Can Richmond go back to back? # Did overconfidence cost them against Collingwood #

Did overconfidence cost Richmond the win against Collingwood?

• yes

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 47 38.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring the same pressure as last year and they'll be right up there.

Every team wants to knock off the reigning premiers so they'll have to deal with that week in, week out. Lowly teams will play out of their skins to try and say they beat last year's premiers, whilst the Tiges could treat it as just another game.

Make top 4 and they're every chance to go back to back. Top 2 and there's a strong chance.

Have they even finished top 2 since 1982? I suppose b2b is more possible than Bartletts projection of 5 flags. Which for perspective is also possible
Heh, I remember people saying Brisbane weren't that great because they never finished on top. But in retrospect we seem to have decided their three flags in a row are still okay.

Richmond hit peak form in the last quarter of the year, i.e. the game plan that started experimentally was refined over the season. Basically it relied on 22 players all playing from the same song book, and a couple of stars in Martin and Rance playing like only the best players can do when most needed.
There is no reason to think that they can't improve or at least maintain that standard, unless hit by injuries. Can it be maintained for a whole season, probably not, as mentioned earlier that Brisbane never finished on the top of the ladder, yet could do it when they needed, finals.
If Richmond are top 4 they are a real chance, but it is never easy to get in that top 4. Geelong, Sydney, Adelaide, GWS, and a host of others will be hunting, hence back to back premierships are not easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should play finals, but will probably be in the bottom half of the 8.
Because they played like a bottom 8 side last finals and went out in the first week as usual.... typical Richmond.
C’mon Abasi - have you seen their JLT form? The flag is theirs
No, based on the fact that they are the reigning premiers, or does that only apply to the good teams... like Hawthorn.

i have liked what i have seen.... i have always thought our defense was the best in the league now we have the pressure and intensity to go with it make them even better and harder to score against but it even seems they have added a bit more on the offensive side of things if we keep this up and have a good run with injuries i really think we have a chance....as it sits right now looks like we have the best all rounded game style.

Richmond have the goods to go further and improve this year - which they will need to - they were a bit lucky in their finals draw not playing away - and thats unlikely to happen twice unless of course they do improve and finish top two.

A few wins away from the mcg against quality opposition added to their wins at the mcg would easily put them top two and leave them a pretty fearsome unit come september.

Would say they have a great chance play at the mcg if the list stays healthy and they come up against a intestate team why not.

Because they played like a bottom 8 side last finals and went out in the first week as usual.... typical Richmond.
How precious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back