Sexual Misconduct in Hollywood (+ now Australia!) - All individuals combined

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine there are blokes doing what’s being talked about, running across the gammit of society and industry....but does that make it right to ruin a mans reputation and potentially life, simply because of the nature of the alleged offense?

Do we think it’s acceptable for people to go on Twitter or FB and publicly accuse the man living next door of being a paedophile?

Of course not.

But by your argument, we should, because there are paedophiles living in the community.
there are legit allegations and police investigations happening, what happens on social media at the same time is out of the control of the people involved as once this becomes public knowledge people are going to comment

there are terrible things happening to those coming forward on social media as well. Death threats, threats of rape, etc

so not only have these people had to go through what they did before coming forward, they have to deal with people attacking them because they dared to out someone's favorite actor as being a scum bag

there is just no way the media isn't going to report on allegations against someone famous whether they be involved in sport or music or movies or tv, you seem to think that no allegations should be made because of these guys getting attacked on twitter while having no sympathy for the people making the allegations

why are you so worried about the people being accused and not the victims?

there are legit allegations and police investigations happening, what happens on social media at the same time is out of the control of the people involved as once this becomes public knowledge people are going to comment

there are terrible things happening to those coming forward on social media as well. Death threats, threats of rape, etc

so not only have these people had to go through what they did before coming forward, they have to deal with people attacking them because they dared to out someone's favorite actor as being a scum bag

there is just no way the media isn't going to report on allegations against someone famous whether they be involved in sport or music or movies or tv, you seem to think that no allegations should be made because of these guys getting attacked on twitter while having no sympathy for the people making the allegations

why are you so worried about the people being accused and not the victims?

I do care about the victims.

Just the same as I’m sure Liam Neeson does, and Alec Baldwin does.

I just want to see fairness as a part of this ‘process’. Just because it wasn’t a part of it in the past for victims, doesn’t mean we should descend into the same gutter now the shoe is on the other foot.

Mandela taught us that much.

I do care about the victims.

Just the same as I’m sure Liam Neeson does, and Alec Baldwin does.

I just want to see fairness as a part of this ‘process’. Just because it wasn’t a part of it in the past for victims, doesn’t mean we should descend into the same gutter now the shoe is on the other foot.

Mandela taught us that much.

I guess the fairness of the process is subjective.

Until I see an example of someone being unfairly treated I’m not particularly concerned about that being an issue.

Mallard? The bloke in the mid 90s in Mosman Park?
Beamish was the 60s?
I’ve never even heard of John Button but I’m gonna assume that was a fair while ago.

How do any of those guys in any way relate to the current situation in Hollywood?

You said you had never heard of any innocent men having there lives ruined.

Clearly that’s not the case.

I can see men who at the worst have acted inappropriately, tarred as rapists based on nothing more than a hashtag, and having there careers and lives ruined in this saga.

You said you had never heard of any innocent men having there lives ruined.

Clearly that’s not the case.

I can see men who at the worst have acted inappropriately, tarred as rapists based on nothing more than a hashtag, and having there careers and lives ruined in this saga.

I thought we were discussing the list that circulated not 50 year old miscarriages of Justice (which aren’t exclusive to men by the way).

I thought we were discussing the list that circulated not 50 year old miscarriages of Justice (which aren’t exclusive to men by the way).

That’s not what you said.

You said show me an innocent man whose ever suffered from the ramifications of false allegations. I did that.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...n/18/colin-firth-woody-allen-accusations-film

Another white knight virtue signalling.

Why are you only turning against Woody NOW Colon? You were happy to work with him a couple of years back? What’s changed?

A hashtag?

Hollywood is a farce.

Professional bull s**t artists the lot of them.

But then what do you expect from a man who commissioned and then drove a study determined to push an argument that conservative politicians and supporters are intellectually less evolved than there Labor counterparts.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-13661538

Congratulations, care to make it relevant to this?

So you don’t think it’s possible an entirely innocent man may get caught up in this and have his life and career ruined in the process?

Right now all it takes is a female with a twitter account and that’s it...your show can be pulled off the air, cancelled, your contract terminated. And anyone who raises a hand and says ‘but hang on a minute, shouldn’t we wait and see if he is guilty’, is shouted down by the screeching #metoo brigade as being a rape apologist etc.

For example, i have actually met Chris Hemsworth and his father, and I can tell you a more genuine and down to earth bloke you would struggle to find. But right now, all it would take is one or two women with there own agenda and a twitter account, and all that he has done and achieved could be in jeopardy.

No one is holding off and waiting for information with #metoo, it’s just allegation = guilt = blacklist.

That is wrong.

So you don’t think it’s possible an entirely innocent man may get caught up in this and have his life and career ruined in the process?

Right now all it takes is a female with a twitter account and that’s it...your show can be pulled off the air, cancelled, your contract terminated. And anyone who raises a hand and says ‘but hang on a minute, shouldn’t we wait and see if he is guilty’, is shouted down by the screeching #metoo brigade as being a rape apologist etc.

For example, i have actually met Chris Hemsworth and his father, and I can tell you a more genuine and down to earth bloke you would struggle to find. But right now, all it would take is one or two women with there own agenda and a twitter account, and all that he has done and achieved could be in jeopardy.

No one is holding off and waiting for information with #metoo, it’s just allegation = guilt = blacklist.

That is wrong.
I personally think you are wrong, it will take more than someone tweeting to do the kind of damage you are talking about
you also again seem more worried about what might happen on twitter than what as actually happened in the real world

That is wrong.

I don’t think the examples you gave have anything to do with trial by twitter or blokes getting destroyed for just “making a pass at a woman”

As said no one is having their careers destroyed by a single allegation, or at least, no one that I have seen. Add to that the fact that the “punishment” if you like seems to be fitting the crime here. Rape claims are being investigated criminally, misconduct claims are being reviewed professionally especially in the context of the perpetrators doing their harassment and abuse in their workplaces I’d say this far it’s entirely appropriate.

Again, legitimacy of the claims and Twitter prosecution is one thing, trying to make out innocent blokes just going about their business are getting fired and destroyed because of the #metoo movement and the current Hollywood climate is silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally think you are wrong, it will take more than someone tweeting to do the kind of damage you are talking about
you also again seem more worried about what might happen on twitter than what as actually happened in the real world

Let’s just say I have a very cynical view of women. I’ll be the first to admit that.

Let’s just say I have a very cynical view of women. I’ll be the first to admit that.
That much is obvious.

You seem particularly outraged by a handful of injustices against men and not wholly bothered by decades of injustice against women. So much so, you're arguing to protect guilty men on the basis it might, one day, maybe, affect an innocent man.

Shocked to be sitting here.

Go though a couple of divorces, and family court battles and you will come around to my way of thinking.

Women are far craftier, far more emotionally manipulative, and far more emotionally cruel than men.

I challenge anyone to dispute this.

Girls have been training for this #metoo battle since puberty.

Now it’s on for youg and old.

That much is obvious.

You seem particularly outraged by a handful of injustices against men and not wholly bothered by decades of injustice against women. So much so, you're arguing to protect guilty men on the basis it might, one day, maybe, affect an innocent man.

Well that is why we got rid of a perfectly fine death penalty.

Not the victim part, but the not doing something in case the accused is innocent.

Sent from mTalk

1508202252267.gif

Well that is why we got rid of a perfectly fine death penalty.

Not the victim part, but the not doing something in case the accused is innocent.

Sent from mTalk
You don't see the difference?

We took the ultimate punishment off the table because it can't be corrected. That doesn't mean we stopped trying all crimes. Our system is imperfect, sometimes innocent people do get caught up, it's true. But this argument is not nearly as high minded as it wants to appear.

You don't see the difference?

We took the ultimate punishment off the table because it can't be corrected. That doesn't mean we stopped trying all crimes. Our system is imperfect, sometimes innocent people do get caught up, it's true. But this argument is not nearly as high minded as it wants to appear.

I think there's some wisdom in not implicitly siding with every accuser.

There's a chance many of the people named in these scandals are never found guilty of a crime. Then what? Do we disregard the court of law like a mob? Do we forgive?

Seriously, what happens then?

Sent from mTalk

Not an anti women thing at all.

Seems a tad anti-woman, since a lot of those "starlets" are also male actors like Colin Firth and Timothee Chalamet, but it doesn't seem to stop you from painting it in predominately female terms. :drunk:

Seems a tad anti-woman, since a lot of those "starlets" are also male actors like Colin Firth and Timothee Chalamet, but it doesn't seem to stop you from painting it in predominately female terms. :drunk:

Because it’s predominantly women leading this ‘purge’. And as for Chalamet and the Colon, I haven’t spared them from criticism. Just as bad as the ‘starlets’ for mine....they knew about Woody’s history and the allegations, and yet like all the rest, still chose to work with him.

Its only now that it’s political unacceptable to remain silent and it’s Woody’s turn to be banished into the wilderness that they choose to get on the Tweet and Instagram, expressing there moral outrage and regret at working with ‘the monster’.

True opponents of sexual abuse or misuse of power, never would of been working with Woody from the day the accusations broke two decades ago.

Males actors, female actors....there is enough hypocrisy and pissweak, twenty years too late, mea culpas floating around the Woody Allen situation, to fill an ark.

Easy to cut ties, offer condemnation, express regret, AFTER you have starred in one of his creepy movies....where are the actors and actresses that knew what we all knew twenty years ago, and chose not to work with him....these are the heroes as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
Go though a couple of divorces, and family court battles and you will come around to my way of thinking.

Women are far craftier, far more emotionally manipulative, and far more emotionally cruel than men.

I challenge anyone to dispute this.

Girls have been training for this #metoo battle since puberty.

Now it’s on for youg and old.
Divorces and family court battles
Will make you bitter and twisted and having seen one from close up fully understandable of you view about women in general . Not sure if all the women making the allegations are crafty but I know your view wont be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back