Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. I would say the 18-30 on our list ...

The 22nd player in the Consensus 22 is between Lang and Dow, and we have Macreadie, Lamb, Garlett, O’Brien, Mullett, Polson and Kerr missing out on the Consensus 22 ... with Docherty a long term injury too ...

With the exception of Gibbs, the players retired or that we delisted were probably in our bottom 15, and the players we brought in are significant upgrades ...

Gorringe - Lobbe
Jaksch - TDK
Korcheck - Shaw
Armfield - LO’b
Buckley - O’Shea
Boekhorst - Garlett
Sumner - Lang
Smedts - Dow
White - Schumacher
Palmer - Mullett
Gallucci -
Sheehan - McDaid
Gibbs - Kennedy

Great apples for apples comparison GIIP!

Casboult's conversion has been very good under Sav stints 1 & 2.

Sounds so weird, but kicking is actually far from Levi's biggest flaw. That would be his lack of impact in general play. He doesn't really chase, tackle, decoy lead or anything else.

He's an old school FF in a modern day game. Which is only OK if you're Tom Hawkins and kicking 50-60 goals a year.

Having said that, I've picked him in my round 1 team, hoping like hell McKay develops quickly and replaces him ASAP.
True
I have Casboult in team as Mckay is still too young I believe
But hopefully come mid to end of season Mckay will take his spot

Sounds so weird, but kicking is actually far from Levi's biggest flaw. That would be his lack of impact in general play. He doesn't really chase, tackle, decoy lead or anything else.

He's an old school FF in a modern day game. Which is only OK if you're Tom Hawkins and kicking 50-60 goals a year.

Having said that, I've picked him in my round 1 team, hoping like hell McKay develops quickly and replaces him ASAP.

Levi is not a mobile tall with good footy IQ.
Will try hard has a great mark as we all know, but poor kick in general.
We must tolerate his lack of ability for next year at least . But with Lukosuis or one of the King brothers and Ben Silvagni looming as our big options, the pain will be over very soon.

Who would you ask?
He played 18 this year and would have been 22 if not for injury.
What if he's the fittest he's ever been next year and playing good football. What's the question going to be? :)
I didnt realise he played 18 games in 2017....he didnt have a major impact and his stats were average.
He doesnt have pace anymore and doesnt leap much..I think he kicked a few nice goals though.
He looks slow and probably is....we cannot move on from him because we are too weak, plus i think he might bring some fans and attention for club media plus he has a mentor role which may help...etc..
i dont think he will play more than 18 games this season

I didnt realise he played 18 games in 2017....he didnt have a major impact and his stats were average.
He doesnt have pace anymore and doesnt leap much..I think he kicked a few nice goals though.
He looks slow and probably is....we cannot move on from him because we are too weak, plus i think he might bring some fans and attention for club media plus he has a mentor role which may help...etc..
i dont think he will play more than 18 games this season

I'd be happy if our best players played 18 games.

Who out of our trades this year will impact?
Have they been training the house down?
Garlett- will he make 22 all year with his tank and run?
Lang-wil lhe make 22 all year and kick a bag with his powerful style?
Mullett-will HE be permanent 22?...and run off HBF or a wing
Oshea- will he make 22?
OSOS-will he make his way back in 22?
Kennedy-will be 22 all season...how good will he be?

Who out of our trades this year will impact?
Have they been training the house down?
Garlett- will he make 22 all year with his tank and run?
Lang-wil lhe make 22 all year and kick a bag with his powerful style?
Mullett-will HE be permanent 22?...and run off HBF or a wing
Oshea- will he make 22?
OSOS-will he make his way back in 22?
Kennedy-will be 22 all season...how good will he be?
Silvagni gets injured a lot, but the rest i hope and think they all will have an impact.

True
I have Casboult in team as Mckay is still too young I believe
But hopefully come mid to end of season Mckay will take his spot

I really don't care about the mature players. 2018 is again about development

As long as the players drafted over the past 2-3 years keep getting games and improving. In 2017 I thought Bolton did it perfectly. The difference in 2018 is that we now have more kids and a better range of players ready to step in and play.

If by mid year McKay Kerr Polson Dow O'Brien LeBois are getting regular games like Fisher Willo etc did last year we are in a really good spot heading into 2019 when I expect us to start moving up the ladder

We must tolerate his lack of ability for next year at least . But with Lukosuis or one of the King brothers and Ben Silvagni looming as our big options, the pain will be over very soon.

I would think McKay Kerr Silvagni is enough and will replace Casboult during the year

I really hope by mid season our side is starting to look like this

B: Byrne Weitering Marchbank
HB: Garlett Jones Williamson
C: Pickett Cripps O'Brien
HF: Charlie McKay Polson
F: Murphy Kerr Wright
Foll: Kruezer Kennedy SPS
Int: Curnow Cuningham Plowman Dow
or any of these: Fisher Silvagni Lang Simpson Phillips Schumacher LeBois McDaid DeKoning Macreadie Mullett ASOS

If our side is looking something like this and getting games we are in a great spot heading into 2019 and IMO that is what 2018 should be about

then we add a top 10 pick, 2 x second rounders, BSOS, Manton & Hickmont plus a FA & Big Fish :)

or any of these: Fisher Silvagni Lang Simpson Phillips Schumacher LeBois McDaid DeKoning Macreadie Mullett ASOS

If our side is looking something like this and getting games we are in a great spot heading into 2019 and IMO that is what 2018 should be about

then we add a top 10 pick, 2 x second rounders, BSOS, Manton & Hickmont plus a FA & Big Fish :)
That would be the ultimate 22 but in all likelihood not all young players are going to come on. Namely Kerr, Le Bois, polson even pickett need to have years that show growth. I would be happy if 1-2 of these came on to be good players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be the ultimate 22 but in all likelihood not all young players are going to come on. Namely Kerr, Le Bois, polson even pickett need to have years that show growth. I would be happy if 1-2 of these came on to be good players

Not this group. Something quite special about the lot of them. Majority if not close to all will be very good or better AFL players

Might be a bit optimistic on Polson? any indication at AFL level he can hold that?
Obrien looks good.....untested tho so this is a wild punt.Ditto Kerr...
We trulyhave to win games and put up our best players...
we will be after 8 wins in 2018 no less...

B: Byrne-15 Weitering Marchbank-23
HB: Garlett-15 Jones Williamson-15
C: Pickett-10 Cripps O'Brien-0
HF: Charlie-27 McKay-2 Polson-1
F: Murphy Kerr-0 Wright
Foll: Kruezer Kennedy-19 SPS-20
Int: Curnow Cuningham-11 Plowman Dow-0

14 out of your preferred 22 have played an average of 11 games per.
I think you may be disappointed if that's the side you're looking forward to see Bolton putting out onto field, in June.

Some of those guys would need to have had extraordinary pre-seasons for that to come about, or we have a truckload of injuries to senior players.

Not this group. Something quite special about the lot of them. Majority if not close to all will be very good or better AFL players

In that case, who do we lose over the next 2-3 years? Because this horde of good or better AFL players aren't going to be satisfied sitting in the VFL waiting for their turn through injury.

Byrne, Marchbank, Plowman
Docherty, Weitering, Williamson
O'Brien, Cripps, Dow
De Koning, SPS, Kennedy
Cuningham, McKay, Curnow
Lebois, Kerr, SOS
I/C: Macreadie, Polson, Fisher, Garlett

Lang, Schumacher?
"Then we add a top 10 pick, 2 x second rounders, BSOS, Manton & Hickmont plus a FA & Big Fish"

Going to be very interesting to see what the vibe is like once some of these kids start leaving Carlton to chase greater opportunities elsewhere.

Lol he will I don’t what it is but he’s got it like Cripps who has muscles in places where I don’t even have places he will be like blue stone ina Carlton alley
love that

Indications of our 2018 22 will be emerging at the pre season
Who has a tank this year?
Who is working hard
Who wants to play AFL?
We need a strong deep team in 2018..
There is Optisism in our trades this year,we are looking fitter /faster/stronger on paper this year
There will be a few spots for the new/newer drafts however not many early ..spots may appear after injuries etc thru the season
I see a stronger attack this year and more even over the ground and better speed and ball movement
This team on paper might get easily beaten by a GWS or Adelaide.....however any team having a slow round or off day we could target and overrun.
I see more run this year,a better team and Bolts will have more options.

pauline hanson?

I hope he plays 20 or so games next year and nudges 40 goals.

SOS has fast run out of family silverware to sell during Trade Week - A good season from Levi and SOS maybe able to sucker punch another club for another second rounder.

pauline hanson?

giphy.gif

14 out of your preferred 22 have played an average of 11 games per.
I think you may be disappointed if that's the side you're looking forward to see Bolton putting out onto field, in June.

Some of those guys would need to have had extraordinary pre-seasons for that to come about, or we have a truckload of injuries to senior players.

and out come the negative nellies.

I have no doubt this is the best group of young players to be at any club at any one time and that includes GWS. They have it all and will take us to No.17 and beyond. You can keep looking for the negatives but I'm enjoying the ride and it will make No.17 so sweet.

Bolton will get games into as many as possible in 2018/19 then watch out as they mature and learn to play along side each other and as a lethal combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back