Movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi. - THREAD PART 1 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS* - Cont. in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Han frozen.
- Luke finding out his dad is Vader
- Lando,Luke,Liea,Chewie,3PO,R2 going on a mission to save Han.

I would have been frothin to see ROTJ.

Luke becoming a full blown Jedi (which I would've assumed would happen between films)

Luke tossing the light saber over his shoulder was basically symbolism for '**** everything you've been waiting for since TFA, it counts for nothing'.

Why couldnt they have Luke giving the lightsaber back to Rey in a suttle way and then walking off.

Him tossing it over his shoulder was making a mockery of the ending in FA.

Luke tossing the light saber over his shoulder was basically symbolism for '**** everything you've been waiting for since TFA, it counts for nothing'.

The fact that the movie was set right after TFA is a problem too. The premise for these movies is that they are scattered episodes of galactic events, and that we are peering in to that universe during one of its crucial times. The direct sequel ruins that conceit, because it would just be part of the previous episode.

There were three years between ANH and ESB. 1 between ESB and ROTJ. 10 years between TPM and AOTC.

The fact that the movie was set right after TFA is a problem too. The premise for these movies is that they are scattered episodes of galactic events, and that we are peering in to that universe during one of its crucial times. The direct sequel ruins that conceit, because it would just be part of the previous episode.

There were three years between ANH and ESB. 1 between ESB and ROTJ. 10 years between TPM and AOTC.

You think Disney would do a time jump for 9.

Why couldnt they have Luke giving the lightsaber back to Rey in a suttle way and then walking off.

Him tossing it over his shoulder was making a mockery of the ending in FA.

Giving it back would almost suggest he's happy for her to have it which isn't what he wants at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are still shitty about Snoke. I really don't get it.

His purpose was to be killed by Kylo Ren so Kylo can be what he was meant to be.

If they'd done a complete arc for Snoke, his death wouldn't have been such an impact and it would have been far less of a leap forward for Kylo.

We still have a whole movie to go where I'm guessing Kylo's turn will be further discussed. Snoke's backstory can be filled in a bit then. Remember the Knights of Ren were other students at Luke's Jedi Academy. How and why they were turned to follow Kylo should be a key moment of Ep9.

As someone else said earlier, we might even see a flashback lightsaber battle between Luke and Snoke. It's well within the scope of Ep9.

Anyone seen that Thor movie?

I liked how they randomly threw a bunch of kiwis all throughout the galaxy. "Choice bro!" lol.

I reckon Josh Whedon should do that.

I ain't going to another star wars in the cinema again, just download the movie. Read all the spoilers first to see if it's worth watching or not. Basically not commit until they start releasing consecutive great movies, earning faith again.
Didn't like Rogue One?

His purpose was to be killed by Kylo Ren so Kylo can be what he was meant to be.

If they'd done a complete arc for Snoke, his death wouldn't have been such an impact and it would have been far less of a leap forward for Kylo.

We still have a whole movie to go where I'm guessing Kylo's turn will be further discussed. Snoke's backstory can be filled in a bit then. Remember the Knights of Ren were other students at Luke's Jedi Academy. How and why they were turned to follow Kylo should be a key moment of Ep9.

As someone else said earlier, we might even see a flashback lightsaber battle between Luke and Snoke. It's well within the scope of Ep9.
So for Palps we know:

1. How he came to assume ultimate power (by dissolving the Senate)
2. His part in converting Vader to the Dark Side (not explicitly, but a fair bit of exposition from Palps in VI helped fill some blanks)
3. His motivations (luring the Rebels into a trap, wanting to replace Vader with Luke, etc.)

For Snoke we know:
1. He's Kylo's Master
2. He leads the FO
3. ??

As Weevil would say, for the latter, those ain't personality traits, they're job descriptions!

You can't keep bouncing between "He's a nobody, we don't need to care about him" to "He's just like Palpatine". He was a horribly developed character and the pacing for his development was done terribly. You sort of shoot yourself in the foot by saying that the intention is for him to be 2-dimensional when that's the complaint.

If you don't get it though, then that's fine, all power to you if you like your villains pantomime.

I ain't going to another star wars in the cinema again, just download the movie. Read all the spoilers first to see if it's worth watching or not. Basically not commit until they start releasing consecutive great movies, earning faith again.

You, like everyone else who comments in this thread, will be there at midnight or at least in the first week.

And why?

Because everyone knows that a Star Wars movie has the potential to be epic. And you always want be there opening night if it is, because the energy in the room would be ******* electric.

You, like everyone else who comments in this thread, will be there at midnight or at least in the first week.

And why?

Because everyone knows that a Star Wars movie has the potential to be epic. And you always want be there opening night if it is, because the energy in the room would be ******* electric.
Nope

Oh you mean the knights of Ren that was built up in TFA and never shown again

Oh how exciting ..hopefully after building them up they develop them more than what they did with Snoke

I’m loving your excuses for their poor writing and s**t character developments

You can't keep bouncing between "He's a nobody, we don't need to care about him" to "He's just like Palpatine". He was a horribly developed character and the pacing for his development was done terribly. You sort of shoot yourself in the foot by saying that the intention is for him to be 2-dimensional when that's the complaint.

If you don't get it though, then that's fine, all power to you if you like your villains pantomime.
He's not pantomime, but Kylo's whole drive in this film is to pull away from the things that are holding him back. He smashes his helmet to let go of Vader. He kills Snoke. The one thing he can't let go of is Luke.

The whole reason Snoke was killed at the midpoint of the trilogy was for maximum impact on Kylo's arc. Kylo turned on his master, the established big bad guy, and killed him, giving the whole trilogy a huge left turn. Kylo was the most interesting character in the movie and killing Snoke was vital to that.

Rey has stopped worrying about her parents. Kylo has stopped serving a master. Both of them are now the masters of their own destiny leading into Ep9.

You're banking a lot on the next film going back to explain a lot of Snoke related things El_Scorcho, if it doesn't, and there's about as much chance that it won't as much as it will, then where will you stand?
The posters has 2 years to develop a defence for it

Trust me the posters will defend it to the hilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back