2018 non-freo nonsense (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a soft princess. Such an overrated player that hardly amount to anything. What's with him announcing it well into pre season? Maybe that's why, didn't want to work hard anymore?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The age sounds closer to right though end of this yr , why would you have a 30 yr old with still three yrs on a contract ?
Since I didn't write that article I think we should assume it's wrong.

But it would have made for an interesting AFL issue. They have set a precedent where a contract used to lure a player generating an AFL compensation pick is fixed in the salary cap even if the player retires, but not if they were drafted or traded.

Ah, yes the 2006 draft. Clayton (1 game), Brock O'Brien (3 games) and Calib Mourish (not a single game).
Brock O’Brien: I knew a couple of west coast scouts back then & one of them kept raving to me about how we had picked up a special player there.
The other scout told me that Ashley Sampi would win a Brownlow because his talent was elite, but his attitude was even better. :D

Last edited:
The age sounds closer to right though end of this yr , why would you have a 30 yr old with still three yrs on a contract ?
The Sydney board were talking of having secured him until 2020, looking through it now.

Three years left on his deal, no cap relief this season but next year, look out!

The Sydney board were talking of having secured him until 2020, looking through it now.

Three years left on his deal, no cap relief this season but next year, look out!
Gee those guys do some crazy deals , Buddy's deal takes him through to around the 34 year old mark .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back