself for the kids.

Also, **** Netflix doing season dumps. I always feel like I have to rush to finish their shows rather than really soaking it up.

Netflix have it down to a science...make something happen in the last minute to get them hooked...next ep starts in 5-4-3-2-1...skip trailer.

Nekminit, 8 hours later.

Clever.

Netflix have it down to a science...make something happen in the last minute to get them hooked...next ep starts in 5-4-3-2-1...skip trailer.

Nekminit, 8 hours later.

Clever.
Much more like a book than a tv show in that regard: a real page turner where just one line keeps you going to the next chapter when you really should be sleeping.

Nekminit, 8 hours later.

Clever.

I often found myself watching the the beginning of every episode after ending one until the credits, that was the point I cut myself off for the day.

I finished it last night and loved it, no drop in quality from the first season imo (apart from that unnecessary episode 7).

Had no problems with Mike being put on the backburners as it gave Lucas and Dustin more of an opportunity to flesh out their characters given we already saw a lot of Mike in season 1.

My only issue was with the character of Billy. You could see what they were trying to do in create a human antagonist that Steve started as last season before being redeemed but it just kind of seemed that Billy was there for the sake of being there, especially with his racial agenda that seemed a bit forced and out of place in this show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mrs Wheeler....
1yjm2d.gif

AruIDrM.gif

God damm she's hot af and Billy is a milf hunter lols

Last edited:
You never had a School Social?

Is it a Rural Australia thing?

We had them every year from Yr 7 to 12. I still flee dance floors when Nutbush comes on.

My Year 8 kid has had 4 in the past two years.

I won a copy of the cure's "close to me" ater pashing a family friend at my year 7 dance, no tongue

Dances were common.

good solid season. much like season 1. hardly ranks with the A grade quality shows in terms of writing quality or drama though and thus is a tad overrated. Like all the new characters this season. Steve and Bob were the winners of best characters. surely the characters in episode 7 come back into play and in bigger roles in next season.

An older mate had a minor gripe about the punks from episode 7 not being right for 1984, looking more like a late 80s thing.

For a show that's as respectful to its era as this, can anyone confirm?

Sent from mTalk

An older mate had a minor gripe about the punks from episode 7 not being right for 1984, looking more like a late 80s thing.

For a show that's as respectful to its era as this, can anyone confirm?

Sent from mTalk

Bloke with the mohawk looked 80’s.

I say the big black guy looked out of place but the rest of the punks looked fine imo

Same. Given they seemed to resolve the love triangle, I was convinced he was going to be offed and became terrified, given he'd just spent 9 episodes becoming the standout character. That actor's probably got the most promising future, damn he's cool. That Farah Fawcett hair spray.

Netflix have it down to a science...make something happen in the last minute to get them hooked...next ep starts in 5-4-3-2-1...skip trailer..

I actually can't stand it, sometimes I like to watch the closing credits (particularly if enjoying the tune over it) but it's just too short a time to stop it moving into autoplay. I think there's a place in the Settinngs I can stop it? I hope so. Pretty sure it used to be a longer countdown. 5 seconds is way too short.

Anyway, echo everyone else. Really loved the season except Episode 7. I don't mind what they tried to do, but:

a) the characters were mostly cliches and uninteresting; and
b) it should have come a few episodes earlier, maybe around the midpoint of the season. Instead it was just a horrendous momentum killer. I was worried I was going to have a late work night binging the series but after that went "Yep, I'll just do the last two episodes tomorrow." Was very misguided.

I was also perplexed about Billy. With the talk of him not being Max's real brother, with his weird aggression, I thought maybe we'd get a twist of him also having been experimented on. Hopefully they actually make the character interesting in Season 3. Or just have him disappear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back