Training 2018 Pre-season. The year of the Ollie.

Remove this Banner Ad

560823.jpg

And it begins! Probably need a photo’s of Jaeger thread to be honest, because let’s face it, there will be thousands!

[I have no skin in this game, so don't feel any obligation to take it on board ~ B&GBlood]

I know it's just a pic and its often not a true reflection of how things are, but it's intetesting how Impey's body shape looks compared to how the rest of the Hawks seem to be.

I'm sure he's naturally a bit bulky anyway but he just seems chunkier.

I thought Jaeger was a bit bulkier than the Hawks seem to like last year but now he looks a little more streamlined.

Just interesting how different team's S&C staff go about things.
ac371edb5a6462c0079b3320c8a3be6d.jpg

It always struck me how broad Impey is across the shoulders.

Hopefully he can cannon those shoulders into a few midriffs as he lays some menacing tackles in 2018 and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's just a pic and its often not a true reflection of how things are, but it's intetesting how Impey's body shape looks compared to how the rest of the Hawks seem to be.

I thought Jaeger was a bit bulkier than the Hawks seem to like last year but now he looks a little more streamlined.

Noice

He looks like a solid unit. I would expect him to reduce some size under Jack and the team. Even our own bigger bodied mids did post 2011 / 2012. While everyone was going for the big bull mid, we were stripping weight off Lewis and Hodge each year, and that was before they were 30. if he is quick with that build, he should be even quicker with 3 or 4 less kilos to carry

He was definitely bloody big last year - he walked past me in Richmond late last year and I was blown away by how big he looked in the upper body. Most AFL players look fairly unassuming when they have a t-shirt on and it is the height you notice. Jaeger looked closer to the build of some of the Melbourne Storm outside backs I see around the place. He's a tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back